Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

LOTS OF ERROR MESSAGES!!

2»

Replies

• cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,520 Member Member Posts: 30,520 Member
    Yep. STILL.

I reported it.

Weeks ago.

If everyone reports it - maybe it will help(?) I don't know if it will. It's not even listed in the "Known Issues" part of the site, which you would think it would be after all this time.

I don't know that these threads really seem to do much either. But on the off-chance it may help - I'll keep bumping it. Plus it makes me feel better to gripe. :angry:
  • hlkollhlkoll Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I'm also getting error messages when I use my PC to add food. I have been corresponding by email for over a week. I have sent over 30 responses to the support questions. Many of their questions are duplicates of question I have already answered. Do I switch to another vendor? I have been a member of MyFitnessPal since 2009.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,520 Member Member Posts: 30,520 Member
    hlkoll wrote: »
    I'm also getting error messages when I use my PC to add food. I have been corresponding by email for over a week. I have sent over 30 responses to the support questions. Many of their questions are duplicates of question I have already answered. Do I switch to another vendor? I have been a member of MyFitnessPal since 2009.

Up to you.

They broke it.

They've broken it before and fixed it...this is just taking a longer than usual time to fix - maybe because it still kind of works, just requires a lot of refreshing and/or a double-click.

And yeah, the "Support" is pretty non-responsive.
  • hlkollhlkoll Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    PS how do you talk to somebody that can help
    I don't work here, just another annoyed user. :)
  • lecomanlecoman Member Posts: 29 Member Member Posts: 29 Member
    Happens 50% of the time. Piss poor tech.
  • dcorker7791dcorker7791 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I would jump at it happening only 50% of the time - it's constant. They've not even updated the error page since 2016 (see copyright at the bottom), it's a total mess.
    hlkoll wrote: »
    PS how do you talk to somebody that can help

You can submit a request at "Help" - I'm on the web version, it's at the top of the page. There's a "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, too.
  • bucajackbucajack Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Happening constantly to me today. I only use the free version but it's still extremely frustrating. If I was paying for this rubbish I'd be livid
  • dwayneb2020dwayneb2020 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Same thing here. Multiple refreshes required to avoid the server error.
    just bumping this to keep it on the radar - since they don't even list it in "Known Issues."
  • DanielleR2018DanielleR2018 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I refuse to pay for the app since the free version is so buggy. If this worked well, consistently than I would be very interested in the paid subscription as I try to use this ever day. But it's gotten so bad that I am looking for alternative sites.
  • avalanchefan95avalanchefan95 Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21 Member
    I rejoined again after a while and love the paid version but I'm on a trial right now. No way am I going forward after this month because of the bugs. I like the app alright but $10/month? That's absolutely laughable.
  • novanut65novanut65 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    MFP NEVER used to be this bad. What changed? I cant sit down and fill a single meal let alone a days worth of food
  • angel7472angel7472 Member Posts: 315 Member Member Posts: 315 Member
    SERIOUSLY!!!! I can get in here and rant but can't log any food. I've been trying for 10 minutes now. I thought it was because my daughter is on Facetime but that isn't the case.
  • judiper888judiper888 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I am having the exact same issues - I submitted a ticket and they told me to clear my cache, cookies, remove plugins - I tried it. Worked for less than a week. I am also a paid subscriber, but what on earth is the point of paying for something that doesn't work! I'm beyond frustrated. Now, I can't even log food on the web browser, and my apps will not sync with what I put in YESTERDAY. I reopened the ticket and shared the latest. The error messages stating that the team was notified of this issue - what a load of crap. If that were the case, they'd have fixed this long ago due to its frequency.
  • novanut65novanut65 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    WHY would I EVER subscribe for there premium service? Im not going to pay MFP just to have these same problems. Looks like i will be switching to Carbon at least it works