Labor Day Goal Achieved ... Time to Set a New One ... What's Yours?

So I met my goal of losing 15 pounds by Labor Day -- YAY! I designated Labor Day as my "free day" and promptly gained 2 pounds back. It's taken me all week to get those 2 pounds off. Now it's time to set a new goal. I have a doctor's appointment on November 5 which is roughly 7 weeks away. I would love to show up with an A1C of 6.5 and a weight loss of 25 pounds. I know this will be a challenge as family birthdays and Halloween stand between me and my goal. I could use all the encouragement I can get!! Anybody want to join me in losing 10 pounds over the next 7 weeks?

September 15: 181.8
September 22:
September 29:
October 6:
October 13:
October 20:
October 27:
November 3:

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I'll join you.

Be nice to have more accountability nearing the holidays.

September 15: 189.8
    September 22:
    September 29:
    October 6:
    October 13:
    October 20:
    October 27:
    November 3:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    YES, I'm glad you started this. :) I was going to but was shy about it. :blush: I am looking to lose 5 lbs. so hope I can be a part?

SW: 136.5
    GW: 131.5

Sept. 14: 136.5
    Sept. 21:
    Sept. 28:
    Oct. 5:
    Oct. 12:
    Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:
    Nov. 2:
  • nancykadolph
    nancykadolph Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks Harper & Reenie! It always helps to know you're not alone in this journey (no matter how much weight loss your goal is).
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    Sure, but I will change it a bit. I want to lost 10lbs by Nov 15 (my 33rd birthday) I have similar struggles between now and then, Halloween of course, but also 3 of my 4 childrens birthdays-Oct 20, Nov 8, and Nov 12 (ya we are busy then)

September 16: 147.6
    September 23:
    September 30:
    October 7:
    October 14:
    October 21:
    October 28:
    November 4:
    November 11:
  • nancykadolph
    @Angmarie28 - We have our son's birthday 10/9, my brother-in-law's birthday 10/10, and my daughter's birthday 10/11. I just know when my son's birthday hits, I blink and the year is over and I've gained 15 pounds!! :p
  • Saskatchebun
    Saskatchebun Posts: 46 Member
    I'd like to join! I met my goal for Labour Day early and then gained a bit back but I understand there are fluctuations and we just keep going! My goal is to lose 7 lbs! That would put me at 148.2...I haven't even been this weight in 7 years (I was 145 when I got married in 2013).

September 15: 155.2
    September 22:
    September 29:
    October 6:
    October 13:
    October 20:
    October 27:
    November 3:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    @Angmarie28 - We have our son's birthday 10/9, my brother-in-law's birthday 10/10, and my daughter's birthday 10/11. I just know when my son's birthday hits, I blink and the year is over and I've gained 15 pounds!! :p

Oh you have a busy week too. We used to have another one in that week in november, but He passed away this year. Its crazy because my son and mines birthdays are 1 week apart, and in that week we have had 4 birthdays, In our house, lol.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    We have four birthdays in five days in my family and another one five days after that: my mother and I share a birthday; my elder great niece's birthday is two days later, and my younger great niece's another two days later. Five days after that is my middle niece's birthday.
  • nancykadolph
    @Saskatchebun Yes, please join us! The more the merrier!!

In our family of 5, the birthdays start in October and end in December. As if the holidays weren't crazy enough!! I'm hoping to still be losing weight when mine rolls around at the beginning of December, but I can't guarantee anything!!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    edited September 2020
    hey, nancykadolph - good idea! i was thinking about christmas or new year as a milestone, but november 11 is sooner :D

i'd be ok with losing 5 pounds in 8 weeks, but 10 pounds would probably get my blood sugar down to normal.

September 16: 163
    September 23:
    September 30:
    October 7:
    October 14:
    October 21:
    October 28:
    November 4:
    November 11:
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    And after all that birthday stuff, I forgot to post mine. I am with y'all too, if I may. At my current rate of loss, I am something over two months from my goal weight of 75kg.

September 15: 80.3 kg (177 lbs)
    September 22:
    September 29:
    October 6:
    October 13:
    October 20:
    October 27:
    November 3:
  • ReenieHJ
    @msalicia07
    Hugs to you!!
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @msalicia07
    Hugs to you!!

Thank you!!! Hugs back :blush:
  • copaceticx292
    copaceticx292 Posts: 6 Member
    I'd like to try the challenge! This will be my first time trying one of these. Thanks for the motivation!

SW: 178.6
    GW: 170.0

Sept. 18: 178.6
    Sept. 21:
    Sept. 28:
    Oct. 5:
    Oct. 12:
    Oct. 19:
    Oct. 26:
    Nov. 2:
  • nancykadolph
    I love this kind of support for each other. Feel free to say encouraging words at any time, not just at the weekly check-ins. We all need uplifting and inspiration to achieve our goals! <3
  • gininme
    gininme Posts: 16 Member
    I'd like to join in this challenge. Just to be accountable even if I don't lose much will be a feat for me. Thanks for the start.

September 18: 139
    September 22:
    September 29:
    October 6:
    October 13:
    October 20:
    October 27:
    November 3:
  • ReenieHJ
    Slow and steady......think positive! I can do this. I can do this. I am worth it.
  • nancykadolph
    Gotta admit, I'm struggling today. It seems if I go even slightly over 1200 calories in a day, I immediately have a gain. It's disheartening when losing is soooo sloooow. Honestly, I must've been eating about 7,000 calories a day before I started tracking, yet I maintained my weight (at 199, but still :D ). It's discouraging, but I'm trusting in the process and still hoping for a loss this week. Ugh ... why is gaining weight so easy and losing weight so hard??!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • nancykadolph
    Welcome aboard @charmmeth, @zebasschick, @msalicia07, @copaceticx292 and @gininme!! Let's keep each other motivated and strong, whether we lose weight or not. For me, it's not gonna be a sprint, it's gonna be a marathon. I'll be your cheerleader!! Rah Rah (insert pom-poms here)!!