The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Just turned 55 and on my way to being in the best shape of my life. :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    007Pedro wrote: »
    Why does it have to take so long to recover from throat surgery when you're older? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
    Good news I don't have to talk to anyone. 🤣😝

Yikes I'd think that takes awhile at any age. Hope you're feeling better
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Good morning, turning 44 in six weeks gulp
  • rojodiablotx2020
    rojodiablotx2020 Posts: 15 Member
    barreling toward 50. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • LloydSev
    LloydSev Posts: 41 Member
    38 here. Feel free to add me, I'd love more interaction on MFP to keep me loading this site up through out the day.
  • AliNouveau
    Welcome all new middle agers!!

It's a new season for us...whether you're in the northern hemisphere and it's the glorious autumn season or the southern and it's spring. What are you looking forward to for this upcoming season
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »

It's a new season for us...whether you're in the northern hemisphere and it's the glorious autumn season or the southern and it's spring. What are you looking forward to for this upcoming season

Planning some fall camping and fishing. Stupid work keeps interfering with plans for fun activities! AARRGGHH! Hoping the fires die down and the smoke clears out soon.
  • WebSpherian
    WebSpherian Posts: 3 Member
    50 and counting! Feel free to add me :-)
  • 35 here, used MFP off and on for years, as the age climbs my weightloss journey fails again and again and the weight climbs. Feel free to add me.
  • tippera
    tippera Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all! I am on a journey to loose about 50 pounds right now but honestly I just want to be healthier, feel stronger, and have more endurance to run around after my toddler. I enjoy doing HIIT exercises, fitness gaming (like beat saber, etc), and hiking. Feel free to add me!
  • AliNouveau

Planning some fall camping and fishing. Stupid work keeps interfering with plans for fun activities! AARRGGHH! Hoping the fires die down and the smoke clears out soon.

Oh no stay safe with this fires. It's crazy. I've friends in Portland and they've been posting on Facebook that their air filters for their house can't keep up with the smokey air. We did a drive up the coast last year, it's sad to think some of the stuff we saw could be gone
  • AliNouveau

Cidermills, doughnuts, cider, pumpkin 🎃 and cozy fireplace with that special someone😉❤🖤

I was thinking I might make donuts this weekend haha
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,131 Member

Oh no stay safe with this fires. It's crazy. I've friends in Portland and they've been posting on Facebook that their air filters for their house can't keep up with the smokey air. We did a drive up the coast last year, it's sad to think some of the stuff we saw could be gone

If you were close to the coast, most of that will be fine. Three of my favorite rivers have suffered dearly; North Santiam, McKenzie, and North Umpqua. Fires usually don't burn everything in sight to the ground. Some trees are fire-adapted, and if the fire doesn't crown out, they can often survive. Some trees actually need fire to open their cones, then the seeds have a mineral soil seed bed to get started.

But then I think about the Biscuit Fire 18 years ago, and it left devastation in its wake. Not much left alive. Finally some manzanita is growing back. It was an awful combination of weather and environmental conditions that let these fires grow so fast. Now we have to wonder what damage the winter rains will bring.

I put on a respirator a week ago and went for a short walk. This is what it looked like:

My street mid-day:
    qgtuw2aa7a8t.jpg

The boat ramp at the river:
    wjysrwhnryy6.jpg

The Masonic cemetery:
    a53qpwplm0fm.jpg

Staring directly at the sun mid-day:
    d1cfe0dabuc8.jpg

ash on a leaf
    s0r24brxaxmg.jpg

Yesterday after work, I looked outside and could see more than a quarter mile. I opened the door, and I could smell grass! It smelled like brown grass, but it didn't smell like acrid smoke. I could smell the first smells of autumn leaves. A couple neighbors went out by the field and celebrated a brief moment of good air. It had got really bad again in the afternoon as smoke from California blew in. After about an hour, we started to smell smoke again. We had opened windows for an hour to get a little fresh air and let the stuffiness out. It was a good break and a reminder that things will get better.

On the other end of the country, people are underwater.

Stay safe out there!
  • AliNouveau

Cidermills, doughnuts, cider, pumpkin 🎃 and cozy fireplace with that special someone😉❤🖤

I was thinking I might make donuts this weekend haha

I'm jealous 😫 I need to blend my doughnuts to eat them right now 🤣

What kind are you making?

I haven't decided but we'll be seeing our teenage nephews so I'm thinking I'll just make a lot! 🤣😂🤣😂
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    @mtaratoot - those pictures😳😔

Glad there is some light at the end of the tunnel, with your situation. So many things going on in the US, weather-wise and other issues. Hope things getter better soon for you guys❤️