The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi @MIssMay ~ We love lurkers...the more the merrier :)
    Waving back 👋 oh but I am not just any lurker. Nice to hear(read) everyone is doing well over here. Big hello to @JenT304 🤗
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Hi "Covid Julie" Thank you for updating us all. So glad that you are healing and are being cared for through all of your friend's and family's kindnesses....Boring is fantastic btw...It means you are resting & taking care of yourself...happy recoup <3
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    @Beka3695 I'm glad you have minimal damage. The pictures on TV are terrible. How awful for people. Covid Julie, I hope you are improving. It is scary not to be able to take a full breath. I AM a former smoker and that aspect really scares me. I'm happy your family and friends are being so thoughtful.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Hi @MissMay!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo, I'm so glad you had a good, restful holiday. I truly wish you the very best in your quest for moderation. Kate Bee, Annie Grace, and others I've read (Allen Carr, Jason Vale) claim that going from a heavy drinker to a long-term moderate drinker just doesn't happen. Maybe you will be the exception that proves the rule. I hope so (Or maybe you didn't drink that heavily--I may be mis-remembering some of your earlier posts). In any event. please keep us posted. I hope in 6 months you can report that you've found that happy middle way that seems to elude many of us (definitely me!). But no need to leave this group! I hope you can enjoy both threads.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Good morning~ I'm back at work. And on the way home, I thought for one second I should stop and get wine, because that's habitual thinking. But I didn't. Since I have been AF and ill, I have lost 8 pounds easily. Just eating good food, no fast food, and no alcohol calories has just made the weight fall off. For me, drinking is like walking a tight rope, sometimes I stay on the rope, but when I do fall it is so painfully obvious, I should just be AF. It is too painful for me to have those binges because when they happen, I suffer terrible emotionally and physically.

Also, the poor food choices and feeding my hangover sure don't help the weight. I just figure some people's bodies are just not meant to drink and that's me. I focus on sobriety more for my organs and emotional health (anxiety comes with drinking for me). It's almost a relief not to have to drink or negotiate with myself.

If you can moderate, I applaud you. I really really wish I could. I would love to have some wine, sit back under the stars and enjoy.... it is so romantic for me to wish I could drink normally. But I cant.

• RubyRed427
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    201 days AF!

I missed 200 yesterday - oops. I am in the Florida panhandle where hurricane Sally hit, so my mind has been elsewhere. We came thru with only minimal damage. Neighbors one street over we’re not so lucky. More clean up today. At least if you stay busy you don’t think about drinking!!

201 days of peace of mind- at least you never have to worry "who did I call?" "did I text anyone". ... Not sure if that ever happened to you but it sure did with me.
    I'm happy you had minimal hurricane damage- what a worry~
  • RubyRed427
    @lorrainequiche59 so nice to read your wise words! Always good to see your posts.