WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    @cityjaneLondon the fridge looks great! the sound diagram is a hoot!

@Tina, I have been GF for 12 years due to intolerance (very upset intestines when I eat some). But even about 30 years ago a boyfriend remarked I would occasionally get little whiteheads right after I ate wheat!

I actually don't think it's gluten. I think it's that our wheat, in particular, is so genetically modified that our bodies don't handle it well.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Just watched this little video my boss shared. It's interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqzYDZAqCI
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Wow im beat.. my new washer is a dream... and i went back out and did what i had to do at Walmart and now resting with the boys... put some of my patio furniture away and will go out and move my other stuff around it is covered so will leave it out instead of trying to jockey it into a small space...
    Alfie looks wonderful,he sure was a raggamuffin..
    My fall wardrobe is set.. and will put it all away next week.. dont think i have the stamina to.do it today.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,389 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: vacuumed AGAIN.
    Bonus: three loads laundry
    Get to do: Library, BiMart, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    22: Look at photos from a time of happy memories: https://youtu.be/zPcxrZiDyS8
    pip and Linda if you think Labs and Goldens shed…

Finally cooked the beet greens. Meh. Kinda like sautéed spinach with garlic. Next time I’ll skip the red pepper flakes and just add hot sauce as needed.

Machka clutter bug type mismatch likewise here, Joe likes a visually simple and clear environment, I tend to pile stuff until I can do “something” with it. In the quiz there were a few options I’d have chosen if offered: 5:My house is a mess most of the time! 5:If I heard friends were coming in 20 minutes I’d tell them I’d meet them at the coffee shop. ;) Brava for paring down your list of commitments!
    Heather I’d be afraid to hide my sins in my husband’s area, he might deal with them!
    Kay :cry:
    Julie ((hugs)) How’s the weather in Paris? Well done on the sorting, and especially on recruiting new board member candidates. Hope you can get some restorative sleep.
    Michele so happy for your time with PJ.
    Terri would you share pics of you in ice skating outfits? Do you really want to ruthlessly purge your boots?
    Miss Kellie that body shapes meme made me snort my water. Thanks, I needed that!
    Linda click the little black triangle just to the right of the mountain, it should open a window that looks like this, where you can browse to where the picture file is stored.
    gqyo8nf1q661.jpg
    What a great working vacation for you and your grandson!
    Faye “The day and time of birth do make a difference.” Also birthplace. When I used to dabble, learned I was a Pisces with a Leo Moon and Gemini ascendant. Lots of air in my chart, little or no earth. Gave it up when friends were using it to make important decisions, as a way of ceding personal responsibility. “The stars incline but do not compel.”
    Katla yes life flight is available and one of the perks for being on the firehouse board (besides having firefighters know and like you) is a free membership for the whole family. It is worrisome, but the price we pay for living in paradise. Wish I had the energy and $$ to doll up our doublewide, but just as well. Neither Joe nor I would tolerate the disruption. :}
    Yvonne :love: hobbits, especially their “second breakfast”s.
    Vicki no one here is going to judge you on spelling or typos. None of us is prefect ;)
    Beth Time Person of the Year ROTFLMAOWMP!
    Rita :love: the pic, you really have the eye! What is that structure?
    Rebecca looks yummy, except I’d swap the tomato for avocado slices ;) What is “hot shot seasoning”?
    Allie ((hugs))
    Welcome @slhalpain! Would you let us know what you want to be called and your general locale?
    Kay Maypop, that’s me!
    Tracey well done on selling the craft supplies! You almost inspire me to sort/purge the scrapbooking stuff I bought but never use. Almost.
    Gothchiq “love” the profile pic :laugh:
    Evelyn “where plants go to die” :laugh:

Joe called the surgeon today who arranged for a pressure check in Crescent City. Down to 20 (from 26 and 54 before that) so Joe agreed to continue the pills even though they make his fingers and toes tingle/numb. His next appointment with the surgeon in Medford isn’t ‘til the second week in October. He’s agreed to let me drive him as it could still be hot and smoky and neither of his vans have a/c. Thankful highway 199 is now open.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: better than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 23, weigh: 22, steps>5491=5835 vits=21.5 log=22 CI<CO=17 CI<250<CO=11 Tumble & Shadow 5=23 mfp=22 outside=20 up hill=22
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=9.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=13 play= sew=2

Its just a premade hot seasoning that I seem to use on everything!binjfpr4zn4f.jpg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Good morning dear ladies. It is a beautiful Fall day and I am inside for most of it. I do have a few things I want to get done when I get off, just hope I still feel the energy.

DH was home ill yesterday from work. He will fight to stay at work most the time , so when he called and said he was home I knew he was not well. Hoping it was just a 24 hour bug, he is back to work this morning. I went out last evening to buy a new thermometer. The 3 we had were years old and needed to be replaced. I was shocked at the different kinds and prices. But I hope the one I got is good and will last awhile. We don't get sick often so don't think about it.

Beth--Glad things are working out for your son to go back to his home and his routine. Sending prayers for younger son to find his place in life.

My eating last evening was bad, no excuse just wanted to eat and eat and eat. Today is starting out so much better. 12 hour fast before breakfast. Loging and taking it one step at a time.

Carol--Sorry to hear about your card. Thank goodness you caught it fast. I worry about that and tell DH when we order on line to use credit card, not bank card.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lanette You are right about vitamin D. This is one reason people quarantined indoors are having all kinds of health issues both mental and physical. All I know about the 2019 Wuhan SARS2 Coronavirus mutating is what three leading doctors are saying from their research and understanding of the genetic sequence of the virus and how it's degression is following the same pattern of how they show it evolved. Coronaviruses are very frightening to me because think of the common cold, which is a Coronavirus. There is no cure or even control. It just has to run its course. The best defense is a super-strong immune system which is not easy to maintain as we age.
  • Whidislander
    Snow Flake
    You asked if grandson had plans for his blueberry money. He is putting it away for school. He did buy himself a good axe and a carving knife he like to widdle. The grandaughter is also saving for school.
    Always a rotten apple in the bunch spoils everything for every one else.

Rebecca
    is that a painting you did it is beautiful

For me all is well. The scale went up .4 this morning but blood sugar was at 6.1 so that part is good.
    Tops tonight and i'm anxious to go That only means one thing I've lost. Be back to share how much after tops this afternoon.

See you lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario

Awe, no it is nothing I did, I am a "pretties pic stealer" from all the fun sites I follow on Facebook. I do love to draw though. But I like the feel of a dark pencil on rough paper. I like to shade with dots and many lines. One day I hope to do a painting class smearing acrylic paint in gobs!😁
    💖Rebecca
    Nice to meet you!
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Lost power for a time last night. Woke up to a huge tree branch in our back yard. Husband could move it, it was only as thick as his wrist. It is in a pile next to the backyard path.

The only plant I seem to be caring for is a avocado plant growing from a pit I started a couple of weeks ago. I am going to hunt for a cheap pot and soil for it the first of the month.
    cyo86lj9xkqw.jpg
    Hugs to all that need one!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    Tttt
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Rebeccan Why wait till someday? Get a basic acrylic paint set with brushes and some hardboard and watch some online videos and you will be painting in no time. If you don't like your painting just Gesso over it and start again.

Faye - that just had a close encounter with a Black Widow only to get stung by a Yellowjacket. So much for working in the yard today. That green thumb mood has left these premises.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Faye: This is a fall day, but here it is a WET fall day. It is raining. I don’t notice any trees having changed color yet. They’re all still green for now. I’m happy to be inside where it is dry. :smiley: We have also parked our debit card in the safe and pay with our credit card. It is much safer. :ohwell: On another subject, I take Vitamin D3 every day. I’ve heard it called the sunshine vitamin. It helps me avoid depression during the shorter days of fall and winter. :heart:

Barbie: It is raining here, too, and the air quality is dramatically better than it was several days ago. YAY! :bigsmile:

Lanette: Vitamin D is part of my morning routine every day. I think it does a great deal of good and helps me prevent illness. :flowerforyou:

Today is a rainy day and there is no hint of smoke in the mix. YAY! Today I feel cozy at home. :heart:

Katla in beautiful & rainy NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Faetta wrote: »
    Rebeccan Why wait till someday? Get a basic acrylic paint set with brushes and some hardboard and watch some online videos and you will be painting in no time. If you don't like your painting just Gesso over it and start again.

Faye - that just had a close encounter with a Black Widow only to get stung by a Yellowjacket. So much for working in the yard today. That green thumb mood has left these premises.

You are right! I will take steps to work this into fruitation!
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    edited September 2020
    Today I sauteed some leftover corn from a corn on a con meal I fixed the other night, 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 a large chopped up tomato, 1 can of white beans, and a container of wild rice. Added paprika, taco seasoning, hot shot, chicken stock, celery salt and turmeric. Let it simmer for a while with some pieces of chicken. Ate the chicken, and had a small bowl of soup. Cleared my sinuses! Have a large Tupperware container left for tomorrow, and the freezer. Had my container of hummus with a handful of bagel chips, and dessert was a cookie, and a yogurt flip (Chobani), and coffee.
    Yummy!
    lsrrmoimuu46.jpg
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited September 2020
    Heather: It's wonderful that you all keep in touch.
    Just watched this little video my boss shared. It's interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqzYDZAqCI

It's interesting that she shared it. Has she been to counselling?

Rebecca: that does look yummy. I agree with Faye. If you want to learn to do it there is no time like the present.

Enjoying the warmth from new CH boiler in the chill blowing in from Iceland. We discovered a small leak in one of radiators, but the engineer has already been back to fix it.

We didn't do our shopping this morning because DH was waiting for a telephone appointment with his surgeon. I'm off to bed early tonight as I plan to do the shopping in the morning.

I'm trying the dictation feature on my iPad and it's working very well. It's much easier than typing it all out. Mind you, I do you have to occasionally correct what the iPad types.

Felicitations to all. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your Wednesday.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- Apple Watch only, 1hr 52min 34sec, 3.4ap, 5.78mi= 579c
    Strava app- 700c
    Zwift bike trainer- 17.1amph, 433elev., 10.54amph= 389c
    Strava app= 271c

Total cal 968
  • pipcd34
    Hello all i'm here to brag I was high loser at tops tonight with a loss of 3.6. So it's on to another good week.

U go gurl!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Re the clutterbug quiz: I am a bee.

Anybody follow Cas, the originator of clutterbug? She had weight loss surgery and lost 100 lbs in 6 months, but she just had to have emergency gall bladder surgery and is losing some hair from the quick weight loss. She looks gorgeous, though. I belong to her clutterbug FB group as well as a Dana K White one and another one because i did Organize HQ this year. I might need to declutter some of my organizing groups!

The painter is coming to pressure wash the house on Saturday so I need to finish my decluttering project in the garage. I made a trip to one donation spot today. Tomorrow the plan is to donate all of our partial boxes of flooring and tile to the habitat for Humanity ReStore. I also have a ladder to donate.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :flowerforyou: