September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    Okay, everyone who participated in the Virtual Marathon for @PastorVincent should have a message from me now with my email address so we can share photos, stories, and so on for an ebook for his wife Kristi. Please send me your random acts of kindness! Also your location so we can make a map showing all the different places people were running! And if you have a photo of yourself on your run, or a photo of where you ran, or anything else significant, please send it along. Plus any stories or thoughts you would like to include. The way my husband works on these ebooks is to start with a big pile of stuff and then trim it down until it makes sense, so don’t be shy, we want lots of material to work with.

If you don’t have a message from me, please let me know.

Got it - thank you!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    @rheddmobile Thanks so much to you and your DH! That's a lot of work. It will probably be over the weekend before I have time to send you anything. That's not too late, is it?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @rheddmobile Thanks so much to you and your DH! That's a lot of work. It will probably be over the weekend before I have time to send you anything. That's not too late, is it?

Absolutely not too late! I figure we will take a whole week getting stuff together and organizing it!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    September Goal: 26.2 miles during Boston Virtual Week for PastorVincent (Done!)

9/1 3.85
    9/2 off
    9/3 2.58 + snorkel 1 hour
    9/4 off
    9/5 3.31
    9/6 off
    9/7 5.83
    9/8 6.16
    9/9 2.60
    9/10 off
    9/11 7.46
    9/12 2.37
    9/13 2.48
    9/14 off
    9/15 3.86

Total 40.50

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

Big Island Challenge (virtually run 110 miles from Hilo to Kona by 9/27)

uxSIKHu.jpguxSIm10.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    @hanlonsk The smoke is awful, but sure is giving us some awesome pictures. They are even saying it may be hazy here (E. TN) due to the fires. Yikes! Hope your ankle stops being wonky soon.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @polskagirl01 There are apps & websites but the problem for Phoenix is the smoke isn't affecting the air quality so they say the AQI and PM are good/moderate. It's still hazey & smokey here but it's not affecting numbers. It has something to do with where the smoke is in the ozone. But it still affects "a very small amount of people that are unusually sensitive" (I guess I'm unusually sensitive lol) 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    9/1 – 7.02 miles
    9/2 – 5.03
    9/5 – 18.02
    9/6 – 8.13 (walk 1.78)
    9/7 – 6.13
    9/9 – 5.27
    9/10 – 5.54
    9/12 – 19.41
    9/14 – 5.34
    9/16 – 5.01
    Total – 86.76/Goal – 130 miles
    YTD – 1,145.89 miles

VM for @PastorVincent – Done!

It was nice out this morning – 54F at 6:00 am and only 92% humidity!

Hugs to @hanlonsk, @runsespresso, @shanaber and everyone dealing with the smoke from the fires. I can’t imagine trying to exercise outside in it.

I’m going to look that podcast up @polskagirl01. Thanks for the tip.

Glad you’re mom is on the mend @Scott6255 and that the girl is doing good @Skippygirlsmom!
  • kristinajeang
    kristinajeang Posts: 63 Member
    Just make sure you are taking it real easy. An extra rest day now is much better than getting set back several weeks if the ankle isn't ready. Says the person who ran several races once on a hurt quad because she had "already paid for them" and ended up not being able to run for over a month.

Definitely taking it slow! I plan on taking a rest day tomorrow and Friday to see how it reacts to the one mile, and if it is doing okay and continues getting better and better, I'll try again. If it hurts more tomorrow or Friday, I'll wait another week to gauge it. I'm also still working on my stretches and will make sure to stretch a little more tonight since I did do a short run/walk!