Gym or home gym.

has anyone gone back gym or training at home?

Replies

• SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I went back to the gym the minute they opened it. But a trainer came round my house when the gyms were closed, and I still do those sessions at home.
  • joolspen3942
    joolspen3942 Posts: 71 Member
    Super.. well done you I trained people at home but like you I was straight back gym. I've gotta say though some of my clients still training at home.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I didn't have the means to train at home. Now I'm building a home gym.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Built a home gym over the past 2 years. It’s full of commercial equipment. So much better than driving to the gym and waiting for people to get off the equipment I wanted to use.
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    I was a runner and weight lifter for years but this time around, I am switching to something I was never really good at which would be calisthenics. It is burpees, push ups, staircases, all that fun stuff for days! I have found, I don't really need a gym and am saving $50 a month. I have spent a few bucks on battle ropes and that kinda jazz but nothing too crazy.
  • joolspen3942
    BahstenB10 wrote: »
    I was a runner and weight lifter for years but this time around, I am switching to something I was never really good at which would be calisthenics. It is burpees, push ups, staircases, all that fun stuff for days! I have found, I don't really need a gym and am saving $50 a month. I have spent a few bucks on battle ropes and that kinda jazz but nothing too crazy.

Absolutely smashed it by sounds of it well in. Fantastic 👏 👏 👏 👏
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member

What doesn't challenge us, doesn't change us!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    My Goal is to get in good enough shape to be able to walk the 1.1 miles to the local YMCA. Then 1.1 miles back after swimming. It's the pool I want nothing else lol. I recently got a great deal on a Total gym and couldn't recommend it more for most. It is so versatile and can give such a great work out :)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    I have slowly built a home gym. I bought a squat rack with built on smith machine and cable system, Best investment ever. and you can find treadmills all the time on facebook market and craigslist. I got my Nortictrack for $200, it had 3 miles put on it. The one I got befor that was old but worked until I could afford more, it was $25
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    March- August, I managed to train at home. Mostly with Sydney Cummings. Now I'm back to lifting 2x weekly at work in our weigh room.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    With covid, home gym all the way.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I have everything I need at home.
  • I don't do gym because of my working hours days and nights so I cycle to work, walk a lot, throw around dumbbells at home. All works for me
  • joolspen3942
    March- August, I managed to train at home. Mostly with Sydney Cummings. Now I'm back to lifting 2x weekly at work in our weigh room.

Brilliant well done.
  • joolspen3942
    I don't do gym because of my working hours days and nights so I cycle to work, walk a lot, throw around dumbbells at home. All works for me

Superstar
  • joolspen3942
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    I have slowly built a home gym. I bought a squat rack with built on smith machine and cable system, Best investment ever. and you can find treadmills all the time on facebook market and craigslist. I got my Nortictrack for $200, it had 3 miles put on it. The one I got befor that was old but worked until I could afford more, it was $25

Absolutely amazing
  • joolspen3942
    cppeace wrote: »
    My Goal is to get in good enough shape to be able to walk the 1.1 miles to the local YMCA. Then 1.1 miles back after swimming. It's the pool I want nothing else lol. I recently got a great deal on a Total gym and couldn't recommend it more for most. It is so versatile and can give such a great work out :)

you go girl.superstar
  • joolspen3942

What doesn't challenge us, doesn't change us!

100%
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I train at home and quit my gym several years ago but I'm fortunate to have the space for my bench & power rack etc. My motivation for training at home was just that I was sick of waiting for equipment and people that never wiped things down or re-racked their weights etc, the whole pandemic has just reinforced my decision.