Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💙👋💚🙋💜
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Vicki - I'm sorry the hives are back!

The VA is moving slowly getting those meds to me. Hopefully tomorrow.

Lisa
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 838 Member
    Yikes! We are up to page 51, and I just finished reading page 46....So some comments now, while everything is "fresh!" (like that makes a difference....)
    Pip, I can't believe how much damage your poor Bette has incurred while it's being stored! I'm so very glad that her new owners have a safer place to keep her, also glad that you were able to sell her to nice people who will love her as much as you and Kirby did.
    Machka, Smudge was a beautiful kitty! If someone, other than family and other than specific holiday, was coming over for dinner they might get one of the following:
    1. Quiche with bacon or ham, veggies and cheese, probably fruit platter on the side (that would be store bought) or
    2. BBQ, either burgers and smokies or, if they were really special, pork chops! The burgers etc would get potato salad, coleslaw (maybe) and veggie platter as sides, chops would get mashed potatoes and veg of some sort, probably broccoli, cauliflower and carrots or
    3. a roast of some sort, beef, chicken or ham with mashed and veg.
    Dessert would most likely be brownies or nanaimo bars, or for a larger crowd, both or one of them with rice krispy squares. Once in a very blue moon, apple pie, which I love but hubby does not, so don't make it often.
    Heather, the stainless fridge looks lovely!
    Annie, your day with Stephen sounded like a very pleasant way to spend the day!
    My deepest sympathies to those having to deal with heavy smoke and nearby fires. We have no fires, but we are sure getting the smoke from the western States, incredible how far it can travel!
    I have spent my day sort of relaxing, but trying to get a few things tidied up. I see a time in the not too distant future where wearing masks will be mandatory pretty much everywhere I go, so I have been trying to make a few of them. I have two patterns, both of which I like, but both of which need tweaking to fit me properly. I think I've got one figured out and it's the easier of the two to make, so woohoo! I know I can buy fabric masks on pretty much every street corner now, but I have more fabric than I know what to do with, so what the heck, might as well have some fun! It's also amusing to see the looks on some people's faces when I put on the "Minions" or Tweety Pie! lol
    Off to see what else I can finish up today!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Pip- is there any recourse to find out who might have caused all that damage? Thats appalling....i sure hope it can get rectified..
    Going to bed early.. had a nice day with the pups...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Stat for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- Apple Watch only, 1hr 31min, 4sec, 14.8amph,, 2073 elev, 22.45mi= 726c
    Strava app= 629c
  • pipcd34
    Pip- is there any recourse to find out who might have caused all that damage? Thats appalling....i sure hope it can get rectified..
    Going to bed early.. had a nice day with the pups...

Yes, we got his name address phone#, called him, he fessed up
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Barbara – don’t fall over, but no formal exercise today. I did work and usually in the 4 hours I can get over 5,000 steps. When I got home the weather was beautiful. Not hot, not humid so I suggested to Vince that we dig and put down some of the rocks, so that’s what we did. We never imagined that digging the culvert on one side of the driveway would be so involved

The plan for tomorrow is to do an Advanced Strength DVD. Now that one I know I’ll do.

Debbie – my big coffee pot has tiny holes in the basket, but I still use a filter because the coffee grounds are so small.

After work bought a gallon of milk. When I made the yogurt yesterday, the bag fell over and half of the yogurt went into the sink. Fortunately, it was in the sink and not the counter. So I have another batch of yogurt in the IP now. When I take it out, I think I’ll put it in two bags to, at least initially, drain.

M
    – peeps are marshmallow with sugar on the outside. They’re usually in shapes of like snowmen, pumpkins, santas, etc. Not good for you at all, but so good tasting.

Barbara – what are “the cookies men love”?

Katla – I wonder how many people are “out of the habit” of doing some things. Like going to the gym, going to church, etc.

Lisa – glad the doc is taking forward steps

After working outside went to Aldi. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe after dinner I’ll go to WalMart

Mother’s Day/Father’s Day – we really don’t celebrate. Vince hates to even go out to eat on those days

I bought a pair of Skechers mainly because I needed black shoes. After 3 hours did they ever hurt my feet! Fortunately, Kohls took them back. So I just bought a pair of Ryka sneakers in black. Work well.

Bananas
    – when I make coffee, I have to follow the directions *to the letter*. Even then, I have to ask the coffee drinker if it’s OK

Pip –never in a million years would I have thought there was that much damage to Betty. So glad things worked out for you

Went to WalMart. In the meantime Denise called and asked Vince if I would mind if we watched PJ Sat. while she went out with her friends. Vince just told her “you mom will be ecstatic” which I am. Vince told her “you mom has a bit of experience with young children running around” “yea, but that was 30 years ago”. It’s not like kids run any less. Oh, I am so happy.

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    @Pip: I have a Honda CRV but it is a 2008 and paint peeling off. Has 110,000 miles on it and never had problems with it. Plan on getting another when I’m ready to trade. I love the style.

I am going to ask admins to change the done word to exit on the top of community page! I had a huge post and hit “Done” instead of below the keyboard and “save post”! Done that more than once!! What do you all think?

I’m sad I have to toss my favorite pair of sandals (DAWGS). So worn out that they make my back hurt. On good side, it is Fall and time for shoes.

Pics of crane, cats I’m caring for, and Pecos Sunflowers from this morning.

RV Rita

RV Rita

There’s nothing in the spoiler, Rita 😂
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Peeps are one one my favorites! Hopefully they are only cancelling the halloween ones? This situation is getting serious!

Pip-I have a CRV and love it. I owned an older RAV which I liked, and we also had a Toyota Highlander. I find the CVR is a good size for me. The height fits me well for getting in and out--sedans don't work with my body as well any more!

Tracye-hopefully someone can get through to your boss. It does sound like she may have some issues.

Got to FaceTime with DIL for a few minutes today. She is getting ready for full hysterectomy next Monday. They are planning the robotic approach. Hopefully recovery won't be too bad. Feel bad I won't be there to help them, but we decided it is not worth the risk of the air travel, etc., at this point. They are wondering if I will make it out for Christmas this year-am waiting on seeing how things look later in the year.

Back from the ladies' group. Going in to read early tonight. Have busy work day tomorrow and food pantry tomorrow night so will be a long day.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbara – don’t fall over, but no formal exercise today. I did work and usually in the 4 hours I can get over 5,000 steps. When I got home the weather was beautiful. Not hot, not humid so I suggested to Vince that we dig and put down some of the rocks, so that’s what we did. We never imagined that digging the culvert on one side of the driveway would be so involved

The plan for tomorrow is to do an Advanced Strength DVD. Now that one I know I’ll do.

Debbie – my big coffee pot has tiny holes in the basket, but I still use a filter because the coffee grounds are so small.

After work bought a gallon of milk. When I made the yogurt yesterday, the bag fell over and half of the yogurt went into the sink. Fortunately, it was in the sink and not the counter. So I have another batch of yogurt in the IP now. When I take it out, I think I’ll put it in two bags to, at least initially, drain.

M
    – peeps are marshmallow with sugar on the outside. They’re usually in shapes of like snowmen, pumpkins, santas, etc. Not good for you at all, but so good tasting.

Katla – I wonder how many people are “out of the habit” of doing some things. Like going to the gym, going to church, etc.

After working outside went to Aldi. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe after dinner I’ll go to WalMart

Mother’s Day/Father’s Day – we really don’t celebrate. Vince hates to even go out to eat on those days

I bought a pair of Skechers mainly because I needed black shoes. After 3 hours did they ever hurt my feet! Fortunately, Kohls took them back. So I just bought a pair of Ryka sneakers in black. Work well.

Bananas
    – when I make coffee, I have to follow the directions *to the letter*. Even then, I have to ask the coffee drinker if it’s OK

Pip –never in a million years would I have thought there was that much damage to Betty. So glad things worked out for you

Went to WalMart. In the meantime Denise called and asked Vince if I would mind if we watched PJ Sat. while she went out with her friends. Vince just told her “you mom will be ecstatic” which I am. Vince told her “you mom has a bit of experience with young children running around” “yea, but that was 30 years ago”. It’s not like kids run any less. Oh, I am so happy.

Michele NC

Oh I did. I knew it had to b more because on the last hit 3 panels were damaged and that was 10k, this time 4 panels were damaged and it wad where the windows had to be removed and put back. Kirbys guess was 14, mine was 14500.00 so I was closer.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Ginny – I read in the paper that they are cancelling the Halloween, Christmas and Valentine’s Day peeps to make way for Easter. Yes, I agree, this IS getting serious

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    Rebecca - we start it up and run it for half an hour every 10 days or so. Even so, the battery has died twice. Luckily we have extended warranty. Last week the guy came out to start it and DH took it for a run. This week he has driven to cricket and is driving to see his daughters tomorrow. I would much prefer a small dual or electric car. I haven't driven it for 2 years. Don't cover it. People don't around here.

I walked up to our tiny supermarket this afternoon while the cleaner was here. Bought the minimum as we are having a big delivery on Friday and changing the fridge freezer on Monday. :o I will put freezer blocks in so as we can keep the fridge stuff cool in our coolbox overnight on Sunday to defrost the freezer. I only ordered a delivery as I thought the fridge would take a month to arrive. :o I'm sure it will all work out in the end. :)

I wanted something extra for Edie to go with her guinea pig pyjamas for her birthday present. Had a brainwave today and ordered pom pom makers and assorted yarn. Should be fun! I hope they will come over Friday 25th for a tea and I can give her a distanced present. Working with my son on that idea. I can see sausages, bacon and brioche rolls. Followed by something that can support a fountain candle. :D Hope it works out. We are still very much socially distancing.

I am seeing my friend Gwendolen next Tuesday. She is coming by train. I hope to eat in an almost empty restaurant, by the open door. She has had the virus. :)

DH driving to see his daughters tomorrow in the garden of a pub about 20 miles away. His elder daughter is moving to France soon. I am staying at home. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Nice. When we had our rv parked in a field across from our apartment complex in Hammond OR, it finally died, so the steps wouldn't open anymore to get up in it! Sounds like you care for yours very well.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Rebecca thanks for reminder. I have to start up and move son's car today. We do want to sell it. It a 2009 Malibu hybrid. DH did get title transferred. Neighbors behind him sometimes have up to six cars so it is not always easy to get it in and out of the garage. Body not in perfect condition either. It did have a new engine put in at 60,000. I am letting DH handle it. I will start it up to keep batteries charged because I am over there more than he is.

👍💖! When we would start our rv, when it was in the field in OR, husband let me drive it around the block. I didn't even have my license yet. I was like giggling, driving this 28 ft. Winnebago, hum de dum! Thank goodness I was on the road maybe 5 minutes!
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: I’m sorry your sister has gout. My mom had gout and it made her miserable. She had one toe that seemed to be affected the most. I am sorry your sister is facing the problem. My take away from mom’s situation is that gout is a form of arthritis. It caused severe joint swelling, pain and stiffness. Mom had narrow feet and it was a challenge to find shoes that were narrow enough to keep from rubbing her heels and loose enough to avoid irritating her toes. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Customs vary, but you are a mother and deserve to be honored on Mother’s Day. I get Mother’s Day calls &/or cards from each of my adult children. DH usually takes me out for a nice meal. We honor our daughter and daughter in law on Mother’s Day, & since they each made grandchildren for our hearts, I am happy to send them cards and flowers. I call to chat with each of them. DH usually takes me out for dinner or cooks something special at home. When my mom was alive we always went to see her on Mother’s Day. DH’s mom was 400 miles farther away and she got a card & phone call. :star:

AQI (air quality index) is 239 right now. Inside is a good place to be. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Yep, I am sorry too. She's had such a rough life these days.
    💖Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    exermom wrote: »

M

Bananas

Michele NC

I hate peeps when their fresh but like them when they are stale or even better, toasted!! I buy them after the holiday just so I can toast them. Don't have a fireplace so I actually toast them over my electric stove burner(same with regular marshmellows)- have to be golden brown, not burnt.
  • pipcd34
    Today is our 24th daywemet anniversary. Time goes by quick. Easy to remember when we got the new car. Today!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon.gif