How much do you exercise weekly?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    7 days a week. I train one body part a day and do at least an hour of cardio. Usually walking fast or run/jog.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • seder538
    seder538 Posts: 10 Member
    I have been at both ends of the spectrum, running as much as 60 miles a week with 5-6 days of weight training to simply ensuring 4 kids got every where they needed to be. Currently, now that I am a bit older (45) I do 6 days of weight training at least 1 hour a day plus around 20 miles a week. That works for me but it’s more about your goals. Do you simply want to be fit (average) or to you want to be above average amongst above average people? Whatever that answer is make sure you enjoy the journey!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I do Sydney Cummings workouts 5-6 times a week I have lost 40lbs and 10 to go 💪
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You can try rolling the egg on a hard surface, while putting pressure on it to break up the shell before you try to peel it. That can help.

Sometimes, the way you cook them can make them easier to peel...I put them directly from the egg cooker into ice water to cool and that seems to make them easier to peel.

Also, I have heard that the fresher the eggs are, the more difficult they can be to peel. Usually, I buy groceries that have the freshest "best by" date, but for eggs, I actually look for some that are a little older.

I use a countertop egg cooker instead of boiling them in a pot, and it's made the cooking process much easier, less hassle, and easier peeling.

Is egg rolling a form of exercise?🤣
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I work full time (from home). I wake up verrrrrry early and run or lift around 430-5 for about an hour and a half.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I exercise 25-27 min/day rowing 5km/day @day. Anything else is extra.
  • I do 1-1.5 hours of cardio 3 days a week and weights 3 days a week. I usually throw in a brisk 2-3 mile walk a couple times a week as well with my dogs depending on the weather. I have about 15lbs more to lose.
    I’m realizing I may need to work in a rest day to allow my body a break. I work 5-6 days a week on my feet 10ish hours a day and go to school full time. I’m thinking a rest day will benefit me mentally and physically
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Do those of you who exercise multiple hours per day work? I work full time and cannot see how to fit in over 2hrs of exercise per day. I still have responsibilities at home too.

I’m single and live alone, so while I have a full time job my other responsibilities are limited. I currently work from home and the majority of my workouts don’t require transportation, no way I could do 2-a-days if I have to travel 30+ min each way.

I do get up an hour earlier than most of my colleagues (kids or not) and do my yoga, and I’ve cut back on Netflix and couch time. “Me time” is to a larger extent focused on active hobbies. While my circumstances make it easier to devote time to workouts there is also a lot of choices and prioritisation taking place.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    250-300km cycling usually.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    While my circumstances make it easier to devote time to workouts there is also a lot of choices and prioritisation taking place.

Exactly. I think this is what people miss sometimes miss. While it's real that there are circumstances that make it easier to exercise more, what is often missed is that the time still doesn't descend magically from the sky. People who are working out more are usually making deliberate choices to create the time to do so. There are movies I haven't seen yet, other hobbies I haven't taken up, etc.

While we all have a different set of circumstances that determine our overall time available, the practice of prioritizing exercise is open to many of us.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Lost 25 lbs so far, need to lose another 43 to get to goal.

Lift 4-5 days a week for 45min to an hr with an upper/lower split

Cardio in the gym 5-6 days a week min 30 minutes. Rowing, summit climber, treadmill, and arc trainer. On upper day I always row and on lower day I already use the summit climber. Other than that, whichever I want to use at that moment.

On off days or sometimes “on” days also, I take the dogs for a walk or a hike.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited September 2020
    Currently maintaining. Train every day in one way or another. Mostly grease the groove, 4 sets in the morning and 4 sets in the afternoon of handstand pushup, running stairs, pullup, handstand supported wall hold, dead hang and hollowbody hold. I do a set of this complex every 30 minutes. 2 hours in the morning, 1 hour in the afternoon and 1 hour in the evening.
    Yoga and stomach vacuums every morning as part of a morning routine...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I basically workout around 45-50 min in the morning M-F, then lift 2x/wk after work for about 45 min, I try to get in a short 2.5-3 mile run one evening, some sort of cardio mix for about 1 hr Saturday, a workout at home plus longer run Sunday. That's why I was asking about the 2+ hrs per day if you work. This is a lot for me to fit in with full time job, errands, cooking, etc. We're also renovating, so that is after work and on Saturday as well. I need some down time Sunday to grocery shop, clean house, laundry, and food prep (and maybe sit on the couch for a show).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2020
    Doing around 6 to 6.5 hours of rowing, LateralX and Assault Bike per week until it cools down in AZ. Then, I'll also add in a few 10 or 20 mile bike rides a week. Right now swimming (more like splashing around) 2 or 3 times a week in the pool as well. I used to do nearly all rowing (on a Concept2) but I've enjoyed mixing it up more recently.

I'm working on more dedicated lifting but right now it's mostly pushups (around 300 to 400 a week) and back exercises. Going on two years of back issues that I'm finally fed up with enough that I'm doing planks and other rehab nearly daily (except on my two strenuous cardio days).
  • zippie2223
    zippie2223 Posts: 37 Member
    Do those of you who exercise multiple hours per day work? I work full time and cannot see how to fit in over 2hrs of exercise per day. I still have responsibilities at home too.

I wake up at 4am. gym by 5am. Finished by 6:30 work by 7. Off by 4-430. I go for a bike ride, take the kayak out, go for a walk. Family time at 6pm sleep by 10.
  • DancingMoosie
    zippie2223 wrote: »

I wake up at 4am. gym by 5am. Finished by 6:30 work by 7. Off by 4-430. I go for a bike ride, take the kayak out, go for a walk. Family time at 6pm sleep by 10.

That is not enough sleep for me! I try to sleep 9:30-5:15
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I basically workout around 45-50 min in the morning M-F, then lift 2x/wk after work for about 45 min, I try to get in a short 2.5-3 mile run one evening, some sort of cardio mix for about 1 hr Saturday, a workout at home plus longer run Sunday. That's why I was asking about the 2+ hrs per day if you work. This is a lot for me to fit in with full time job, errands, cooking, etc. We're also renovating, so that is after work and on Saturday as well. I need some down time Sunday to grocery shop, clean house, laundry, and food prep (and maybe sit on the couch for a show).

The renovating can be exercise depending on how strenuous it is.

In addition to my weight lifting 4-5 times a week, cardio 6-7 days a week (including hiking and the dog walks in there as cardio for none gym days), I also work a full time job and a second unpredictable physical job (hubby and I buy and sell used gym equipment). I help him move the heavy stuff although he lifts way more of the weight than I do. I don’t actually count that in my exercise calories, but my point is that you can hit 2 hrs fairly easily if you start counting that renovation work as exercise 😜
  • Procrastinista
    Procrastinista Posts: 6 Member
    Right now I'm just walking about an hour every day, and on some days I hike on the paths in the state forest near me. I want to get as many walks/hikes in as I can while the weather is still nice, before winter sets in.
  • DancingMoosie
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

The renovating can be exercise depending on how strenuous it is.

In addition to my weight lifting 4-5 times a week, cardio 6-7 days a week (including hiking and the dog walks in there as cardio for none gym days), I also work a full time job and a second unpredictable physical job (hubby and I buy and sell used gym equipment). I help him move the heavy stuff although he lifts way more of the weight than I do. I don’t actually count that in my exercise calories, but my point is that you can hit 2 hrs fairly easily if you start counting that renovation work as exercise 😜

True. I've been scrubbing walls, prepping for paint. Nice shoulder burn! However, today I helped with cutting trim. So, I mostly just guided strips of wood out of the table saw.
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    I like to shove it all in Monday through Friday and chill Saturday and Sunday with the hubs and family time. Sooo, I tend to drive harder on those days with 1.5 hour workouts ((running, abs, jump rope, weights) No, I don’t work outside the home but I do have to schedule the workout for family needs as they are still all living at home.