The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    kcpond wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Btw @forestfreek how are things for covid up where you are? You're probably stuck with restrictions because of the idiots down here where I am.

Yes, we have had 23 University students test positive and all went to the bars so doesn't look good here either.

I saw on the news about an outbreak there. I guess they figure they're invincible?
  • AliNouveau
    007Pedro wrote: »
    kcpond wrote: »
    Btw @forestfreek how are things for covid up where you are? You're probably stuck with restrictions because of the idiots down here where I am.

Yes, we have had 23 University students test positive and all went to the bars so doesn't look good here either.

I saw on the news about an outbreak there. I guess they figure they're invincible?

I just found out that someone here at my work tested positive for the virus. They are a college student. So the department was told to leave for the day do they could clean. The department is next door to us.
    I hope they are ok.
    Second positive case in our work since all this crap started. Out of 200+ employees.
    Stay safe all.

Oh geez that's too close to home eh
    My husband got an email someone in his office tower has tested positive. Luckily not from his firm but it makes him want to stay home
    The husband of a caregiver of my mom testers positive so my mom's had yet another test but is feeling fine so we're hopeful the caregiver is ok too. Crazy illness
  • Mr7272
    Mr7272 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey. Nick from Denver CO here. Looking for people to friend me as I start a ton of positive growth aspects of my life. Fitness being a big one. Been at it for about a month but still have 30 ish lbs to go... Doing well on diet and exercise but would love to get surrounded by people as I push forward on this part of my journey.

If you’re looking for a friend to support you on your path, looking to connect and succeed together, or just want to be part of my journey... I’d love it. Friend me!

Talk soon, and keep up the great work.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    On holiday this week so a bit of a piggy week but never mind I will get back to it next week. Good luck everyone.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Birthday week for my son and I am up over 1kg. My 40th is coming up and I am having a series of small parties with different groups of friends. It is not going to be good with me for a month. Ugh. But tomorrow I am officially being presented with my senior black belt certificate which arrived from Okinawa. I have gained about 5kg since I graded for that. Fml
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Birthday week for my son and I am up over 1kg. My 40th is coming up and I am having a series of small parties with different groups of friends. It is not going to be good with me for a month. Ugh. But tomorrow I am officially being presented with my senior black belt certificate which arrived from Okinawa. I have gained about 5kg since I graded for that. Fml

Congratulations on your black belt certificate Nadine 👏 Sorry about the 5kg 😔

Good morning Middle-agers.. hoping you all have a great week ahead 🙂
  • drippingold2019
    drippingold2019 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi! I've used myfitnesspal off and on for years and have had great success! I took time off due to foot injuries and having another baby but I'm baaack. I'm 35 and have a 1.5 year old and 12 year old, work full time from home (due to covid) and started back at college this month, because I am apparently insane.

I have baby weight to lose (about 20 lbs) and initially I'm going to be focusing on diet and just some kind of daily movement. I hope to get back into full fledged workouts by the end of 2020. I would love meeting other parents my age in a similar situation to help motivate one another!
  • Beachy1_
    Beachy1_ Posts: 243 Member
    Hello all! I fall within this age group. 😊 I have been on and off again for a while and am back! Of course I want to lose weight and get in shape. I was thinking about it this morning and I had this thought...my biggest goal is to wake up in the morning and actually feel good.
    I would love to add some mutually supportive friends so we can cheer each other on!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Good morning! It’s back to work for me today after a three day weekend. I’ve planned out all my meals for today so I don’t even have to think about it. Have a great day!
  • DonaldjNelson
    DonaldjNelson Posts: 40 Member
    Have an awesome week everyone and I hope that this week brings new beginnings and new ideas and more weight loss for those looking to lose and more strength for those looking to grow. Have a great week all!!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning, friends😊

Such gorgeous fall weather here in Ontario ❤️
    Hope it’s just as lovely where you are. Have a great Tuesday 💕
  • Andeelynn45
    Andeelynn45 Posts: 29 Member
    Yes and I loved it
  • AliNouveau
    Holy Moley I made churros today. Thank goodness I've walked 11km over the past two days since I ate a million

Hope the week is going well middle agers
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Yum churros!
  • claytjones564
    claytjones564 Posts: 8 Member
    important tip: Track every workout

If you don't have a workout app or journal to log your lifts you're playing a losers game.

Progress is impossible without measurement.

2: Don’t workout to lose weight, diet to lose weight. You’re essentially what you eat.
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Good morning all!