Help

I used to be 200lbs. Because of it I developed disordered eating habits such as eating below 800 throughout the week, and on sunday I would eat (or try to) around 2000 in one sitting, resulting in getting sickly full. Then repeat. I lost a significant amount of weight and now I'm 125 lbs (5'3, female). But I feel like If I try to develop healthier eating patterns to maintain my normal weight, I'd gain it all back because I may have damaged my metabolism. Now I have this habit of eating 1000-2000 cals in one sitting, feeling bad about it, and then going a few days without eating anything at all before it starts over again. I want to know if what I'm doing now can cause me to gain all the weight back, and how to not gain it if I started eating regularly.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    The good news is that you've not damaged your metabolism. But you really should talk to your doctor as your eating habits do sound disordered.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Do some research on reverse dieting. I strongly recommend the book "Fat Loss Forever" by Layne Norton. Your fear likely comes from a feeling of lack of control which stems from insufficient knowledge.