🏖🎡💕💖💕 SEPTEMBER 💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴🌳💕💖💕🌳🌴🌵🎍🌾

Looking forward:
    You are not stuck at home
    You are SAFE at home
    One word can change your attitude
    One cough can change your life

Take care! Stay safe!

August focus: improving stamina, strength, flexibility, which may impact the scale
    Aims:
    2020 Focus:
    • Stabilise weight around 145
    • Strengthen strategies to reframe the tendency to use unhealthy snack food as a reward/treat.
    • Make sure I have prepared healthy snacks available
    • Cut down on eating between meals by keeping busy
    Never give up! Never give in!
    Recent Back Story:
    2018 goal: get back down to 160 ✅
    2019 goal: proceed down to 150 ✅ with 2 months to spare
    2020 goal: maintain below 150 dropping slowly down to 145 ✅ Working on it. Strength training has slowed progress, but that’s okay.
    That's a WIN in my book!
    Focus: maintenance! I might even manage to lose a bit more ever so slowly.
    JGM10D ~|~ Round 124
    cuwtg51y7r58.jpg
    🔹Posting weight and comments each evening.
    🔹Age 74;🔹Height 5’2”🔹Female🔹
    🔹SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    🔹1 Aug 2019: 171.1
    🔹GW 2019: < 155 ✅
    🔹1 Aug 2020: 149.8
    🔹LW: 147.2 (Mar 2020)
    🔹Focus: maintenance around 150 lbs

I am MINDFUL of making heathy choices
    to MAXIMISE the achievement of my goals!
    ==============================
    Giving up is NOT an option! I KNOW I am doing this!
    Round 125 EW: 152.2:
    We thoroughly enjoyed our celebration day on the 12th. Phone calls and messages, and a garden visit from DED and her dogs. 💦 Water is up over 5% (having an analytical scale is very reassuring) which will go in a day or two. This is what maintenance is all about. The occasional indulgent day does little harm in the long run.
    (Goal: Maintenance ✅)

==============================
    14/09: 151.6: As expected, water weight is going ✅ Goals 🌟Stayed on track so should be back down in a day or two.
    15/09: 151.7: Goals 🌟
    16/09: 151.6: Goals 🌟The weight seldom goes as fast as it comes 😂 This is what maintenance is all about. It’s a matter of informed choices and acceptance of the consequences.
    17/09: 151.4: Goals 🌟 Little by little 😂
    18/09: 151.2: Goals 🌟
    19/09: 151.3: Goals 🌟
    20/09: 151.2: Goals 🌟
    21/09: 151.4: Goals 🌟
    22/09: 151.2: Goals 🌟 One day to go to next round.
    23/09: xxx: Goals

Last few Rounds
    Round 125 EW: 152.2🌻
    Round 124 EW: 149.4🌻
    Round 123 EW 150.2🌻
    Round 122 EW 150.1🌻-0.5
    Round 121 EW 150.6🌻+0.5
    Round 120 EW 150.1🌻-1.2
    Round 110 EW 148.2🌻+ 1
    Round 109 EW 147.2🌻 - 1.1
    June 2017: Round 8 SW 162; EW 169.9 This was my first round!!! I faffed about for 2 1/2 years before I got back on track!!!
    Daily Goals
    Food
    🔹log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    Exercise:
    🔹7,500+ Steps daily
    🔹30 + minutes intentional exercise
    Mind/Body/Soul/Spirit
    🔹Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
    🔹Practice Self-care
    🔹Positively reframe thoughts
    🔹Learn something new
    🔹15 mins Daily Declutter session

https://www.random.org/colors/hex
    Purple: #ff4968.
    569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS One or two thoughts which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Deviette I think the problem people have with weekends is the lack of routine they follow during the work week. It’s time to relax, enjoy and entertain. I had a problem when I retired with too much time on my hands, hence my gradual gain to almost 200#!

My problem with weekends is no structure/routine as well. If I'm able to stay busy, it is easy for me to forget until I begin to feel nauseous or faint (especially I'm doing something physical - faintness can come fast). Otherwise, I don't necessarily feel I go over calories unless there's some event, but, instead, I lack movement. Yesterday was mostly sitting watching football from noon to 1030pm! Luckily my calories were high which forced me to get up during commercials and halftime to move and reach step goals, but usually I'm not good at tracking on weekends due to time and computer access.

@quiltingjaine Mmmm, I can understand that. I did put on a load of weight when I was unemployed (and now I'm trying to get it off again *sigh*)

@CamandJarvis I normally find the reverse true for me, my weekdays are so inactive, but the weekend I'm always busy. I do probably have a better routine at the weekend however. Flexitime at work is great, but it does mean that my weekday working hours are a little...flexible.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,020 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    @CamandJarvis I normally find the reverse true for me, my weekdays are so inactive, but the weekend I'm always busy. I do probably have a better routine at the weekend however. Flexitime at work is great, but it does mean that my weekday working hours are a little...flexible.

My weekends are really dependent on what's going on around town and weather. Football will give some level of routine, but not the best one there is. Luckily I get really into it, so I'll be jumping up and down, fidgeting, etc to keep semi-active. But things get crazy a lot. Exampe: I've been drinking my morning coffee on a Saturday only for BF to come in and say "get the swimsuit, we're going to the river" and that's that. I either sit at home and do nothing or I go cool off and have fun at the river with almost no notice. (BTW, I went to the river - thankfully the army taught me to get ready quickly haha)

My weeks, however, I have a rigid work schedule so it keeps me in line and focused there. Working from home (and starting a new job remote so little exposure and training) has left gaps in my day, but I fill those with household chores and errands I need to run.
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    edited September 2020
    29 yo female
    5’2” Small frame according to my wrist circumference
    SW 126.2 (April 14th, 2020)
    Highest lifetime weight: 138 lbs. August 2011
    Goal Weight: 110
    Previous rounds: 125.2 -> 122.8 -> 121.6 -> 121.2 -> 119.8-> 119.4 -> 117.8 ->116.6 -> 117.2 ->117.2->114.8 ->116.8 -> 116.4 -> 114.0 -> 115
    Goal weight for this round: I really want to see 113 this round. I’m almost positive it can happen!
    Another goal: Embrace the scale fluctuations and not get flustered.

Previous days

09/14 115.2 We did a soccer workout this morning with a lower intensity. That worked well because my body just wasn’t feeling quite right. I feel really sleepy today for some reason even though I feel like I slept okay.
    Typical day food wise, I’ve been enjoying my switch in the morning by having eggs with thin sliced cheddar on Dave’s Killer Multi grain toast and then the other slice I add peanut butter and a drizzle of honey and have a side of fruit. Then, for my snack I’ll have fruit with yogurt and granola. Dinner tonight will be leftover roasted cabbage with CSA salad greens and whatever else I decide to add to it…I’m thinking I’ll eat more cantaloupe and yogurt for dessert because we are getting more melons in our share today!

09/15 114.0 Woo, back down to 114 😊. I’m happy I’ve been seeing this number more over the past month. It makes me know it’s more of my real weight now and not a low fluctuation. I went for a nice walk with my father in law this morning, and as we were heading back we spotted my husband walking back as well. I decided to extend my walk and my husband joined me on the extension, so it was a nice morning of walking a little less than 6 miles. The slightly cooler temps in our apartment are making it easier to sleep better, and I’m so happy about that. Sleep is so vital for me because if I don’t sleep well, I’m useless for the day when it comes to getting much done with work and whatever else. Food is looking pretty good for today, toast with egg and cheese for breakfast, roast pork with mashed potatoes for dinner with carrots and salad. I’m also excited to try the plums for my snack today that we got from our CSA yesterday!

09/16 114.0 We did a great soccer workout this morning! I’m excited today to go to the city and get my flu shot (not really excited for the shot, but it’s an excuse for all of my colleagues to meet outside and then eat lunch in the bright sun after we all get poked) I haven’t seen them in person since March, so it will be nice to have a real conversation and not on Skype or Zoom! I have a peanut butter sandwich on Dave’s Killer Multigrain bread packed and a fruit salad (apple, nectarine, and black berries) with yogurt for dessert 😊. Dinner will be roasted chicken drum sticks with salad and I will save room for lemon polenta cake that was given to us last night as part of the dinner train. Have a wonderful day everyone!

09/17 114.2 Went for a nice walk this morning and enjoyed the 60 degree weather. We plan on heading to NH tomorrow night to get away for a couple nights, and I’m so happy about that! Yesterday’s food went well and I stayed the course, except for adding roasted radishes and beets to dinner last night. This summer I realized that I love roasted radishes! They are so good roasted and get very mild tasting 😊. On the menu tonight for dinner is spinach ravioli with sauteed spigariello (also know as broccoli leaf), tomatoes, and scallions. The ravioli are good because they calories aren’t the worst for something quick. The entire package of 6 large ravioli are 410 calories. So my dinner should only clock in at 600ish calories with the sides. Busy day with work and just now getting around to posting! Have a good rest of your day!

09/18 114.2 We did a solid soccer workout this morning! It felt so good and I had lots of energy for it. I think I ate more than usual yesterday and I wonder if that helped my workout this morning. It makes me contemplate a much slower loss and only give myself a 100 calorie deficit instead of a 200-250 one during the week (on the weekend I give myself only a 75 calorie deficit). I’ll have to experiment and see how I feel. It could also be where I’m at in my cycle and it’s during the time where I’m supposed to have more energy for higher intensity workouts. So, who knows? What I do know is that I lost a pound of water weight during my workout today because I was 113.2 post workout. I weight myself after just to see how much I need to hydrate afterwards.
    This afternoon we are off to NH, so I probably won’t be posting on Saturday or Sunday. We plan on going for a drive to go through some towns we’ve never been to and also waving to the Canadian border because I’ve never been up that far by car. (We went to Jasper, Canada by plane about 4 or 5 years ago...my goodness was that place SPECTACULARLY BEAUTIFUL! Oh how I miss it there!)
    Well, have a good weekend everyone!
    09/19 away
    09/20 away
    09/21 117.6 Ugh, salty foods all weekend. I really didn’t want to even post that but I’m back to it today. I know it’s salt but it’s still really annoying. We went for a chilly 4 mile walk this morning. I don’t think I’m ready for the chilly weather yet but just have to accept it’s here. Looking forward to eating some healthier food today. I plan on making a soup to use up some greens that didn’t get eaten from the CSA. I think I’ll put some beans and scallions in it too! Typing this out reminds me that I need to go soak some cannellini beans for the soup.

09/22 115.8 We did a nice soccer workout this morning with lots of running because it was a frosty 38 degrees this morning! Last night, the bean and greens soup came out pretty good. When I have some today, I think I’m going to add more spices to jazz it up a bit and change up the flavor a touch.

Breakfast this morning will be oatmeal with apples, blueberries, peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. I’m not sure what my snack will be, but dinner will be Harrow’s chicken pot pie that is part of the dinner train. I plan on having some soup on the side to help fill me up before eating the chicken pot pie. Heading back I the right direction again 😊.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    edited September 2020
    @CamandJarvis A few rounds ago I was especially thirsty. The more water I drank, the thirstier I'd get, even drinking 120+ oz of water on the daily. I still take a full water bottle with me to bed and drink about 10 oz during the night. One of our folks on here thought maybe I was in was ketosis. Anyway, still thirsty. Still pounding the H20. Guess there is no harm in it since my numbers are not in the pre-diabetic range.