September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    Here is the site I use to track air quality. It tracks ozone levels as well as particulate matter. I start having issues when we get into the 'Unhealthy for Sensitive Individuals' and when it gets up into the next level I can't breathe and I cough.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Here is the site I use to track air quality. It tracks ozone levels as well as particulate matter. I start having issues when we get into the 'Unhealthy for Sensitive Individuals' and when it gets up into the next level I can't breathe and I cough.

Take it easy out there!
  • hamsterwheel6
    My fingers slipped on my keyboard and I accidentally signed up for another challenge.

Do tell! Lol
  • hamsterwheel6
    Hugs and likes and prayers to everyone. Love this group!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    My fingers slipped on my keyboard and I accidentally signed up for another challenge.
    Hahaha I hate it when that happens. What did you sign up for?

@hamsterwheel6 That an excellent time. I would count it, but that's just me. Glad your hamstring isn't complaining too much. Be careful to not overdo so you can run your real race in two weeks at a good pace.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Hahaha I hate it when that happens. What did you sign up for?

@hamsterwheel6 That an excellent time. I would count it, but that's just me. Glad your hamstring isn't complaining too much. Be careful to not overdo so you can run your real race in two weeks at a good pace.

Thanks a! I was a actually quite surprised at my time. But of course you are so right! I must not overdo it. Need to rest up the hamstring more I think.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Mini Race Report
    Dunder Mifflin Running Team virtual 5K
    k5wax4w2mchc.jpg
    I had just gotten my swag and wanted to run this. But. Hamstring. Decided to try anyway. Temp was perfect running 60F.
    Did 1 mile warm up.
    Then reset watch and started out. Felt good, and first mile was 9:02! OK maybe I can do this get a PR. Hamstring was holding up. 2nd mile 9:02! Lol what are the chances?
    Then the hamstring started complaining. I was so close. I decided to stop and stretch and took of again. Had to do this 3 times to complete. The last 1.1 mile was 8:37! Whoa. But that included me stopping the watch for those stretches. So should I use that time or does it not count?
    27:32 is certainly a PR. If I hadn't stopped the watch maybe add 1.5 min. So 29 ish which is still great.
    Walked /ran 1.5 mile back.
    So it went well as I could hope for but I'm paying for it as hamstring still complaining. At least I know I can go 2-3 miles fast lol. I'm more concerned about my real race in 2 weeks. We shall see I guess.
    Don't do what I do though!
    The guidance Strava gives on whether stopping counts is that really for a race you should do it without pauses, but as long as there are no awards given, it’s up to you. Great time either way!
  • rheddmobile
    Mari33a wrote: »
    9/09 2.35 miles
    10/09 2.35 miles
    12/09 2.33 miles
    16/09 2.38 miles

Total 9.41 of 26.2 miles for PastorVincent memorial challenge

I never did get you and @Camaramandy648 ‘s team name reset! But congrats on your team finishing the challenge together!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Mini Race Report
    k5wax4w2mchc.jpg
    I had just gotten my swag and wanted to run this. But. Hamstring. Decided to try anyway. Temp was perfect running 60F.
    Did 1 mile warm up.
    Then reset watch and started out. Felt good, and first mile was 9:02! OK maybe I can do this get a PR. Hamstring was holding up. 2nd mile 9:02! Lol what are the chances?
    Then the hamstring started complaining. I was so close. I decided to stop and stretch and took of again. Had to do this 3 times to complete. The last 1.1 mile was 8:37! Whoa. But that included me stopping the watch for those stretches. So should I use that time or does it not count?
    27:32 is certainly a PR. If I hadn't stopped the watch maybe add 1.5 min. So 29 ish which is still great.
    So it went well as I could hope for but I'm paying for it as hamstring still complaining. At least I know I can go 2-3 miles fast lol. I'm more concerned about my real race in 2 weeks. We shall see I guess.
    The guidance Strava gives on whether stopping counts is that really for a race you should do it without pauses, but as long as there are no awards given, it’s up to you. Great time either way!

Yeah I know in a real race the pauses would be added to the time if I had them. Nope no awards haha. Just me!
    If it weren’t for the hamstring , I would have completed it with a decent time for me anyway! I’m pretty happy with it either way! Thanks 😎
  • rheddmobile
    Mini Race Report
    k5wax4w2mchc.jpg
    Did 1 mile warm up.

Yeah I know in a real race the pauses would be added to the time if I had them. Nope no awards haha. Just me!
    If it weren’t for the hamstring , I would have completed it with a decent time for me anyway! I’m pretty happy with it either way! Thanks 😎

It definitely sounds like you can do 9 minute pace pretty solidly, so I’m guessing your time would have been close to what you ended up with even without pausing!
  • rheddmobile
    Hey, everyone - not a lot of time to post right now. Short version: had to get a covid year today because I did some MSHA and lift training for three guys last week who also tested positive last week. I’m not sick. I have no symptoms. I wish i had found out sooner than today, over a week later. I also wish I hadn’t had to deduce it myself. Somebody should have informed me. Wth. Seriously.

The other thing is:

Kristi would like to run the marathon for Vincent. I told her that I believe as a group, the answer would be a resounding YES.

@rheddmobile would it be possible for you to email me the link so I can send it to her?

Love you all. Guess i will do some lifting and pull ups and stuff tomorrow. Maybe run around the house. Needed to focus more on lifting anyway - I need quads and hammies of steel if i am going to run 100 miles. God, please don’t let me get sick and please don’t let me have transferred it to anyone.

Love you all. Hope this turns out okay. Maybe I’m negative. I probably am, right?

Praying for you! Hopefully you will be fine, even though it can take two weeks, average time to onset of symptoms is five days. @Scott6255 had it and was asymptomatic.

I sent you the link for Kristi. Awesome! Let me know if there is anything special she needs set up.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    September Goal: 26.2 miles during Boston Virtual Week for PastorVincent (Done!)

9/1 3.85
    9/2 off
    9/3 2.58 + snorkel 1 hour
    9/4 off
    9/5 3.31
    9/6 off
    9/7 5.83
    9/8 6.16
    9/9 2.60
    9/10 off
    9/11 7.46
    9/12 2.37
    9/13 2.48
    9/14 off
    9/15 3.86
    9/16 2.52

Total 43.02
    Sending good thoughts @scott6255 @Camaramandy648 @skippygirlsmom and skip, @kgirlhart and @juliet3455 -so nice to "see" you.
    @Camaramandy648 prayers in solidarity- we are having a huge surge in cases, and I am now being tested daily. I'm sure my raspy throat is psychosomatic.....which makes me also hope that @Avidkeo is ok since we haven't heard from her for awhile.
    @rheddmobile : I saw and accepted your friend request but have not received any address to send pics to. (but I am also getting lots of MFP error notices "sorry, we could not complete your request)...

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

Big Island Challenge (virtually run 110 miles from Hilo to Kona by 9/27)

uxSIKHu.jpguxSIm10.png
  • rheddmobile
    @HonuNui Message re-sent, hopefully this time you get it! Let me know!

@ContraryMaryMary how disappointing! I still would rather live where you are and have a government that’s overcautious, than where I am, with hundreds of new cases in a small area every day and parents protesting outside City Hall because the kids can’t play full contact football for a couple of weeks due to a dozen cases on the actual football team.