Finding Friends

It's been a while since I've had a MFP account. Last time, I was able to search for friends like you would on Facebook, not people I know but members and request them to be friends (they could accept or decline). That option is gone now and I'm only seeing how to search for friends is by username or email. I do not know anyone using MFP so I do not have any friends on here. Am I missing something? Is there still a way to request people to be friends without previously knowing their email or username?

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I've never known of a way to find/add friends on here without clicking their profile (in the forums), or putting in a user name or email. If you mean finding 'real life' friends who also use MFP, you may need to reach out to them by email and send your profile link for them to add you?
  • dietingright
    dietingright Posts: 8 Member
    I need a friend!! I’ve gain so much weight since Covid started, I’m not working, I do try to walk my dogs regularly but now with the California wildfires the air is so bad I cannot. I’m not sure what to do, short of reducing my calorie intake to 1000, I could use advice encouragement and conversation! Please help
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I need a friend!! I’ve gain so much weight since Covid started, I’m not working, I do try to walk my dogs regularly but now with the California wildfires the air is so bad I cannot. I’m not sure what to do, short of reducing my calorie intake to 1000, I could use advice encouragement and conversation! Please help

Do something inside for fitness. Look up Leslie Sansone on You Tube.

As for calories in, unless you are very short or elderly, 1000 is too low. Put your stats in MFP for 1 pound per week loss rate. What is your calorie assignment?
  • klw49
    klw49 Posts: 6 Member
    I will be your friend. How is it done?
  • mray5894
    mray5894 Posts: 13 Member
    go on to "COMMUNITY"....click & read thru "MESSAGE BOARDS" menu.....u will find "MOTIVATION and SUPPORT"....click & search.....HOP THAT HELPS =))'
  • TracyAG2020
    TracyAG2020 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I'd love new friends, I've just joined and don't want to get to the point that I'm struggling and have no one to chat with. Let's support each other, keep our motivation going, happy to chat too, please add me ☺️