glute side dents

13»

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Are Jews predisposed to running? Just curious.

Maybe walking...

har har har.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    In before this gets tossed into the abyss.

jon-popcorn.gif

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm a lean dancer. I don't have those dents (though I think they look fine).

Hip thrusts.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Hip thrusts.

But the real question is are you Black? :laugh:
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    ........Gain more fat and they will fill back in. If you are genetically prone to that, there is nothing you can do to "fill" them in besides fat gain because that's the shape of your muscle.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited November 2014
    randomtai wrote: »

Hip thrusts.

But the real question is are you Black? :laugh:

I must be! Because of my butt!!!

• HairMaiden
    HairMaiden Posts: 5 Member
    Wow I did not say that all black people have booties. I was saying that many white people will not understand what 'butt dents' even are because white girls usually have no problem with having a skinny *kitten* and skinny thighs, it is just a different cultural beauty standard. I got the information on butt dents from a weight lifting page that was made by and for black/latino women and since the beauty standards in these cultures are different, things like butt dents will be a topic more focused on because the beauty standard focuses more on big round butts. I wrote the most helpful reply to the poster who obviously is having self esteem issues about her glutes and all you people can do is send condescending emoticons and derail the topic..
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    HairMaiden wrote: »
    What exactly about my post do you girls not agree with? People hold more fat in different places due to genetics, the less fat you have on your butt the more you will have "butt dents". The less fat you have on your bicep, the more defined the muscle will be.

Has NOTHING to do with race...

It does though...

Race greatly drives the make up of your body down to the type of muscle fibers you're more likely to have (more likely, not that every person in the race will have that genetic trait). It even can be driven down into regional race (blacks in one country versus blacks in another country). Genetically dominate traits help drive what the culture as a whole views as more desirable.

The poster wasn't saying "all blacks are this way and all whites are this way." She was simply pointing out trends within cultures. I didn't see anything offensive or that said all people in one race are a certain way.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Wow, just know that there are some of us out there (me for one!) That thinks those dents are ultra sexy and am working towards getting some of my very own one day!

This.

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited December 2014
    What exactly about my post do you girls not agree with? People hold more fat in different places due to genetics, the less fat you have on your butt the more you will have "butt dents". The less fat you have on your bicep, the more defined the muscle will be.

I understand that everyone is going to be different based on genetics, etc. However I did not like the terminology used. That was my problem. I did not try to use emoticon's to derail the topic, I used them because I don't think that ANYONE regardless of what color they are should be classified by the size of their butt. Because I am white I am classified according to your post as "pancakey" and someone who is black is classified as "bubble butt" No thank you. Take your stereotypes elsewhere.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    white and proud of my bubble but and almost butt "dents"

lord- I'm ashamed I even typed that.... please please- let's not let this be the new thigh gap.
    -
    Seriously- Butt dents?

just squat it up people- and call it a fricking day.
  • BinaryPulsar
    terar21 wrote: »

It does though...

Race greatly drives the make up of your body down to the type of muscle fibers you're more likely to have (more likely, not that every person in the race will have that genetic trait). It even can be driven down into regional race (blacks in one country versus blacks in another country). Genetically dominate traits help drive what the culture as a whole views as more desirable.

The poster wasn't saying "all blacks are this way and all whites are this way." She was simply pointing out trends within cultures. I didn't see anything offensive or that said all people in one race are a certain way.

The difference between races is actually extremely minimal. Much less than people think. The difference between genders is the biggest variation in humans. All people originated from Africa to begin with. Changes to skin color were results of being in colder climates.

Africa is a huge continent. And there are black people on many other continents. So, variation within the continent of Africa, plus other continents. And at this point there is a lot more intermingling of genetics than we even know about from our immediate heritage.

Genetics are about a lot more than race.

Plus, some of what people may think is genetics may actually be a look that is culturally cultivated because it is valued as beautiful or some other desirable impression. Changing based on the current fashion.

So, there are many variables.
  • JoRocka
    wait- so what I think I hear you saying is that there are some variables at play??

is that right? did I read that properly? not sure- I'm only running on one cup today.
  • BinaryPulsar
    JoRocka wrote: »
    wait- so what I think I hear you saying is that there are some variables at play??

is that right? did I read that properly? not sure- I'm only running on one cup today.

So, in summary: variation blah blah, variation blah blah, variables.

• JoRocka
    I'd like to take an integral as well. .. is that an option?
  • BinaryPulsar
    I'd like to take an integral as well. .. is that an option?

Absolutely!

• JoRocka
    YES!!!
    sweet math gods above- I'm in nerd heaven!
  • BinaryPulsar
    YES!!!
    sweet math gods above- I'm in nerd heaven!

:smiley:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    terar21 wrote: »

It does though...

The difference between races is actually extremely minimal. Much less than people think. The difference between genders is the biggest variation in humans. All people originated from Africa to begin with. Changes to skin color were results of being in colder climates.

Africa is a huge continent. And there are black people on many other continents. So, variation within the continent of Africa, plus other continents. And at this point there is a lot more intermingling of genetics than we even know about from our immediate heritage.

Genetics are about a lot more than race.

Plus, some of what people may think is genetics may actually be a look that is culturally cultivated because it is valued as beautiful or some other desirable impression. Changing based on the current fashion.

So, there are many variables.

I heart you... all of this!!

And this:

I understand that everyone is going to be different based on genetics, etc. However I did not like the terminology used. That was my problem. I did not try to use emoticon's to derail the topic, I used them because I don't think that ANYONE regardless of what color they are should be classified by the size of their butt. Because I am white I am classified according to your post as "pancakey" and someone who is black is classified as "bubble butt" No thank you. Take your stereotypes elsewhere.

• alexa__
    alexa__ Posts: 1 Member
    This thread is super old but I would literally kill for this! I’m a really low body weight and don’t store fat in my butt naturally so I always thought I would get them if I just grew my glutes. But I’ve been working them out like crazy and have gained several inches around the hips but they’re still the exact same shape they were just bigger :( The bottom outer edge of my glutes go slightly up and in like a less extreme v and don’t stick out like yours. It makes your glutes look bigger and more defined imo.