Morbidly obese and taking no prisoners

Replies

• Jch4mb3rs
    Jch4mb3rs Posts: 67 Member
    sal10851 wrote: »
    People like you motivate me to continue on track. I hope you will continue your dedication and thanks for sharing your progress. I've lost 70 pounds but I still have another 60 to go so you're on the same boat as a lot of people and we sure can't let that boat sink!!!

Best way to not sink is to keep losing! lol, you got this!!

Today was day one of C25K week 3! I think this is a great example that even tho it doesn't seem it...I'm clearly becoming more fit! I can remember doing week one twice in a row because I had to sit out a running session..now I'm doing 3 minute runs! Absolutely awesome!!!

ilch8k4cawvc.jpg
  • Jch4mb3rs
    amart4224 wrote: »
    That hiking post was just what I needed to see! I went back to a trail last week that I had tried 6 months ago and couldn't get to the waterfall that I really wanted to see. Still couldn't get to the waterfall, but it was noticeably easier than the last time. I just have to keep at it and one day I will be victorious and get my waterfall view.

Also, I was out driving the other day and saw a guy out in his driveway swinging this big metal thing around and I went "hey, he's mace training just like that guy on MFP!" So thanks for expanding my horizons there as well 😁

This post just brings such a big smile to my face!! I'm so surprised to see that the things I'm doing on my little corner of the internet are actually being thought about and absorbed by others!

Just keep working at it! You will get that waterfall view and it will feel.sooooo good when you finally make it! I got faith in you!

Was a difficult run today! But I completed it. Even tho there where hobos getting drunk on the trail loop I just kept at it lol. One more day of week 3 and then it's on to week 4......and I'm intimidated! 16 minutes of combined jogging when so far it's only been combined jogging time of 9 minutes so far......

3ww8v5vuiu77.jpg
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    First, 👊🏼👏🏼

My biggest suggestion is to try to not focus on results, learn to love the lifestyle change, hold onto how you feel eating whole food and even that sense of accomplishment for making a good choice and find an activity you enjoy. Your workout could be Pokemon Go, it doesn't have to be a treadmill. If you enjoy your "workout", you'll look forward to it and you'll be consistent. If you enjoy your diet, you'll stick to it. If you do the right things, the results WILL happen.
  • Jch4mb3rs
    Going to do some light hiking and trail running today! Tomorrow is another weigh in day and the last day of week 3 for the C25K! Tomorrow is also progress picture day.
  • Jch4mb3rs
    edited September 2020
    Decided to some light trail running on an actual hiking trail as opposed to the well groomed walking trail I'm training for C25K on. Was looking forward to more technical terrain (rocks, roots, tight spaces etc.)

What's funny to me is that I was literally in the middle of thinking about an article on trail running I had read a week ago where it cautioned that you WILL fall at some point.....AAAAND I fell over a rock in the middle of that thought lol. Hurt like hell! But I peter griffined my leg for a minute and continued on...felt way worse than it looks.

0ujq2fj2az7z.jpg

pau9x2dphbni.jpg

• IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Good stuff man, keep going.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Sounds like you're doing awesome, Josh! Keep up the great work. Feel free to reach out if you need any more friends on here :)
  • Otterlover81
    Otterlover81 Posts: 25 Member
    Wow! Great journey so far! Very inspiring and encouraging! I will be checking in from time to time to see how you're doing, to re-motivate myself, and to cheer you on! Keep up the amazing work!
  • Jch4mb3rs
    Thanks for all the kind words guys! It's my understanding that my brooks running shoes are kinda a middle of the road type shoe! I'm definitely going to invest in trail running shoes at some point but it's too early for that.

Luckily it wasnt an issue of a grip and more an issue of me not picking my feet up high enough lol
  • kajaet
    kajaet Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for all the kind words guys! It's my understanding that my brooks running shoes are kinda a middle of the road type shoe! I'm definitely going to invest in trail running shoes at some point but it's too early for that.

Luckily it wasnt an issue of a grip and more an issue of me not picking my feet up high enough lol

I just started following this so I read all 5 pages today and you are an inspiration. Also i'm sorry you fell down but I would like to point out that your legs look noticeably stronger and in better shape than they did in your video on August 11.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    You're definitely kicking butt!
  • Jch4mb3rs
    This was a long weekend work wise for me and it has had my sciatica really flaring up pretty bad, but today was day one of week 4 for C25K and I got that work in anyway! This week I was honestly convinced that being told to do 5 minute running sessions that this would be my wall....no way was I going to do it! Well I did it! And I even hit a pace, or groove or something where I was just listening to the sound of my shoes on the gravel and I was comfortable. The last 5 minute session ended and I was so surprised by how good I was feeling that I just kept running for a little while longer.

I cannot believe that the guy that struggled to finish 60 second sessions on week one is finishing 5 minute sessions now.

wwl35wdc7yb6.jpg

971xqy4xk50m.jpg

• Keep up the great work. I started at 408 doing Keto in Oct 2018 and in February 2020 I was 222. COVID thru me off track and I gained to 280, but now back down to 265 and still dropping. You can do it.

Can you explain example of meal plans you we’re doing . That’s amazing.