60 yrs and up

Replies

• karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    Have an awesome weekend, my friends.

Platelet donation on Sunday. Hopefully some food prep over the weekend. Got some steak marinating for jerky now, so will dry that tomorrow. Need to spend some time with my granddaughter.

What's on your agenda for the next few days!

Doing some major house cleaning. Getting ready to put our house up for sale. The housing market is hot right now so no better time then the present.

Steve, Happy grandkid time.

Trekkie: Good Luck with thselling the house. One of my kids recently refinanced, another is in the middle of buying a new house. Hot market and low mortgage rates.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

Platelet donation on Sunday. Hopefully some food prep over the weekend. Got some steak marinating for jerky now, so will dry that tomorrow. Need to spend some time with my granddaughter.

Doing some major house cleaning. Getting ready to put our house up for sale. The housing market is hot right now so no better time then the present.

Where are you planning to move when your house sells?
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Hello, fellow geezers.
    I just joined the 60+ club on Sep 9. Started a month ago at 245 with a goal of 165. Currently 239.
    Have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks for your fellowship.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member
    Jack_NYC wrote: »
    Hello, fellow geezers.
    I just joined the 60+ club on Sep 9. Started a month ago at 245 with a goal of 165. Currently 239.
    Have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks for your fellowship.

Fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!
  • trekkie123

Trekkie: Good Luck with thselling the house. One of my kids recently refinanced, another is in the middle of buying a new house. Hot market and low mortgage rates.

Thanks!!!
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Anyone watch football Thursday night?!? Go Chiefs!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    Walking outside and yard work almost impossible with heavy smoke in the air.....lots of time riding the exercise bike and dancing indoors.
  • alteredsteve175
    Greetings, seasoned citizens! Hope everyone is doing well.

Did some work and some food prep over the weekend. Two long walks with the dog - the skies are hazy but the the smoke doesn't bother me. Donated platelets Sunday morning.

My granddaughter was away so I missed my Jillie time. The only mild downer in an otherwise good weekend.

Have an awesome week, all!
  • airbeat
    airbeat Posts: 82 Member
    Hello everyone. I would like to join in with the 60+ group here. I'm 71 and back at it again wanting to get down to my goal. Currently starting at 288 and looking to lose 60lbs and then see where I go from there. I've been on many diets before and Low Carb high protein seems to work the best for me. Just got back from my first workout at the gym. Taking it easy to start as I've made that mistake before trying too hard. Hope to be a regular this time. There is some great support here I see. Congratulations to all who are making it happen!
  • rwecker5782
    rwecker5782 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello All. I'm tired of seeing my carefully cultivated wardrobe that no longer fits crowded in my closet! I have been the same weight my entire life (except for pregnancy) without any effort whatsoever (I know, totally sickening, isn't it?) So, after menopause I finally understood what most of the world population already knew. I find myself 20 pounds over what I consider to be what I should weigh, and have been able to lose 10 pounds at times, and then go right back up to what I fear is my new set point. I am determined to track food intake, improve sleep habits, reduce alcohol intake, and exercise again. I am NOT exercising to lose weight, but to stay strong and active while I am still alive!!!! I know it will help with metabolism, but also know diet is the key to weight loss. I've used similar apps when the weight gain first happened, but this one seems to be more complete and user friendly. I am looking forward to sharing with, and supporting everyone here.
  • rwecker5782
    I've been stuck at home since Mid March, 2020, and now I'm actually stuck IN THE HOUSE since August 17 due to smoke. I find myself no longer enjoying activities I used to, and my sleep troubles have returned. The good news is I know what to do about it! Myfitnesspal will help me out of this, and I will become healthier due to these adversities. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am grateful.
  • trekkie123
    airbeat wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I would like to join in with the 60+ group here. I'm 71 and back at it again wanting to get down to my goal. Currently starting at 288 and looking to lose 60lbs and then see where I go from there. I've been on many diets before and Low Carb high protein seems to work the best for me. Just got back from my first workout at the gym. Taking it easy to start as I've made that mistake before trying too hard. Hope to be a regular this time. There is some great support here I see. Congratulations to all who are making it happen!

Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • alteredsteve175
    edited September 2020
    Greetings to all the new posters in this thread. The mutual support and encouragement that you get here is the best feature of MFP. Keep checking in and sharing your experiences.
  • veggiepat
    veggiepat Posts: 127 Member
    That sounds great Teresa! Have to try it! Yum! Made something like that this morning, like an omelet with greens and tomatoes. Yay!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    t9507.gif
  • alteredsteve175
    New breakfast taste treat I thought I'd share: I mix up an egg and pour into a small skillet, making it about the size of a mini pizza. Sprinkle dried rosemary, mixture of feta & shredded parmesan cheeses (try to keep it at 20g total for both) Cover it while it cooks because the feta never completely melts. Pretty tasty.

That sounds yummy, Teresa! 👍

Let's all try to keep this thread going. I try to check in every two or three days. Hopefully will have a little more time when winter gets here. Have an awesome weekend, all!

• rwecker5782
    I connected the MFP, MapMyWalk, and Sleep Cycle apps to my Health app on my iPhone. I just started using these after starting MFP again. I like keeping track of things, and these apps work so well together. Depending on how they play out over time, I just might have to get me an apple watch!