What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    i2c6d821lomq.jpeg

Black Bean Bake and salad.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    The blow torch is my newest kitchen gadget. I actually bought it to use with the wok to try replicate Chinese restaurant dishes that are wokked at higher temperatures than domestic burners get.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/dining/stir-fry-recipe-wok-hei.html
    But useful for other stuff too.
    7nvjcw93yflz.jpeg
    vb4ydxuolv8z.jpeg

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    The blow torch is my newest kitchen gadget. I actually bought it to use with the wok to try replicate Chinese restaurant dishes that are wokked at higher temperatures than domestic burners get.
    7nvjcw93yflz.jpeg
    vb4ydxuolv8z.jpeg

@acpgee - viva le blow torch!!! 😉 Mine actually comes in quite handy. Bought it for creme brûlée and it’s made it’s way into the favorite gadget drawer ☺️
  • Safari_Gal_
    edited September 2020
    Not the greatest photo - but it was tasty!

Roast lamb shoulder with rosemary & balsamic mint & blueberry compote. A side of broiled rutabega, parsnips and turnips w/ herbs and sea salt .. or as I call them - potato pretenders 🤓

wzbtokdq34au.jpeg
  • tushitatravellogue
    tushitatravellogue Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2020
    jc8zulfy9byj.jpeg

Quinoa, lentils with greens and veggies and stir fried cabbage with coconut ..
  • acpgee

@acpgee - viva le blow torch!!! 😉 Mine actually comes in quite handy. Bought it for creme brûlée and it’s made it’s way into the favorite gadget drawer ☺️

Have a look at those "wok hei" articles in NYT and Serious Eats. The blow torch is a good way to approximate those smokey wok dishes you get in restaurants but can't replicate at home because your domestic burner doesn't get hot enough to cause flare ups. The blow torch gives you a controlled way to get flare ups in your wok. Of the torched wokked vegetable dishes I've tried so far, sauteed mushrooms were the most amazing.

I saw a cooking program where they dipped lacklustre fruit into sugar and blow torched to give a caramel coating. Need to try that on fruit that needs a lift.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    zflk27vl5gkd.jpeg

Roasted Brussels and Dijon ‘Aioli’ (Skyr, Dijon and a pinch of garlic)
  • acpgee
    Stir fried chicken breast with sugar snaps and carrots, cucumber salad with black sesame dressing, rice.
    blm81whx5kxn.jpeg
  • Safari_Gal_

Have a look at those "wok hei" articles in NYT and Serious Eats. The blow torch is a good way to approximate those smokey wok dishes you get in restaurants but can't replicate at home because your domestic burner doesn't get hot enough to cause flare ups. The blow torch gives you a controlled way to get flare ups in your wok. Of the torched wokked vegetable dishes I've tried so far, sauteed mushrooms were the most amazing.

I saw a cooking program where they dipped lacklustre fruit into sugar and blow torched to give a caramel coating. Need to try that on fruit that needs a lift.

@acpgee 😯- it’s a whole new world of flambè lol
    I love roasted pears. I’m going to go read it now!
  • acpgee
    Dinner out at Smoke Stak https://smokestak.co.uk/food-menu
    guduf6qq6ucj.jpeg
    tpbyfq8edfym.jpeg
    78vnbpv7bhz9.jpeg
    4y8hsd9ewpdk.jpeg
  • Miss_Missy_Bee
    Miss_Missy_Bee Posts: 28 Member
    7t14btdi66yw.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Spaghetti with scampi.a5t48trxzn6o.jpg
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Welcome back, awesome pictures as usual.
  • snowflake954
    vaman wrote: »
    Welcome back, awesome pictures as usual.

I don't know if you're talking to me--there are lots of excellent posters, but if it's me, I'll say thanks! I enjoy cooking and was at the beach for the summer. Mid September I'm always back.
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    i9noz46dmyk1.jpg

No, its not mine photo. BUT this is some of what I eat.... :smile:
  • acpgee
    Lobster and prawn seafood boil at the new Caribbean cafe near the flat.
    1ay1hs06tmyb.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Whole wheat pasta w mixed mushrooms.cmtvzzbq4zf5.jpg