The Last 20 Pounds

Hello MFP community!

I am looking to discuss losing the last 20 pounds! I am a 31 y/o female, 5'7 weighing 153-155 lbs. When I started I was 200lbs! I took a bit of a break from calorie counting and exercising during Covid so I have been maintaining for sometime.... I now have about 20lbs of fat I would like to lose.

I would love to know how many of you guys also have 20lbs left to lose and what you are doing to get rid of the last bit of weight! I would also love to hear from those who have successfully lost the last 20lbs and what you did!

So far I am picking up the weights again 3-4 times per week and doing HIIT training 2 times per week. Sometimes I will do steady state cardio for half hour on the treadmill walking at a brisk 3.1 km/hr on an incline of 12, followed by weights. I only eat back half the calories earned through exercise. Sometimes I overeat by like 100-200 calories in my diary! So that is something I am trying to work on lol.

I think one reason I overeat in my diary is due to my job. I work on a very busy unit where I typically clock in at 12,000 steps per 12 hour day shift and though I have MFP set to lightly active, I think that is an underestimation :P

I am also focusing on eating "cleaner" I say cleaner because I do like the occasional treat. I am a firm believer in the 80-20 rule were you eat 80% good and 20% of whatever u want in moderation.

Anyway, thats what I am doing to work on these last 20lbs, I'd love to hear from you guys!!

Pictures of my before and after for attention :P:

I apologize I don't have better before and after comparisons! I have pictures but they are in my undies and MFP would be upset if I posted them haha

Me around 200 lbs!

f5id19ujplsk.jpg

iz8ok2j96ut3.jpg

Me now:

81do4q4h0yu8.jpg

h6bcmfhy6e1c.jpg

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    thank you :)
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I lost ~50 several years ago, and now am midway thru losing about 20 I'd put back on. Its really no different from losing weight the first time.

Pick a reasonable weight loss target (for me that is about .5-.75 pounds per week), accurately & honestly log my calories. Plan my meals/snacks to be satiated and tweak here & there as needed. Set activity/exercise goals to keep me moving. Trying to build a strength program, because I want to improve my 'shape' and not just change the scale #s. That is the most challenging aspect for me, and for now I feel I'm at least making progress (compared to prior efforts) because I'm at least doing a combination of bodyweight exercises several times a week. Cardio comes easier to me!

Most days I'm eating around 1400-1600. I tend to walk for 30-40 minutes in the morning and again at lunch time. I'm 5'5", 138ish (now, aiming for about 130), 45.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    ps-lightly active is not 12,000 steps a day on your job. Moving up to the most active or the one right below it is probably more reasonable. Which would give you more calories to work with, help you thru your day.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    No advice but you look stunning at both weights. Don't forget to enjoy the view from where you are now
  • Rayanne203
    elfin168 wrote: »
    No advice but you look stunning at both weights. Don't forget to enjoy the view from where you are now

Thank you!!! I know it is tough to love myself at all stages, I am working on that <3
  • Rayanne203
    I lost ~50 several years ago, and now am midway thru losing about 20 I'd put back on. Its really no different from losing weight the first time.

Pick a reasonable weight loss target (for me that is about .5-.75 pounds per week), accurately & honestly log my calories. Plan my meals/snacks to be satiated and tweak here & there as needed. Set activity/exercise goals to keep me moving. Trying to build a strength program, because I want to improve my 'shape' and not just change the scale #s. That is the most challenging aspect for me, and for now I feel I'm at least making progress (compared to prior efforts) because I'm at least doing a combination of body weight exercises several times a week. Cardio comes easier to me!

Most days I'm eating around 1400-1600. I tend to walk for 30-40 minutes in the morning and again at lunch time. I'm 5'5", 138ish (now, aiming for about 130), 45.

Thank you for your reply!

I am also taking measurement and have noticed my inches decreasing even when the scale does not budge. I know the scale is only one piece of the measurement of success. I also struggle with the fluctuations I see on the scale lol, they sometimes shoot up 10lbs !!! damn water weight and hormones. I also try not to weight myself more than once a week. Especially after I have been lifting because I hold on to water when I lift.

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Agree you look fabulous - Congrats on your success :)

I'm in the last stretch too, not changing anything, just keep on keeping on :)
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    @Rayanne203

Beautiful transformation! We are in a similar boat. At my heaviest last year I weighed 184, and lost 27 lbs almost entirely by weightlifting.

I am 5'7" and 156 looking to get down to 135. Unfortunately I can't really lift due to gyms being closed so I am relegated to at home workout videos (mostly cardio) and walking. Trying to lose 0.5 lbs a week so trying to stay in the 1700-1900 calorie range. I kind of just started watching calories. When I was lifting I wasn't restricting food at all and the pounds just slid of by themselves.

Doing cardio alone, things are going much slower. I should probably get some hand weights and start incorporating some strength training.