Down 110 pounds (325 to 215)

Replies

• Photometric4567
    Photometric4567 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats! Can you share some of the habit changes you made that stuck and helped create good habits?
  • lloydjc
    lloydjc Posts: 15 Member
    awesome job!
  • lessfatdad
    lessfatdad Posts: 7 Member
    amazing loss.
  • erniewebbiii
    erniewebbiii Posts: 1,174 Member
    oharras wrote: »
    I'll bet your health has improved with the weight loss...keep up the great work, great benefits and great payoffs!

I definitely feel a lot younger. Thanks.
  • erniewebbiii
    Firefly743 wrote: »
    WOW! That is absolutely inspiring! Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

Thank you!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Nicely and inspiringly done!! Look at those guns! That cute little baby in the first picture should be super proud of you now at 16.
  • noone8850
    noone8850 Posts: 10 Member
    thats good stuff!!!
  • erniewebbiii
    Great job, awesome man!

Thanks!
  • erniewebbiii
    Congrats! Can you share some of the habit changes you made that stuck and helped create good habits?

Sure. 1. I stopped eating dairy and sugar. 2. I started eating almost entirely organic. 3. I work out. A lot. From 2011 to 2016, it was running and some weights. Since then, it's been weights and stair climber.

Things I absolutely will not consume: Any soda not made with Stevia, and even that is in moderation. Dairy. It sucks, because I love pizza, nachos, etc. We use Daiya cheese.
  • erniewebbiii
    lloydjc wrote: »
    awesome job!

Thank you.
  • HealAndHonor
    HealAndHonor Posts: 12 Member

Sure. 1. I stopped eating dairy and sugar. 2. I started eating almost entirely organic. 3. I work out. A lot. From 2011 to 2016, it was running and some weights. Since then, it's been weights and stair climber.

Things I absolutely will not consume: Any soda not made with Stevia, and even that is in moderation. Dairy. It sucks, because I love pizza, nachos, etc. We use Daiya cheese.

I saw your thread on my recommended to check posts and it's super inspiring to see! Awesome job!

This is my first ever post in the forums (least from this account before I stepped away). My highest weight was 300lbs+ back in September of 2016 then got down to 219lbs in June 2017. I switched lifestyles (read the last paragraph) and then found the junk food alternatives which I've been cutting down on only recently, but, it definitely made me go back up to 295lbs (or more)!

As of August 1st, 2020 I weighed 268.1lbs and I am down to (as of September 11th) 261.4lbs. I don't do my best to restrict myself. I just use MFP as a tool to help see where I am at. The thing which helped me learn about my hunger signals and cut down on heavier 'late-night snacking' was that I noticed that I unintentionally sometimes do 'Intermittent Fasting' (16 hours fasting, 8-hour eating window).

I wasn't always super hungry in the mornings, even as a kid. (The benefit of working from home and be my own 'boss' means I can sleep in)! I usually drink water to get my body prepared for the day. Once a little more awake I will usually either have some tea or coffee (somedays with added stuff in coffee, otherwise black). Then within an hour or so of the time I awake, I write down things I am looking forward to in my day, what sounds good for lunch/a meal and go use the bathroom. I also somedays will meditate for 5 minutes to 15 minutes (been getting back into it with the app Insight). Then I start eating around 11AM to 2PM and eat till 7PM or 9PM (usually cut off around 8PM).

I used to eat Daiya when I still lived in America, I would recommend Violife which has more of the 'cheese flavor' you may be missing! I always tell people to not compare Vegan/Plant-Based cheese to what they are used to or they would be disappointed, but, our palette's change over time! (I'm a Vegan for other reasons than a 'diet', by definition that was coined in the 1940s I follow: Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose).

In my opinion? I don't think many replacements can fill the 'void' most have that regular cow's milk cheese can provide you know? I was addicted to it myself and had it on accident before moving to where I am now (the Netherlands, closed distanced gap between husband and I) by ordering a bean burrito from Taco Bell and said potatoes with rice as well and no cheese (they left it on). I got very sick that day and I remembered that if you cut out dairy for an extended time, our body DNA changes to where we become lactose intolerant (or sensitive to those types of foods). Thankful I'm not addicted anymore, but, finding a good replacement helps so I figured why not give my recommendation!

Sorry for the long reply, but, it's nice to see I am not the only one here who eats junk sometimes and just does their best to focus on being better than they were previously. Keep up the awesome work! It'd be awesome to keep in touch if you'd like, it's up to you. The same goes for anyone here! I added you to my friendslist. :)
  • erniewebbiii
    lessfatdad wrote: »
    amazing loss.

Thank you!
  • erniewebbiii
    Congrats on your success! I know how you feel. Been big all my life- had 2 Bariatric procedures (Stomach stapling 1990 and RNY in 2014) with little long term success. When my wife asked me for a Divorce Jan 5th my world was shattered. I vowed to change myself. Result? Jan 16th I was 455lbs. Today I am down to 320lbs and still dropping. 135 lbs in 7 months. By changing my lifestyle. I exercise, food journal faithfully and work at improving myself every day. I wish you, and anyone that reads this continued success, believe in yourself..you can accomplish great things!

That's awesome, man. Great job and keep going. Also, I started dating my wife when I was 260 pounds. She was 5-5, 118 pounds. Not everybody is superficial. Good luck to you.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Fantastic, Inspiring
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    You look much younger if you were going for that. B)
  • erniewebbiii
    Nicely and inspiringly done!! Look at those guns! That cute little baby in the first picture should be super proud of you now at 16.

Thank you. That's actually my niece. I do have three stepkids who consider me their dad, though :)
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Great job!
  • erniewebbiii
    noone8850 wrote: »
    thats good stuff!!!

Thank you, sir.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Congratulations! My situation is very similar to yours. I started at 329 pounds on July 10th, 2020 and am now (Sept 28th) at 306 pounds. My goal is 220 pounds, 109 pounds below where I started.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!