Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/17 steps 8727
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    It is Friday, for all of you working hope that you get to enjoy your weekend! After several weeks of no baking I finally rewarded myself with a lemon pie. Yes, I do think I actually enjoyed it more. I have found that just a little square of a dark chocolate bar, a cup of applesauce, piece of cheese or a piece of fruit really helped me. I even weighed less this morning. If you are not using the habit tracker I recommend it! Several days I was sure tempted not to exercise but it kept me focused. Thank you all for the love and support show in this group. I am still a sleep and finding my way around but I have read of the care and concern that y'all have for what everyone is going through. A special shout out to our captains, moderators and leaders of this group. I know a lot of work goes into it. You are all appreciated. YOU ROCK!

@Freeglerock
    Looks like most of your goals were checked as Done – congrats! I bet going back in to the office felt strange, from 300 people to 10 people. I think with the 2 hour commute working from home is great, gives you a lot of extra “home” time to concentrate on your health, that’s a WIN! Thanks for the positive thought.
    @ minstrelofsarcasm
    At least you are watching the numbers going down. Love the Lucy picture, I feel like that about every other day that I get on the scales. You are doing great with all the classes and reaching 700 spin classes is an awesome goal to work for. Pulling for you and I believe in you. The barbque in the park sounds amazing. ENJOY!
    @brown 6267 – good stepping!
    @ Cafelelia
    Developing that sense of fullness and actually stopping when it kicks in is huge! I am learning that I don’t need to “clean my plate” wish parents wouldn’t teach that. Never thought of a calm app but sounds like a great idea. I might need to try that. Hang in there with the school system, I think everyone is learning as they go and the positive I have seen in our district is that it is much better than in the spring and improving every day.
    @xX¬_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Weight only slightly up, new day and week ahead. Your walks with your husband along the coast sound amazing. Looks like you summed up your week on a positive note. Knowledge is power and you will use that power in the week ahead.
    @pacsnc6 - congrats on the loss but it sounds like you need to be careful with is. Proper nutrition and exercise are always a good combination. You got this.
    @sleepymom5
    Your ride sounds so relaxing yet also great exercise. Enjoy your weekend and I hope Daisy is OK. Thanks for the well wishes, I am staying positive. This may just be another one of those places to watch and scan and I am getting used to that.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON.........
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    @ljdanny -

Not a problem! You can most definitely weigh in tomorrow, regardless of how good/bad you may think it is. Hope you can get some answers and solutions!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 134.4
    Today's weight: 134.4
    Weekly Steps: 65,708
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @debbiewsharpe I love your positive attitude! The unknown can be overwhelming or we can just take it a day at a time and be patient. Sounds like you are really good at that! I know I’m not as patient as you! I love the day you had with your friends. How awesome!! I think we really appreciate times like that so much more now than ever! At least I know I do!! Seize the moment!! What state do you live in?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-logged and over
    Water-over 80 oz
    Exercise- 30 min walk and PT

Sorry, I have to run. I am disappointed my weight is up after a good week but I will (as Debbie says) keep on keeping on. Have a good day everyone!

@pacsnc6 I can understand why your doctor wouldn't want you to lose a lot of weight while you are having treatment. I was thinking more along the line of the nurse not thinking that you had 10 more pounds to lose.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx It sounds delicious! I am glad you are feeling better and getting back into your usual routine.
    @Freeglerock You have had a good week! Seems like you are back in the groove!
    @debbiewsharpe. Lol! Love that quote!! I also use a habit tracker and find it motivating too. A shout out to you also for all you do for Sole Mates, I know that is a lot of work too. Glad you enjoyed your lemon pie
    @1theresamcvean Congratulations on being so close to goal!! How exciting! I am glad you are feeling better and tested negative. Enjoy the Pooh Bear exhibit with Pippa. I love him! My brother even calls me Pooh Bear Lol!
    @ljdanny. I hope you start feeling better soon. Do you think you could have plantar fascitis?
    @lennoncpa Nice job maintaining!
    @lenka1 Nice loss!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @1theresamcvean congratulations that you are almost to goal and breaking your plateau. And that Winnie the Pooh exhibit sounds sooo cute. I’m sure she will love it. Oh 3 is such a precious age. It almost makes me want another one. If we could just skip diapers and bottles and start at 3, I would be all about it.
    I got too busy to post yesterday. I didn’t get my steps I was a t a volleyball game almost all evening. But they did great. My daughter and I were both pretty wiped out last night and it was lights out at 9 pm here. I did well in my eating though and I got plenty of water. The scale is finally moving again. I’ve made it to below 215. That was my first goal. I would like to see 210 before the end of September and 200 by the end of November. But we shall see.im not sure if I will stop at 2 or 180 or 175. We will see how I feel.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @sleepymom5 it is probably just water weight and it will all come off at once. You’re right don’t worry about it next week will be much better.
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    PW 216.6
    CW 214.8
    LTD 16.6
    So excited for this loss 😊 its been a good but busy week sorry I’ve been missing. I’ve been really good on my food and getting my steps in this week. Already at 13,990 for today 😊

Spent today doing a pipeline inspection. Which consists of walking out the pipeline making sure it locates that the depth is good, then looking to make sure the line is in good condition (no sinking in the fields, no wet spots, dead vegetation, and that all markers are where they should be with all the info on the line). This one pipeline I have to walk and inspect every month and it’s a good 2 miles long so a 4-mile round trip plus it’s pretty hilly. It felt really good getting my steps in and the cooler air. I’m dreading walking it in the winter. I may need snowshoes 🙃. Also got to spend some time in the badlands. I’m a bit worried though work is already starting to slow down and summer is when we make our money because that’s when everyone is digging. Although with the bust with Covid and Saudia Arabia we didn’t get much work this summer. Hoping that by this spring we will be busy again with all the work that didn’t get done this summer that was originally scheduled.

We are also starting to get the smoke from the fires. It's just hazy outside right now and air quality isn’t bad. Praying they get them under control soon and that the air here doesn’t get much worse.

Getting ready for next week I’m working until Thursday then driving down to Wyoming for a friend’s wedding. It’s going to be a 9-hour drive but I’m so excited it’ll be good to go home for a bit and see some friends and family.

Little photo from the badlands 😊
    g1tajpftrqq5.jpeg
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    KUMEcyclingteam (BJ)

Week 3
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight
    Current weight
    LTD is at 35.6

Pretty sure my weight loss this week is only a direct result from my dedication to taking my Metamucil daily (if you know what I mean, huge *kitten* every day!!!)
    It's been a rather quiet week as exercise goes, but very noisy as far as Mother! She ended up with cellulitis in her left leg. We kept her out of the hospital but had to bring her back daily for an IV treatment. Today was the last day. (Hopefully she is over it, tough lady at 92 right there!)
    ALSO......
    I decided to do a thing this week as many of you inspire me!
    (Disclaimer, this was a practice week, but felt I had to share)

Sunday: 10,768 steps (Off to a raging start!)
    Monday: 3,851 steps (Note to self, this only works if the phone is in yo pocket!)
    Tuesday: 4,979 steps (Not many steps today but at least I'm getting used to having the phone in my pocket..Winning!)
    Wednesday: 3,997 steps (This is how many steps I had at 10:00 am just before I sat on a concrete jersey barrier to tie my shoe and promptly shatter my screen...FML)
    To the I PHONE store I go to get a new screen replacement ..........
    Got the phone back at 1:00 pm the next day (Thursday)
    Thursday: 3,431 steps (Only half of a day...... see above)
    Friday: 6,002 steps so far, Phone is in my front pocket!
    The struggle is really real!
    Pain is the precursor for change, that being said,
    $80 for a phone repair ...... THE PAIN !
    I promise to myself to never carry my phone in my back pocket ever again ..... THE CHANGE !

I may never reach the level of dedication that some of you have for this, Hats off to all you ladies for doing the steps! Now that I think I've worked out the bugs and got my *kitten* together, a goal of 70,000 steps a week is what I'm aiming for.........
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    KUMEcyclingteam (BJ)

Week 3
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight
    Current weight
    LTD is at 35.6

Pretty sure my weight loss this week is only a direct result from my dedication to taking my Metamucil daily (if you know what I mean, huge *kitten* every day!!!)
    It's been a rather quiet week as exercise goes, but very noisy as far as Mother! She ended up with cellulitis in her left leg. We kept her out of the hospital but had to bring her back daily for an IV treatment. Today was the last day. (Hopefully she is over it, tough lady at 92 right there!)
    ALSO......
    I decided to do a thing this week as many of you inspire me!
    (Disclaimer, this was a practice week, but felt I had to share)

Sunday: 10,768 steps (Off to a raging start!)
    Monday: 3,851 steps (Note to self, this only works if the phone is in yo pocket!)
    Tuesday: 4,979 steps (Not many steps today but at least I'm getting used to having the phone in my pocket..Winning!)
    Wednesday: 3,997 steps (This is how many steps I had at 10:00 am just before I sat on a concrete jersey barrier to tie my shoe and promptly shatter my screen...FML)
    To the I PHONE store I go to get a new screen replacement ..........
    Got the phone back at 1:00 pm the next day (Thursday)
    Thursday: 3,431 steps (Only half of a day...... see above)
    Friday: 6,002 steps so far, Phone is in my front pocket!
    The struggle is really real!
    Pain is the precursor for change, that being said,
    $80 for a phone repair ...... THE PAIN !
    I promise to myself to never carry my phone in my back pocket ever again ..... THE CHANGE !

I may never reach the level of dedication that some of you have for this, Hats off to all you ladies for doing the steps! Now that I think I've worked out the bugs and got my *kitten* together, a goal of 70,000 steps a week is what I'm aiming for.........
    Have a great weekend everyone!

BJ, You are a natural-born comedian and an inspiration!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited September 2020
    Announcement!
    lgrm70gs7s1y.jpeg
    We've got a fox in the henhouse!

Ashley and I want to send a big shout out to all of you on the team who inspire us every week. In particular today, we'd like to thank Casey @GingerPwr for being our team motivator. She was very hard to replace and our hats are off to her as she braves the front lines teaching highschool right now.

As she took a break from formally motivating us, a few of you took up the post informally.

To name just two, thank you so much Ann @annliz23 and Debbie @debbiewsharpe for stepping up so naturally with motivation in the form of showing us just how many steps one person can fit into a busy week. We also love your motivational words of the day, inspirational quotes, advice, consistency, and your positive attitude.

Well, help is officially on the way in the form of a fox in the henhouse.

That's right. As soon as Bob @KUMEcyclingteam came back from his well-deserved month off, we just knew he'd add some fun to our motivation each week. We're sure you'll agree now that he's officially started tracking his steps and sharing his care for his lovely (and long-suffering?) mother.

Joking aside, Bob is an athlete in the form of a cyclist, a shift worker ~ in fact, the graveyard shift, and he met his first goal and is now working on his second.

He doesn't have a lot of time to devote, but he has a lot of help from the rest of you. September has been a challenge for some because of going back to work and school. It's been a relief for some who can go back to the gym and church. A worry for those who have health challenges.

We could all use a fox in the henhouse, so let's all thank Bob for stepping in as our official motivator. He may ruffle a few feathers, and we'll all be better for it. Let the fun begin!
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean congratulations that you are almost to goal and breaking your plateau. And that Winnie the Pooh exhibit sounds sooo cute. I’m sure she will love it. Oh 3 is such a precious age. It almost makes me want another one. If we could just skip diapers and bottles and start at 3, I would be all about it.
    I got too busy to post yesterday. I didn’t get my steps I was a t a volleyball game almost all evening. But they did great. My daughter and I were both pretty wiped out last night and it was lights out at 9 pm here. I did well in my eating though and I got plenty of water. The scale is finally moving again. I’ve made it to below 215. That was my first goal. I would like to see 210 before the end of September and 200 by the end of November. But we shall see.im not sure if I will stop at 2 or 180 or 175. We will see how I feel.

Kandi, I must say, being a 'Nana' allows me to skip the diapers and bottles for the most part and participate in so much love and fun.
This discussion has been closed.