Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    @jugar I can relate to the food preservation fatigue 😂 it always feels good after it's done though! I've never thought of using the green tomatoes in a relish, I may have to look into that this year. My plan is to can stewed tomatoes over the weekend and then that almost finishes up the veggie garden. I have some herbs I can dry, and the cabbage and brusselsprouts still have more time since they like the cold.

@Terytha audits suck. In the process of 2 audits at work right now as well and I'm so tired of the stress from it. It's standard every year to have these audits but it never gets any easier. I wish you luck, not only with the audit but with staying healthy throughout. Stress eating can be so tempting.

@KellyBgetsfit I completely understand the scale frustration. I've noticed for myself that high carb or high sodium days will cause a huge gain, but if I go a few days with more water and fresh foods that tends to go away pretty quickly. Sore or growing muscles can also cause temporary gains on the scale as well. As @jugar said, more fiber is a good thing. And I drink kombucha for probiotics, I like store bought but it's expensive so I make my own. It takes a bit to get used to it but in my opinion it is way more palatable than apple cider vinegar! I hope you find what works for you!

There have been some really big losses recorded this week, almost too big! Good job team, I hope we're all staying healthy!

I stepped on the scale yesterday as a midweek check and so far so good. No fast food or anything this week and I know that's helping. I've also been going on more walks, Lola seems to be getting used to the leash now 😊

As far as food and exercise goes I'm feeling really good. Work and home life is stressful right now, but at least for now I'm taking care of myself. That's all I really have control over anyway.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Happy Friday!

Wow - some terrific weigh-ins happening. Good job this week - it is certainly a general improvement over last week, and there seems to be some grit, determination, and commitment spreading around. That's a good contagion!

@jguldi11
    Your garden sounds really impressive - I have a wonderful friend with a huge garden as a source for cabbages and other late stuff. I don't have the space for those or winter squash at this point. I had an additional garden space a few years ago, but the trees around it are too tall now and it doesn't get enough sun. It is hard being in a wooded place - not too much open land where the sun really hits long enough all day. Maybe time to get the tall guy going with his chainsaw again... He loves it, even when he complains endlessly :tongue:

enjoy the rest of the day, everyone!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 599 Member
    @micki48
    I lost track of where I logged my steps so far, so here's my month as of yesterday: :)

f4aa8kkdw04b.png
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Steps and exercise update

17th September
    Steps - 2221
    Exercise - none, took the car in for a service and MOT
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I’m really feeling devastated with the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Our country is in such a bad place. @jugar we really are researching a move to Canada. Canadian friends, what do you love best about your country?

That’s about all I’ve got. Today was fine, but it was Take out Friday. We’ll see how weigh in goes tomorrow. Congratulations on the amazing losses team.

Thanks for the step reports. Don’t forget to get all your steps in by early Sunday.
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    I’m really feeling devastated with the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Our country is in such a bad place. @jugar we really are researching a move to Canada. Canadian friends, what do you love best about your country?

That’s about all I’ve got. Today was fine, but it was Take out Friday. We’ll see how weigh in goes tomorrow. Congratulations on the amazing losses team.

Thanks for the step reports. Don’t forget to get all your steps in by early Sunday.

It is so sad about Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Every time I hear a story from someone she helped or worked with, it is a real inspiration. She gave a lot for a long time. As to moving to Canada - it isn't perfect, that's for sure. The political spectrum is just as broad as everywhere else, but I find the general leaning is more towards caring for one another and less for being seen as the best through rugged individualism and damning the torpedoes. The immigration process is long. I have never regretted coming here in the late 70s, though. What I love is the kind of chaotic way of talking through everything, and somehow ending up with something resembling a reasonable compromise most of the time. Québec is even more chaotic and "special" - and somehow I find I like chaotic and special. There are worrying tendencies these days here just like everywhere else.
  • jugar
    edited September 2020
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    PW 343.8
    CW 338.8
    LTD 36 lbs

You killed it! Well done 🙌 🙌
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @jugar The political spectrum is just as broad as everywhere else, but I find the general leaning is more towards caring for one another and less for being seen as the best through rugged individualism and damning the torpedoes. /quote]

I really like this. ^^^ It is a scary idea packing it all up and moving to another country, but living in this one is becoming scarier by the day. Thanks for your comments. We have so much to learn.
    @conleywoods Moving countries is probably like moving schools. It takes about 3 years to figure out all the crap going on in the new place. Just move every 3 to 5 years and it should be bliss. Or take away your husband’s newspapers, news channels and give him a flip phone and don't move and live in bliss 😉 We threaten to do this to my father in law sometimes! Ha

LOL! You made me laugh! Move every 3-5 years!!! LOL My husband loves his flip phone already. I wish it was only about reading the news, but I'm afraid we are about to go back in time as a society. :'(

Couldn't sleep in on my morning to sleep in. Gave myself a time limit to fall back asleep. Nope. So I'm sitting on my screened porch in my slippers and robe, listening to the wind rustle through the trees and the birds chattering. It's nicely chilly this morning. Hope everyone has a restful, restorative weekend.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    good morning, saturday. After a stressful week I got home yesterday and went out for some retail therapy - I never think of myself as a shopper but I've realized that I do like to shop for food. Aldi was at the tail end of 'german week' and I wanted to see what they had. Ended up with all sorts of things including cakes & cookies but I can't expect my parents to not have treats (at 80 and 91 you can have what you want!!). I did get more dill pickle spears - excellent snack suggestion found here and also they had quark (latte or berry) individual sized breakfast cups - a bit like yogurt. I normally go to bed quite early during the week but last night went for a walk - heavenly temperature and the streets were mostly quiet. Hot flashes and restless leg syndrome gave me some poor sleeps this past week and I think I need to incorporate that evening walk more - slept well and woke rested. Helps with everything getting a good night sleep.
    @KellyBgetsfit I've read your posts and so sympathize with the sleep deprivation,
    @conleywoods you too, up at 4:30, ugh.
    @micki48 I get it. I should have done it years ago but have put in motion getting my uk passport (damn it won't still be a EU passport) just to have, just to keep my options open, not going anywhere at the moment.
    @evangsimmons170 nice drop this week, hopefully not just because you were feeling yucky. Hope you're feeling better again.
    @Gidgitgoescrazy run girl run...have a great 'race' today!!
This discussion has been closed.