What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    cauliflower rice cooked with my garden pesto, tomato(also from garden) stewed chicken and red leaf salad with avocados and dijon mustard dressing.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member

MiNinaLisa wrote: »

what's a butterkin?

A squash. Aparently a mix between butternut and regular pumpkin.

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    A colleague came to dinner. Bagna cauda to start, duck prosciutto carbonara as a main (guest is a non practicing Muslim) and bitterkoekes (=dutch amaretti) dipped in Amaretto made with the leftover egg whites from the carbonara. This is a three course Italian meal where total cooking time is 45 minutes plus washing and chopping up veggies for the crudites for dipping into bagna cauda.
    zuael2x3upsx.jpeg
    7q3mzof1q1l2.jpeg
    j436b8qjps1c.jpeg
  • Filet mingnon and seafood stuffed portobello mushrooms
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    London Broil Caesar Salad
    119735081_3236452589736942_2360037954613975436_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=k8BBvsl_iBUAX8jlJ_l&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=9879bde300a3b942d0f7dd41378b7126&oe=5F8CF34E
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I bought myself a Cuisinart indoor grill a year ago. It lets you pick your category (chicken, pork, meat, fish) and it alerts you to the doneness. I use it almost every day. It was a bit pricey, but when I break down the cost per use, it was really cheap. And the non-stick panels go into the dishwasher. It beats getting the grill up all the time.
    That sounds like something I should look into.

• rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    I love breakfast, & I often make it my biggest meal of the day. Yesterday was Saturday, so we did it up in grand style. I had turkey sausage links, softly scrambled eggs, Velveeta cheese, shredded mild cheddar cheese, & apple slices. I ate more yesterday than I usually but with my walk, I stayed under my calorie limit. By 2 calories!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Whole wheat pasta w mixed mushrooms.lw3bp3uqmtx5.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Gnocchi w tomato sauce and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.8jpa2k52de5l.jpg
  • sderinger213
    sderinger213 Posts: 3 Member
    Last night, I made a baked coconut-crusted cod fillet over salad. I used almond flour, gluten-free panko, and unsweetened coconut to lightly coat it. It was superb. (I also added a little cayenne pepper to give it a kick.)
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    I spent some time meal prepping yesterday. Made a bean chilli on the stove, and a chickpea curry in the slow cooker. Ended up with 8 portions of each. Would show a pic of my little stack of food filled boxes, but, as the app says, "this image failed to upload".

• brankaabbada
    brankaabbada Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2020
    baio9pvt0fyc.jpg
    Just finis cooking my lunch for tomorrow,dont have name for it ,just bunch of vegetables I found in fridge,half tin of tuna and 2 eggs, half is only 200 calories 😋.It will be served with simple letuce,cucumber and tomato salad.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with lentils.evtl4u7kdpni.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Zucchine stuffed with rice, and mozzarella.52qbw1elss7k.jpg
    pi6gbl9nxcjn.jpg
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Yesterday I made Cola Chicken served over rice, and steamed carrots with the addition of a sweet red wine.

Cola Chicken you ask? Very easy recipe...

4 chicken breasts
    1 cup of salsa (0r catsup)
    12 oz. of diet cola

Place chicken in non-stick pot. pour salsa and cola over the chicken. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
    Cook for 30-45 minutes. Uncover and turn heat up and cook until sauce thickens and adheres to chicken.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w pinto beans--Pasta Fagioli.mkhpvapuc3s9.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Tagliata di manzo (made with retired dairy cow sirloin) and a side of roast potato.
    fnblf6f2dcwa.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Risotto w scampi cream.i9ppaf0tdz57.jpg