What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,363 Member
    edited September 2020
    Krispy Kreme is gross. No texture, way too much sweet.

Hershey's chocolate smells like vomit and looks like wax.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    pf1a7ai1qbum.jpg
    do you agree?

I'd raise the 100 Grand bar to post tertiary and lower the junior mints to second or third tier but I hate mint and I'm being generous there. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    The best part of cucumber tastes like the worst part of watermelon.

Then this might be triggering for you.
    cdz2ywg794tt.jpg

I thought it was fabulous, and bought two more bottles. One of my friends hated it, found it way too sour.

I think cucumber is one of the essentials, personally.
  • Theresamutz
    Theresamutz Posts: 1 Member
    I’ll kick it off: I think Girl Scout cookies taste disgusting.
    I think homemade versions of S.C. cookies are much tastier and healthier.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The best part of cucumber tastes like the worst part of watermelon.

Then this might be triggering for you.
    cdz2ywg794tt.jpg

I thought it was fabulous, and bought two more bottles. One of my friends hated it, found it way too sour.

I think cucumber is one of the essentials, personally.

I'd try that! I still eat cucumber (had some last night!) for micros but I just think it's a crappy tasting food lol
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Peppermint mocha is way better than pumpkin. So is gingerbread

Yes!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Plain m&ms are boring and not that good.

Agreed. But peanut M&Ms are good.

Peanut M&Ms are awful! So are the peanut butter ones and I love peanut butter.

M&M minis are BEST ( not that any are worth it to eat IMO)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Peanut butter imposture for sure!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited September 2020

I don't like the peanut butter ones. I don't like the peanut ones enough to buy them (and I am so not into Halloween candy that I've had the leftover ones -- the ones I like best, as that's what I bought -- since last Halloween and have never been tempted), but a coworker had the peanut ones (the only good ones) at her desk (for others to take) and if I started taking them I kept coming back, especially when there on the weekends, back in the day. NO issue with the regular, which suck.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

I don't like the peanut butter ones. I don't like the peanut ones enough to buy them (and I am so not into Halloween candy that I've had the leftover ones -- the ones I like best, as that's what I bought -- since last Halloween and have never been tempted), but a coworker had the peanut ones (the only good ones) at her desk (for others to take) and if I started taking them I kept coming back, especially when there on the weekends, back in the day. NO issue with the regular, which suck.

at my old office they ALWAYS had costco bags of peanut and peanut butter M & m's and I way overdid it... but the Mini's.... those are the best
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Peppermint mocha is way better than pumpkin. So is gingerbread

Agree 100%, I'd be hard-pressed to choose between peppermint/chocolate and peanut butter/chocolate!
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    If you're an adult, you should grow up and eat foods you don't love because of their nutritional value. Sure, have some treats but if you always eat for enjoyment, you're losing enjoyment in other areas of life.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    If you're an adult, you should grow up and eat foods you don't love because of their nutritional value. Sure, have some treats but if you always eat for enjoyment, you're losing enjoyment in other areas of life.

What if one actually enjoys plenty of highly nutritious foods, so one does not have to "eat foods you don't love" in order to have a good, nutrient-dense diet? I always find it weird when people suggest that eating a healthy diet requires not enjoying everything they eat. Personally, I love most veg, when properly cooked, fruit, and plenty of protein-rich foods, among other things, and I assume that's true for most of us adults.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Definitely disagree but that’s why you posted here. I would NEVER ever eat anything I don’t like or waste calories on things I don’t like. I can say I absolutely love 100% of my food or I would not eat it. I eat a lot of high nutritional value foods like zucchini, broccoli, radishes, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower, lettuce, veggies of all kinds, fruits etc because I crave them and think they taste wonderful.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Candy apples are gross and hard to eat. I have a small mouth and can’t eat apples unless they are cut up anyways lol.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Tilapia is nasty!

I know fishermen who refuse to eat tilapia. They find it in the nastiest, dirtiest water.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Donuts make me gag. Even just the smell of them when walking past a bakery makes my stomach turn.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Donuts make me gag. Even just the smell of them when walking past a bakery makes my stomach turn.

I quite like the smell, but doughnuts are never a thing I crave - haven't had the desire to eat one since being a kid...and even then, I never ate them then either lol!