Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Okay, its been long enough for me, I've wanted to ask my friends over the pond this question but not wanted to disrupt the topic of the thread.

But honestly, what's your opinion on Kanye West going for president?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Made a life-changing decision this morning and am happy to say that as of noon today, I am officially retired! Such a huge stress relief! I've been trying to determine next steps since my position was eliminated in June due to COVID-19 shutdowns, after doing the same work for 30 years. At my age, I never expected to have to look for a different job...I only had 5 more years to work. So being able to retire early is truly a dream come true! Now, perhaps I can focus on getting healthy instead of sitting in my dark place, stuffing my face and hiding from the world! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š

Really excited to have finally come to a decision...can you tell? The unknown and indecision was really taking a toll on my health so l am happy my husband and I finally sat down and came to an agreement. The guilt I felt over losing my job was overwhelming!

Wonderful news! Congratulations!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    Okay, its been long enough for me, I've wanted to ask my friends over the pond this question but not wanted to disrupt the topic of the thread.

Ridiculous ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member

1. Log all food ๐Ÿ‘Ž going back to do it now though
    2. Take a walk โœ”
    3. Be kind โœ”
    4. Drink smoothie for breakfast โœ”
    5. Take meds โœ”
    6. AM self care routine โœ”
    7. Chores โœ”
    8. PM self care routine โœ”
    9. Bed by 10 ๐Ÿ‘Ž started getting ready at 10
    10. Write down goals ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Busy day, salvaging what i can.

1. Drink more water
    2. Log food
    3. Put away CSA
    4. Be kind
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. PM self care routine
    7. Bed by 10

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member

A total joke
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member
    @PackerFanInGB Happy Retirement! you'll love it I'm sure :)
    I retired from my proper 6 day a week job last year, I still have 7 years to go until pension kicks in, but I manage with my holiday let and being careful what I spend. I could have gone back when the pandemic started but decided not to. I love it, so much time :)

@Bex953172 tea and biscuits, the British cure for everything! I love tea, I have a HUGE mug and fill it several times a day. No biscuits now though.

JFT Wednesday 16th September

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    Walk no, bumped for a second hour of gardening
    Ironing yes
    Haircut, first since February! yes, nice to catch up with hairdresser.
    Bit of shopping yes
    Gardening, looks cold out yes
    Tidy bedroom no, no time
    No snacking none :)

JFT Thursday 17th September

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Tidy bedroom/change bedding/get someone to help me turn mattress
    Weekly shop
    Gardening
    Paperwork up to date

Weighed in and doing a happy dance :) Happy to say I've now lost a stone. I know a lot of countries don't count in stones, but it's a big deal here. It's taken since June, but I'm still chuffed, I feel a little slimmer. Now onto the next stone....
  • littleblackskirt
    Welcome @edwardsc60 it's great that you woke up feeling lighter and happier.

And I totally get the "what do you call a boyfriend/girlfriend when you're older" question lol. It just doesn't sound right, does it?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,033 Member
    ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒต๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒต๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒพ
    ๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’– SEPTEMBER๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽกโ›ฑ
    ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒต๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒต๐ŸŽ๐ŸŒพ
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    The water weight is in its way out ๐Ÿ˜‚
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
      Jun: +0.2

September Daily Goals: Week 3
      Tues: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu: Fri:
      Sat: Sun: Mon:
      Weight < 155: 2/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Aug: 149.9

01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      Reduce Fat%:โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1 30.5
      Calories < in the green ๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7
      Steps > 7500 ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ 1/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7
      Active hours > 6 daily๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      ๐ŸŒŸMeditation 2/7
      ๐ŸŒŸExercise 2/7 The sun rose as I was meditating and I wrote a poem. Iโ€™ll post it later when I have charged my iPad
      ๐ŸŒŸFamily Skype 0/7
      ๐ŸŒŸCut our/sew masks (1/7)
      ๐ŸŒŸGardening: 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸDeclutter๐Ÿฆ„2//7
      ๐ŸŒŸLaundry 2/7 ๐ŸŒŸCircuits 2/7
      ๐Ÿ˜œHousework 2/7 ๐ŸŒŸPlan shopping (1/7)
      ๐ŸŒŸShopping 1/7
      ๐ŸŒŸWrite 3 pages or 15 minutes a day ๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7
      ๐ŸŒŸUpdate Journal๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7
      ๐ŸŒŸCrochet๐Ÿฆ„ 1/7 ๐ŸŒŸPuzzles ๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7
      ๐ŸŒŸWatch TV๐Ÿฆ„ 2/7 ๐ŸŒŸRead 2/7
    • TerriRichardson112
      @littleblackskirt (((Hugs))) Itโ€™s such a sad time for you and your mom. Iโ€™m sure she appreciates your support.
      @WellingTX ๐Ÿ’– the wise words.
      @PackerFanInGB Bravo! Welcome to an exciting new phase in your life!!! I highly recommend it!
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
      Welcome @edwardsc60 it's great that you woke up feeling lighter and happier.

And I totally get the "what do you call a boyfriend/girlfriend when you're older" question lol. It just doesn't sound right, does it?

My nana got a boyfriend in her mid 70s lol!!
      It was bizarre. But he made her happy! But it was weird saying it!

However @edwardsc60 I'm sorry your relationship has ended, just because it didn't end with fireworks and a huge fight doesn't mean it doesn't take a toll in the same way! And I'm sorry your boyfriend didn't feel the same way.

Who cares if its September! The point is, you're starting now and not done what everyone else does and said "ill make it a new year resolution".

And you've already lost some weight! Congrats!
    • WellingTX
      WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
      For Wednesday, trust my lifestyle for the long haul. Time passes anyway with or without scale results. Tomorrow, next week, a month from now and year from now I will be glad I made good choices on food and worked out today.

Good day

1800 calories 1734
      Work out 70 minutes 77 minutes including a 2.37 mile walk
      Support my bride easy to do
      Make good choices eh, fallen into a routine of eating chocolate up to calorie Goal even if not hungry
      Focus on health and flexibility for the rest of my life. Good to have a โ€œwhyโ€
      Walk after dinner [/quote] a highlight for the day

For Thursday, do what Iโ€™m supposed to do

1800 calories
      Work out for 70 minutes
      Make good choices and focus on my health / flexibility for retirement
      Walk after dinner
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
      Not really been up for goals and commitment lately, but I'm still lurking about. Hope y'all have a happy day!
    • AJB1014
      AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
      Busy day, salvaging what i can.

1. Drink more water โœ”
      2. Log food ๐Ÿ‘Ž ugh its so annoying to do without the app but I don't have enough room on my phone to install the app so I need to quit making excuses
      3. Put away CSA โœ” I got a rutabaga (or turnip? Not sure) thats literally the size of my head...no idea what to do with it!
      4. Be kind โœ”
      5. Cook dinner at home โœ”
      6. PM self care routine โœ”
      7. Bed by 10 โœ”

1. AM self care routine
      2. Fill water bottle, drink whole thing today
      3. Log food
      4. Go for a walk
      5. Be kind
      6. Pay gas bill
      7. Cook dinner at home
      8. PM self care routine
      9. Bed by 10
    • katalimaq
      katalimaq Posts: 3 Member
      @PackerFanInGB , what a monumental decision, congratulations!! I can imagine just coming to a final decision must be an amazing feeling.

Just for Wednesday:
      -Log everything - done
      - Stay in the green - almost...nearly forgot about a glass of prosecco and hadn't calculated it when making a decision on dessert, so was over but by about 70 calories.
      - Do some gentle stretching - Done, and pleased I did. Think I finally started making a dent in my right thighs' flexibility issues.
      - Incorporate a walk into my day - Yes, I walked for 30 minutes across the river and then caught the bus from there.

Just for Thursday:
      - Stay under calories
      - Stay under fat goals
      - Drink water
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
      JFT -Wednesday Sept 16
      1L of water - >:)
      Log all food - >:)
      No chips - >:)
      15 minutes of activity - >:)
      Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT -Thursday Sept 17
      1L of water
      Log all food
      No chips
      15 minutes of activity
      Gratitude Journal

@PackerFanInGB - I'm so happy for you, that decision must have taken a load off.

@bex953172 - I think that Kanye running for President was supposed to be a joke. At least that's how we are looking at it in Canada.

@littleblackskirt - How many pounds are in a stone? Either way congratulations!

@pridesabtch - I lurked when I wasn't doing the goals too. I think the lurking helped me get back to it when I was ready.

Well yesterday I didn't log one bite of food, ate probably 2 days worth of calories in one and didn't do anything physical. It was just one of those days. I had a crappy lunch because that's what everyone at work decided to order in and I had overslept so not made lunch. I could have salvaged it and had a light dinner but our eldest texted me and asked if her and the kids could come visit. Since I didn't have enough in the house to feed 5 of us the same thing we decided to stop and get KFC. Once that was all done, there was a tiny bit of my birthday cake left over that would have had to be thrown out today so we shared that. So there it is my terrible weight loss day in a nutshell. It was a good day otherwise though.

I have a funny little story to share.
      Our Grandson received a harmonica for his birthday from his paternal Grandparents at his little party on Saturday. Our place is very small and since the adults were visiting we told him to take the harmonica out on the deck. Last night when he came to visit he said to Rodg.
      Jonah: "Grampie, your gnomes make a terrible audience".
      Rodg: "What are you talking about"?
      Jonah: "Well, when I was playing for them one of them gave me the finger, one of them flashed his bum at me and the other one just stood there with a dopey look on his face".

I'll post a pic of the gnomes below.

• Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
      ak8xn2o4698s.jpeg
    • cschmitz110515
      Recap W 9/16 ~ work in conference room day
      1) Walked dog 3.66 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
      3) Leftovers for supper / net cals green / 14c water :p close -42 & 13c
      4) Organize more for ANJH A/R audit / clear more email backlog / Zoom webinar noon / save electronics to flash drive / sanitize room end of day :) 5/5
      5) Set mouse traps in garage / at least 1-2 other chores :) 2/2
      6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 6:15 alarm (walk dog before work from home) :smiley: yay 4/4

JFT R 9/17 ~ work at home day
      1) Walked dog 4.17 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
      3) Net cals green / 14c water
      4) Organize papers & electronics / contact H / start ANJH A/R review / clear more email backlog / email daily update
      5) DVM appt 11:00 / update cc info for recurring charges / update budget s/s / at least 1 chore
      6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 6:15 alarm (walk dog before work from home)

Heard and watched sandhill cranes flying this morning on walk. Migrating birds on the move a sure sign of fall!

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • littleblackskirt
      @Snowflake1968 I think Jonah is going to be a comedian :)

There are 14 pounds in a stone. We tend to talk of "losing a stone" or "losing half a stone (7lbs)"

and we count in them too...if you said you were 159 lbs I wouldn't be able to imagine it properly until I'd converted it to 11 stone 5 lbs.
      And there's 16 ounces in a pound, but I don't count them, they're too small, that's just for babies birth weights lol.
    • TerriRichardson112
      @Snowflake1968 I think Jonah is going to be a comedian :)

There are 14 pounds in a stone. We tend to talk of "losing a stone" or "losing half a stone (7lbs)"

and we count in them too...if you said you were 159 lbs I wouldn't be able to imagine it properly until I'd converted it to 11 stone 5 lbs.
      And there's 16 ounces in a pound, but I don't count them, they're too small, that's just for babies birth weights lol.

Iโ€™m the same. I automatically convert in my head.