The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Hi all! I'll be 41 this weekend - eek, the age is really starting to hit me. I'm been on mfp in the past and it worked out well and then things went down hill a few years ago and in this last year especially I ended up ballooning up. So haven't been this heavy since having my kids - have about 70 lbs to lose (ugh...that's depressing to say). I'm a mom of twins, work full-time, and attempting to find balance in life as well as trying to find my body again lol. Feel free to add me - can always use some motivation partners!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Welcome all new middle agers!!

It's a new season for us...whether you're in the northern hemisphere and it's the glorious autumn season or the southern and it's spring. What are you looking forward to for this upcoming season

Planning some fall camping and fishing. Stupid work keeps interfering with plans for fun activities! AARRGGHH! Hoping the fires die down and the smoke clears out soon.

Oh no stay safe with this fires. It's crazy. I've friends in Portland and they've been posting on Facebook that their air filters for their house can't keep up with the smokey air. We did a drive up the coast last year, it's sad to think some of the stuff we saw could be gone

Thanks for the kind words, Ali. I talked to my fishing partner yesterday - we are going to monitor the situation and alter plans as needed. We're looking at 6 weeks from now. Things could be all clear by then.
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    50 here. 1 lb away from my first goal weight. I figure another 10lb loss over the winter will be my ultimate goal. Feel free to add.
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    I’m turning 40 in October and my bro is throwing me a 40 year old birthday party. It’s been about 6 to 7 years since I’ve been on MFP and when I was on it I lost 60 pounds needless to say my healthy habits didn’t stick and I’m up to 210 would like to be back to 180 or 175 as my goal. Looking for friends and support it always helps to have accountability peeps thanks
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I’m turning 40 in October and my bro is throwing me a 40 year old birthday party. It’s been about 6 to 7 years since I’ve been on MFP and when I was on it I lost 60 pounds needless to say my healthy habits didn’t stick and I’m up to 210 would like to be back to 180 or 175 as my goal. Looking for friends and support it always helps to have accountability peeps thanks

Happy almost birthday month. 40 isn't that bad at all. I think covid lockdown stole lots of our healthy habits sadly. Good luck
  • rrorex
    rrorex Posts: 6 Member
    Anyone else having issues not being able to see their updates?
  • AliNouveau
    Anyone have any good keto friendly dessert recipes? My brother in law is a keto convert and I've been tasked to make him a treat.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    rrorex wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues not being able to see their updates?

Yep
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great Friday!

Happy Friday to you too x
  • ICookUEat
    ICookUEat Posts: 2 Member
    Well, I'm not planning to live to 108, but I'll say hey to the middle aged group anyway!
  • seder538
    seder538 Posts: 10 Member
    Great to find people my age, I am 45 and although I have used the site before I never became a part of the community. Fitness is a huge part of my life from weight training to distance running and most in between. It would be great to discuss workout plans, nutrition and the ever important motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jukeitz
    jukeitz Posts: 87 Member
    Hi everyone. I’m Chris and I’m back into my fitness journey after some time off to mend some injuries. I’m here for anyone who wants support, advice and motivation. TCB!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    6csxzrsob7vu.jpg
    w5pkpzwq6jw6.jpg

Best bit of my week...hanging out with my son on a Friday afternoon. (Yes...I'm an old dad! 🙄)

Happy Friday everyone.

Sounds like a perfect afternoon. He's adorable, and getting so big. Don't blink...

Amen to that 😔❤️

• forestfreek
    jukeitz wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I’m Chris and I’m back into my fitness journey after some time off to mend some injuries. I’m here for anyone who wants support, advice and motivation. TCB!

Maybe it’s just because I’m overworked but what does TCB mean? Lol.

• jukeitz
    jukeitz Posts: 87 Member

Take care of business 😁
  • forestfreek
    Got it 👍
  • AliNouveau
    Happy weekend!!!! Anyone got any plans? I suspect we're heading for another lockdown so I guess I better start hoarding toilet paper, flour and yeast! 😂🤣
  • forestfreek
    Happy weekend!!!! Anyone got any plans? I suspect we're heading for another lockdown so I guess I better start hoarding toilet paper, flour and yeast! 😂🤣

Yeah, it’s not looking good for us here in Ontario, is it?😔