Optavia - Habits of Health

2»

Replies

• whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    My next door neighbor is doing the same plan. She's lost about half her body weight and is unrecognizable. She loves it, but it doesn't appeal to me.
  • halljanex
    halljanex Posts: 2 Member
    I’m doing OPTAVIA now and love it, I can’t believe how much I’m learning about choice and goals. Dr. Anderson’s book “the Habits of Health” is giving me a new perspective on long term habits. I have about 80 lbs to lose, am 2 weeks in and have lost 11 lbs. I always lose a lot the first week of any plan. It should take me around 6-8 months. I don’t think it is unhealthy to Eat under 1000 calories in A day when we eat every 2-3 hours and drink lots of water. In this Covid time, we must lose our obesity as quickly as possible. Go sjcook23! Don’t let the disagree stalker get you down. Lol
  • kdwilso1
    kdwilso1 Posts: 4 Member
    Optivia has started a wonderful daily zoom call and it is so amazing and helpful for this journey!
  • carolcoleman38
    carolcoleman38 Posts: 1 Member
    Your body is not starving when its eating its own fat.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member

What does this mean exactly??

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member

What does this mean exactly??

Adipose is stored energy for the body to utilize in periods of calorie restriction or starvation, pretty basic, no?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I understand using your own fat stores if you burn more than you intake - Of course.

but what did poster mean in context of thread topic
    perhaps that poster could explain what they meant with their statement.
  • neanderthin
    I understand using your own fat stores if you burn more than you intake - Of course.

but what did poster mean in context of thread topic
    perhaps that poster could explain what they meant with their statement.

Probably in reference to eating under 1200 calories, most people don't like that idea.
  • neanderthin
    edited April 2023
    Jacq_qui wrote: »
    This is interesting - do these companies actually have to have any qualifications in nutrition/healthcare to operate? I mean, who is making these programs, do they have a clue or are they just making it up? I guess this is a US company, but it applies to other countries to; do these companies which provide foods actually have to have any standards to adhere to. Curious mind as never tried (and never would) anything like this, except slimfast, which I suppose is similar and also imo, not the best way to go.

No, the "coaches" are "investors", aka "customers" that don't make any money until they sell the program to another "investor", aka "customer" which obligates that person to then be a "coach". Not a pool of intellectuals I would want advising any person on nutrition or how to lose weight.

Yeah, SlimFast, it's been around for a while, over 40 years, something like that. I remember it quite well, because I'm old, and it's basically a meal replacement but recently it's getting into prepared foods, snack items to appease the paleo, low carb and keto bunch, which is pretty funny considering those were originally and primarily to get away from processed foods in general, anyway. SlimFast also doesn't promote a very low calorie program, it just wants people to buy it's products to fit into peoples weight loss journey, and lets face it when it comes to weight loss, most people will do just about anything if it doesn't require too much effort. Present company excepted of course. cheers