Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Sunday check in. My weight was down 2 pounds today after my ice cream and cupcakes. I didn’t get my steps but I shoveled a lot of dirt. That counts for something. I’m currently searching for my fit bit. I may have lost it at the party. If I did I won’t be able to track my steps until I get a new one. I made taco salad for dinner and a spinach and egg bake for breakfast. Both were very good and I have 1100 calories for the day. So I’m in target. My weight was up for weigh in and I was a little disappointed but I guess it must have been water retention as it was gone today. So I’m excited to see what happens this week with a jump start from last week. At 212.6 I’m sure I can make 210 by the end of the month.
    @debbiewsharpe thank you for all of your encouragement. You’re absolutely right we can do it. We can achieve the results we want if we set realistic goals and work toward them. You are awesome!! And I’m glad you’re feet are less painful and you’re catching up on computer work.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx slow progress is the best progress. They say if you lose it to fast it comes right back. It’s changing patterns in the way we eat and excessive slowly that attains life long results. You’re going amazing.
    @cafelelia that party looked amazing. I’m glad you had fun. I think that’s the best way to do it at special events. I try to make healthier choices but sometimes there just are none, and eating is such a social behavior. And we all need some respite from all of our hard work to relax and enjoy. I’m glad it turned it well for you.
    @mainebeachbum I’m soo glad you asked if we rolled over into the next month. I had been wondering that a few days ago. But hadn’t gotten around to asking. And I’m happy to be here for the long haul. 😁
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Sunday check in
    Steps 8285
    Walk nope not today
    Water 32 oz bad, I know
    Food prelogged for breakfast and lunch tomorrow, not sure about supper yet...
  • mainebeachbum
    Almost forgot! Great job, team on the 2nd place finish and the 1st place in the Green Challenge!
  • mainebeachbum

Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 234.4 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 231.6lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 30.4 lbs
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 414 Member
    CONGRATS TO THE TEAM FOR 2ND PLACE AND 1ST IN THE GREEN CHALLENGE!

@CassieGetsFit
    Holding steady with your weight, keep that 1 in the front, you can do it!

@theresamcvean
    Thanks for the information on signing up for October. Good to know that we just continue. I am feeling like I am settling in here. This is a great group! Love the personal interaction.

@x¬phoenixisrising_Xx
    Nice loss! Slow and steady is a good thing. Glad the weights are working for you.

@tryingagain5
    Congrats on the raise, a pleasant surprise. The church sale went really well, congratulations! My church has a supper every other month as a fundraiser, stopped due to Covid! I and 3 other ladies set up the fellowship hall like a nice restaurant and most everyone in our small community comes. We usually cook for about 100-125 people. All the ladies and a few gents bring homemade desserts for us to serve as well. I usually bake a few cakes in addition to cooking the meal. It is a lot of work but has become a social event that we all enjoyed. I hope we can do it again next year.

@kandi3570
    Yay, down 2 pounds! All that hard work paid off. I sure hope that you find your fitbit!

@mainbeachbum
    Love the pre-logging, bet it helps you to stay on track. Nice loss this week.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON...........................
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    edited September 2020
    Happy Week Four, Everybody!

It's officially getting into fall weather here, and I was extremely excited to find that my (non-yoga) pants still fit, even after all of the Covid-19 stress eating, and bloating, and socially distanced barbecues, and... I digress.

Around this time last year, I was enjoying my final week in France (I went to France for 3 months in 2019 for work, for those of you who haven't been tracking my movements for the past year). And, looking back at it, I gained more while overseas than I did during the pandemic - I've actually LOST weight since March, which is such an odd thought to have, since there's so much talk about gaining the Covid 19 during Covid-19. During such a tumultuous time in my life, this brought me far more comfort than I thought I could find.

For those of you who feel hopeless or nearing a state of hopelessness, I highly recommend reflecting back on the person you used to be, and how far you've come, regardless of how far you have left to go.

Best-Inspirational-Quotes-26.jpg
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/20 steps 14495
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    The Fall Equinox is happening this week! Join this week's challenge to celebrate with a pileup of great habits -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10810606/fall-is-here-pile-up-some-wins#latest
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    If you haven't already, head on over to @minstrelofsarcasm aka Ashley's blog. You'll be smarter for it. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/minstrelofsarcasm
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 978 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:4
    PW (Previous Weight): 203.0
    CW (Current Weight): 202.8

Another but very slight loss. Anything lost is always better than a gain.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Good job on your weekend! Keep it up!
    It was busy. Glad I didn't have to work Friday night. Thanks, we were glad the sale was successful too. It was hard to know if it would be or not and you never know with the weather with having it outside.

I was also happy and thankful to get a raise.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @debbiewsharpe
    Thanks, the raise was a pleasant surprise and having the sale do so well was also great.

Having a dinner every other month sounds like a lot of fun but also a lot of work. Doing that ad a fundraiser is a good idea. People love to eat!😉 I hope you will get to do it again too.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Sunday check in
    Good post-party day of IF, clean up, prep for the week and family time. To all of you Canadians on the team, Cdn Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks, so time to put together a plan! Hope that everyone has a good Monday!
    @minstrelofsarcasm - Love you blog!
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Monday check in. I got my steps I’m short calories. It was a manic Monday with lots to do but since 630 when I got home it has been a very nice day. Me and my daughter cleaned and we’ve been listening to music tonight. It’s peaceful here for once. I hope you all have a good evening. And a great day tomorrow. I’m making a turkey roast and mashed potatoes for dinner tomorrow. I’m not sure what vegetable I’ll throw together. I still eat potatoes on occasion but a half of a cup is all I allow myself. I can have as much turkey and vegetables as I need to fill me.
  • mainebeachbum
    Monday check in
    Steps 9319
    Walk 26 min
    Water 72 oz
    Prelogged yep

Today I hit >30# lost. I’m averaging about 10# a month which is pretty good for where I’m at.

My new goal is Onederland by New Year’s Day. It’s totally possible if I stay on this track.

I got really close 5 years ago, made it to 206# but then a back injury derailed me. I very slowly gained it back, like 10# a years so it crept up without me noticing much day to day, which is kinda sad. I was busy with a kid in high school and increased responsibilities at work, building a house and moving. Now my work has settled down, kid’s in college, have no plans to move...so nothing should stop me! Right?! Halloween candy, Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas cookies........
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    00/21 steps 11435
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello team and happy Tuesday. Its a beautiful day outside and I am just having a great day. I hope everyone is doing well!
    Sheryl
This discussion has been closed.