I’M BACK ! : LOST, RE-GAINED (50%) and LOST it - Thank goodness

13»

Replies

• JFKoskey
    JFKoskey Posts: 5 Member
    Wow! You look like a completely different person! Congratulations and great work!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    There's the thread, 'What nobody tells you about weight loss'. You should start one, What nobody tells you about Maintenance. This is your success story but you need to tell us what was going through your head as you were going through all of this the second time. I want to know.

Might give that some thought... Thank you!
  • NikonPal
    JFKoskey wrote: »
    Wow! You look like a completely different person! Congratulations and great work!

Funny you would say that... My granddaughter (age 5) had recently saw my daughters wedding video and said "Grandma you look exactly the same, but Grandpa you don't look the same at all." LOL
  • sl1200mkII
    sl1200mkII Posts: 4 Member
    having to buy new clothes is one of the best problems to have!
  • NikonPal
    sl1200mkII wrote: »
    having to buy new clothes is one of the best problems to have!

You are SO CORRECT! I must say there have been some fabulous deals given all that has happened with the pandemic. Also - being able to not shop Big and Tall has saved tons of $. Happy shopping to you!
  • NikonPal
    Someone I know indicated they thought I was doing a “calorie restriction diet” so I thought I’d post a brief comment.

I don’t restrict calories as much as I “track” where calories come from etc. for meal prep to be sure I am eating healthy fats, moderate amounts of protein and low carbs (keeping insulin levels low). I eliminated almost all sugar / refined carbs from my diet and keep a focus on nutrition and satiation (that results in a natural reduction in calories consumed). In the past, calorie restriction alone has always meant short-term weight loss, but not long-term success.

Everything eaten since 5/13/2019 (16/8 Intermittent Fasting start date) consists of foods I like and knew I would continue to like after reaching my goal weight. I love to cook and use a food scale etc. along with MyFitnessPal app. – I enjoy doing it…it isn’t something that drives me crazy. Meal photos are sort of a visual diary for me.

Of course, intermittent fasting is not for everyone and people need to do what works for them as an individual.

qauxb4zdanuw.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!