Help with exercise.

Good morning! I used to be a very active person before permanent nerve damage put an end to it. Now, I'm a mostly sedentary person who is trying to lose weight and get into better shape. Anything involving my right leg is extremely painful. Any suggestions on what I can do to at least get my heart rate up?

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Sorry you you're having to deal with that. It's great you're still wanting to push though! Great mind set!. How about getting a mobile pedal machine (For cycling while sitting) ? I have one to use when/ if my knees get too puffy from storms/ fronts. Even if you can't use it with your legs, they can be put on a table and used for cycling your arms.
    Another thing I recommend is a Total Gym Machine (If you can afford one or find one for a good price. I got mine for $30 used) It can be used 100% for upper body and core exercise when you want.
    Keep pushing! If you want any more friends I'm available. :)
  • CFFT2002
    CFFT2002 Posts: 37 Member
    have you tried some chair based excersizes ? Just looking around on You tube, there is a variety to choose from: yoga type, for seniors (you don't look old enough, but it could be a starting point on the journey) low impact stuff. All for free, just start with what you can do & do not measure yourself against the presenter. Slowly but surely is my motto. Good luck girl! <3
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    0svz677ejrwc.png
  • I would agree with the above comments about arm pedalling and chair exercises.
    In addition you could consider the lying down dumbbell exercises, if the position is comfortable for you...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    sgtgwn wrote: »
    Good morning! I used to be a very active person before permanent nerve damage put an end to it. Now, I'm a mostly sedentary person who is trying to lose weight and get into better shape. Anything involving my right leg is extremely painful. Any suggestions on what I can do to at least get my heart rate up?
    Have you had the right leg assessed by a sports orthopedist?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png