Advice Needed Thread

2»

Replies

• laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    So my cat laid down and fell asleep on my to-do list. Do I disturb the cat and get my list, or do I just take a nap?

Definitely take a nap. It’ll give you the energy needed to complete the list later on.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    So my cat laid down and fell asleep on my to-do list. Do I disturb the cat and get my list, or do I just take a nap?

Definitely nap with the feline.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    If I were to eat myself will I get twice as big or disappear completely?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Are there any interior decorators here?

5wvk4kw1xh1e.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to finish out this space. I need some book storage for 15-20 books. There is about 3 feet between the end of the desk and the wall, I could do a short bookshelf you can't see from this angle down there. I was going to put some pictures above the chair, but I could potentially put two shelves above it and put the pictures above the desk instead? I'm thinking book shelves above the desk would be too much in front of the window. The lamp will go, it's not needed

Thoughts?

(Please ignore the mess, just stuff crammed over there until I figure things out!)

What about a smallish bookshelf right in front of your window? You could put plants on the top of it. Then, depending on how many pictures you have, you can scatter them throughout the room.

BTW, I love that you have a walkout space, onto a deck(?). I'd love something like that, into my backyard! But our back year-round sun room is about 8' off the ground so would need stairs down into the yard.

That's definitely an interesting thought I hadn't considered. I do like my plants :)

Yes, that's my back deck. That is one thing I love about this house, lots of natural light in all the rooms along the back wall and we have 4 sliding doors that go out there, 2 in the master/this little office is part of the master room, our living room, and dining room. Just have to be careful in the summer because those doors all get full afternoon sun so that can heat things up a bit.

So what did you end up doing with the reading nook/exercise space?
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    If I were to eat myself will I get twice as big or disappear completely?

I think you’d sorta turn yourself inside out
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Cat=nap for both of you.
    No decision necessary because said cat made it for you.
  • ReenieHJ
    Maybe this belongs in iMago's relationship advice thread but too lazy to look it up ATM. But what do you do if you're in a relationship(long haul) when your goals clearly do NOT align with your partner's? It's like you're living 2 separate lives. But not.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Maybe this belongs in iMago's relationship advice thread but too lazy to look it up ATM. But what do you do if you're in a relationship(long haul) when your goals clearly do NOT align with your partner's? It's like you're living 2 separate lives. But not.

delete facebook, lawyer up, hit the gym
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    iMago wrote: »

Common sense, right?!?!
  • iMago

Common sense, right?!?!

its either that, or have a baby.

no in-betweens.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member

Common sense, right?!?!

no in-betweens.

Brilliant!
  • Punksprincess83
    Punksprincess83 Posts: 218 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    I like the 3rd and 5th photos best but that is my favourite colour.

This
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member

Common sense, right?!?!

no in-betweens.

I think Reenie is a bit past the have a baby stage.

I guess she could steal one from somebody else. It's not necessary to incubate it herself, is it?
  • iMago

Common sense, right?!?!

no in-betweens.

I guess she could steal one from somebody else. It's not necessary to incubate it herself, is it?

works for the xenomorphs
  • ReenieHJ

Common sense, right?!?!

no in-betweens.

Haha yeh just a tad. But I suppose I could move in with one of my previously hatched offspring? She's clear across the country and wouldn't have the heart to kick me out, leave me defenseless. I don't think she would.