Chicken salads for one

djnairne
djnairne Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone got any healthy chicken salads ideas for lunch for 1 person

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Shredded chicken, diced white onion, light mayo, Dijon mustard, honey, mustard powder, garlic and onion powder

Shredded chicken, light mayo and Greek yogurt, shredded squeezed cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and dill.

Shredded chicken, light mayo and Greek yogurt, garlic and ginger, red curry paste, chopped cilantro, thai sweet chili sauce, and cayenne pepper.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    As I've just said on another post, I take salad most days - always cucumber, radish, spring onions and tomato (but sometimes I add chopped salad tomatoes, sometimes halved cherry toms) and always either lettuce or rocket or salad leaves, but different other ingredients such as avocado, artichokes, olives, palm hearts, grated carrot and bell peppers. I then drizzle on a small amount (10g for a 3-portion salad) of olive oil.

I usually make a big bowl that then gets divided into two or three containers, depending on what day of the week it is. My protein changes daily so that, even if the salad part is the same, I vary between chicken, ham, roast beef, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, tinned salmon, sardines, tuna and mackerel - but if you want chicken every day, I'd definitely suggest mixing up some of the other ingredients so that you don't get bored of it.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    My easy vaguely and inauthentic mexican chicken salad. This is probably two servings. A big handful of chopped up leftover chicken, a chopped avocado, a jar or commercial salsa, a handful of chopped fresh coriander. Have that with a soft taco shell or add some tinned or defrosted frozen corn.