Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@AustinRuadhain Glad to see you checking in! <3 I totally agree with Katmary71 and I’m not worried about you either. You know exactly what to do to keep those pants fitting perfectly. Be kind to yourself during these stressful times.

@Hilogirl2018 I just got a lumbar cushion for my office chair to see if that helps and I have a pillow for the couch. I have been researching and I’m convinced that it is sciatic nerve pain. I have all the correct symptoms. The twisting and turning wildly during the boxing program definitely didn’t help me. I’m going to look up specific exercises to do and commit myself to them. Weight fluctuations are frustrating but we know they happen. You will see those 130’s soon!! B)

@anido1 I totally get that you are upset with yourself. I have had those exact conversations with myself often. But it really doesn’t do us any favors to beat ourselves up. Make a commitment to yourself that even if you stumble along the way, you will NEVER give up trying. I really think that is the most important key to gaining success. Now get outside and enjoy this weather! :smile:

@Jactop Wayyyy to hold it steady! :grin:

@buniphuphu Totally agree with that WW leader!! It really is about the everyday choices we make and yet we will focus on our indulgence to the point of beating the crap out of ourselves instead of patting ourselves on the back for all the good choices we make. Why is it so easy to give positive feedback to others and we so struggle doing it to ourselves? Good job on all that swimming and for your weight loss this week! B)

@trooworld I LOVE the new goals that you are setting for yourself each week. I am also a card-carrying member of the clean plate club and that doesn’t help at all when I’m trying to learn to eat until satisfied and not stuff it all in. I’m going to join you this week and will go make my sticky notes right now!! Maybe we should tie a string around a finger on our eating hand so we will remember. :grin:

@Cornanda “green bean hungry” is awesome! I’m stealing that idea too!! I really want to extend my fasting past when my body starts griping for food. I will ask myself if I’m hungry enough to eat a green bean before I beak my fast. I don’t like green beans very much so that is a good food choice. :grin: How are you doing this week?

Good morning team! Yesterday I took my mom out shopping and we ended up eating out at Cracker Barrel and my fasting schedule and low carb went right out the window. I don’t feel guilty about it because mom gets out so rarely and she enjoyed the food and the shopping. She bought me the cutest snowman I have EVER seen! I am getting geared to decorate for Christmas! :grin: I was going to start back to working out today but instead hubby and I are going to paint the concrete floor of our new screened-in porch. Georgia dirt has stained much of it red and I think painting it will make the whole room look so much prettier and easier to clean. I’m hoping that my back doesn’t suffer too much. Between the back and my aching tooth, I’m starting to worry that I’m going to OD on Advil. Mom keeps offering me one of her pain pills but I’m holding off in case I really need it. :# Have a good day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @buniphuphu Congrats on the loss! Fabulous. And you are doing great with the swimming, very consistent. I think what your old WW leader said is spot on. So many people focus on the big things but they forget about the small things that add up to big things. And yes, when I started my new goal this week, I continued my previous week's goal. It seems to be working out pretty well so far! A week of concentrating on just one goal at a time seems to be enough to remember it lol.

@Hilogirl2018 Yes! That is a very important one to ask yourself. Yeah, I can see the 3 bites being a problem but you could come up with a different one, like, "I will put my fork down between bites" or "I will sip water between bites" or whatever you can think of. I'm glad that 2 lbs went away, I had a feeling it would, too! :)

@AustinRuadhain It working for me so far! How's your husband?

@Katmary71 Yes exactly! LOL I would probably do the very same thing with the brothers, I love animals and am such a softy! <3 I'm glad they were able to stay together.

@TeresaW1020 You know my struggle! LOL Yes, a string is a good idea but then I'd be like, "What's this string for?" LOL It is getting easier to remember. Something goes off in my head when I see the food "DING DING DING..you have a goal to leave 3 bites on your plate!". I'm glad you had fun shopping. Christmas shopping already? lol I hope your back holds out for the porch painting. <3

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    @trooworld - After saying the 3 bites thing wouldn't work for me, I totally did it last night lol! I had a fast food meal budgeted for dinner and started with a salad. When I got toward the end of my meal, I found I didn't want/need everything left on my plate. I'm sure I left at least 3 bites! I think this is sort of a middle ground for me: since I pre-log my meals, I'm making a solid plan for staying within my calories. But once I'm eating, I don't need to necessarily stuff it in- I still want to get in tune with actual hunger/satiety.

@AustinRuadhain I'm glad the reminder was helpful! Sure has been for me. I actually used it yesterday. I was getting super frustrated and I had a piece of chocolate next to me and almost went for it but stopped myself because I thought, Hey, this isn't going to help. You're frustrated because you can't figure this tech problem out; you don't need a treat. And I saved my (planned for) chocolate for when I was relaxed and I actually enjoyed it- kind of a breakthrough moment for me!

@Katmary71 Nice job getting your exercise in already! Sounds like a lot!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    @TeresaW1020 ooh, sciatica is the worst, I'm so sorry. One good thing about it is that it's not as intractable as low back pain, in my experience. Sciatica can resolve with rest or PT. Please be careful when you're painting! Sorry I'm fussing at you- like I said, it's hard for me to hear about someone starting to have back pain. I really hope this calms down for you.

@leonadixon Self care is SO much more important than weight loss! Your priorities are in exactly the right place. Really happy to hear all this.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weekly Weigh-in

Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    PW - 224.4
    CW - 221.8

The cursed done button strikes again SMH had a whole post typed up... :|

'False fall' is here in Central NC. It's cool and dry. I love being able to air out my house finally.

I hope everyone is well. Most posts seem more positive lately and that makes me smile. I hope we all continue having good days!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    My big must-do think was weigh/track all the food and have everything be a food choice I was happy with.
    This is what I need to do. So often I eat without thinking. I like the idea of being happy with your food choices.

@buniphuphu I'm in awe of your determination. Exercising consistently is impressive in itself but as I sit here shivering in my big cozy sweater i can't imagine getting into a cold pool. You're my hero.

@TeresaW1020 I left my snowmen out from last year. I usually don't but our last snowfall was in May and with the covid lockdown no one was coming into my house anyway so I decided they were staying out.

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. It didn't work for me in the past but they had a free month promotion so I thought I'd try it again. I'm still sticking to lowish carb, no dairy or sugar as much as I can but it's interesting to see what the points are on foods I normaly eat. I also like that it syncs with my Fitbit. I earned more than my weeks worth of activity points the first day.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    @TwistedSassette Your son is beautiful, the farm sounds like a wonderful getaway.

@leonadixon Sounds like you're on the right track, it's all getting the head straight to take care of everything else. You're on a roll!

Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, abs, Kundalini yoga, stretching, earth energy/chakra meditation
    Calories- over
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @Hilogirl2018 That's fantastic! @TeresaW1020 and I were talking on another board and we think what's important about this goal is that it teaches us not to just stuff everything in despite being full, you can actually stop when you've had enough.

@Jactop Good luck, I hope it works for you this time. I'm on the Green Plan on WW right now. I like it.

@TwistedSassette What lovely memories you have made with your son! And such a cute picture. Thanks for sharing.

Hello all! It's getting easier and easier to leave those 3 bites on my plate. Yesterday, I left 3 bites at each meal. At dinner, I left more like 5 or 6. I think for next week, I will put my fork/utensil down between each bite.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in: Wednesday
    SW: 135lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:Hey TEAM!! :star: I just learned that we have 100 days left until 2021!! That is 100 days to make a difference in your journey towards good health! We all have goals for our health journey and we can push a little harder and finish 2020 with a feeling of accomplishment. Let's NOT wait to make that New Year's resolution. Let's make it today and work every day to make our goals happen!!

What will you commit to for the next 100 days? :grin:

ftzkulw21mle.png

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited September 2020
    Happy Wednesday! Happy Day 1 of the 100 Day Countdown!

@TeresaW1020 - I love the 100 day challenge! I am thinking about what to commit to. It includes checking in here. This is such a great place to be supported.

@GabiV125 - Woohoo! Congratulations!

Tuesday Check-in
    A step forward, a step back. A good morning, and then things fell apart in the get ready for class crunch, delivery of said class and then working on post-class tasks and catchup on other things. Yesterday's food was not ideal -- all arguably on-plan and healthy, but calorie dense (incl some refined food -- Garden of Life bars are NOT the best choices for me) and over on calories.

Back at it today, and I have made some plans to have next Tuesday go well!

I did get an errand and grocery shopping done yesterday, and I did get in exercise, so I did some good things there. I finished getting all my produce clean and ready this morning, so a better day going today.

Today
    - Breakfast and lunch were on plan; small (~100 cal) snack planned for, and dinner stuff ready to go for an on-plan, meeting-the-calorie goal day
    - Haven't gotten any exercise yet, but planning for step aerobics and at least a short walk (the weather is so nice!)

In other Austin news:
    - Made progress on messy garage & back porch yesterday
    - Compost bin arrived! Need to put it together.
    - Small progress on Panda Planner; more to do today
    - Need to do some Scouts catch-up work
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,583 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm loving the 100 day challenge idea! I'm in denial that there's only 100 days left of 2020 though - in my mind I keep thinking it's only like March! I lost 3 months this year working from home where the days just melted into each other. I've been back in the office for almost as long as I was at home, but I'm still somehow thinking it's a different time of year!
    I'll keep my goals pretty simple, I'm not as far advanced as some of you. My focus right now is on ingraining habits, so my goals are aimed at keeping me consistent - I find that consistency really is the key!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 1: Wednesday 23 September
    1. Log calories eaten: Done - 1/1
    2. 20 mins exercise: Done - 1/1
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Done - 1/1
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Wow I can't believe there are only 100 days left. Except for the first month of lockdown this year has flown by. Good thing I started my Christmas shopping today 🎅🤶

Instead of tracking specific goals I'm going to see how many workouts and sugar free days I can log in the next 100 days

@trooworld I'm on the Blue plan. Green makes more sense to me with the only free foods being fruits and veggies but I wanted to shake things up a bit so I'm going to see how blue goes
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    @Jactop -
    I just yesterday heard a radio story talking about the fact that we all need to do holiday shopping early this year. And you have already started! Wow! I salute you!
    My year is flying by, too. Heck, my days fly by, lately!
    I think your plan to see how many workouts and sugar free days you can log is a brilliant choice!

@TwistedSassette -
    Part of me is with you -- it feels like March. I should have more year left! But it also literally feels like fall here -- cooler weather at last.
    I love your goals and I love your report!
    Oh, and I am all about habits. Happy to chat about those if you ever want. James Clear inspires me, and BJ Fogg's book Tiny Habits has been and continues to be super useful to me. (I just got it back out this week!)

@TeresaW1020 -
    I love the actions you picked to track.
    So I loved your pretty chart, and went looking for something similar I could print.
    I found this, in case anyone wants it:
    https://i.etsystatic.com/9865576/r/il/bd53b2/1656006295/il_794xN.1656006295_fir5.jpg

And that said, I like how simple TwistedSassette and Jactop are making this. With all this inspiration, I am going to do checkoffs in my new Panda Planner. (I really love checking things off. I fell in love with gold stars on a chart in kindergarten and I am really still that girl.) And I will report in here. (Stealing the hearts from Teresa's pretty graphic, at least for today.)

For the 100 Day Challenge, I am doing a Big Four. And I am happy to say I got all of these done today.
    💚 Food on plan, weighed and logged (yay! Kinda hungry now I am back from my walk, but The Kitchen Is Closed.)
    💚 Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk (this can be a couple of small items; goal is 45 min+/day)
    💚 Martial Arts Breathing and/or Meditation/6 days-wk
    💚 Martial Arts - 2 forms/day
  • Katmary71
    @GabiV125 Please still post, you'd be surprised at how many things people can relate to whether or not they're in the same boat, plus it's great to get to know you!

@AustinRuadhain Sounds like a good job all the way around! Did you ever finish working on your desk? How do you clean your produce? I always mean to do a vinegar wash though half the time I forget. Keep up the great work, it's wonderful to see you posting again!

@TeresaW1020 Way to go on getting your yard situated, it sounds beautiful! I love freshly-planted flowers. What is your weather like now? I hope your back clears up soon and hope it's not sore from all the work you did today. I know with occupational therapy and from having back surgeries you use your back in EVERYTHING, it's impossible to not use it! A better chair can definitely help.\
  • Katmary71
    Wednesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, 1 dance song, arm resistant bands, Kundalini yoga, chakra/energy healing
    Calories- under

Yes, I'm under but not by much! I've been overeating potatoes since I added them back into my diet, they taste pretty freaking amazing but I think it's more emotional. I was going to try for a deficit to lose a pound by the end of the month but it may not be the time quite yet. I did have mayo, it's hard to stay committed to Paleo when it hasn't changed anything in 2 months. The guy I'm seeing is going through a real hard time and can't come here right now, of course I can't drive far so I can't get there. Been catching up in the class I'm behind in and it's going well though I'm totally stuck, I hope it's just from cramming too hard. Talked to my doctor this morning and nothing big to report, just more blood tests to see if things have improved at all then resubmitting one of the medications. Still waiting to hear on all the appeals and it looks like I'll probably see the neurologist at the end of next month. So the plan is hang in there, keep taking vitamins, and use the ER as needed. Glad I didn't have to drive for that!
This discussion has been closed.