60 yrs and up

Replies

• j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Hello all, it's so great seeing all the participation in this thread! Doing well here. Been tipping the scale up and down and staying motivated by daily tracking and nice walks in the neighborhood. Find myself feeling hungry somedays so that's when I get going and find something to keep myself occupied as much as I safely can. I feel great that my loss is consistently around 50lbs. since joining MFP. New clothes size amazes me, what fun!!
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    Time to walk in the beautiful fall sunshine.
    Friend hugs B) Janet
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    @rwecker5782 How have you been doing? I'm sorry to hear you are not able to go outside due to the smoke, you must be on the west coast, are you in any type of danger/evacuation possibilities? Considering the circumstances, no wonder sleeping has become a problem. Hoping for the best to you!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey y'all. Just checking in here. Reached a new low weight today - an unexplained whoosh - but I'll take it. Happy dance!

The smoke has mostly cleared out in Idaho, so outdoor walking is back on the agenda.

Have an awesome week, all!
  • teresadannar
    Congrats Steve!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 250 Member
    Hey y'all. Just checking in here. Reached a new low weight today - an unexplained whoosh - but I'll take it. Happy dance!

The smoke has mostly cleared out in Idaho, so outdoor walking is back on the agenda.

Have an awesome week, all!

Fantastic!!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) smoke is gone and now it's raining.but still maintaining average 13,000 steps a day :)
  • countymomma
    countymomma Posts: 6 Member
    j29t wrote: »
    Hello all, it's so great seeing all the participation in this thread! Doing well here. Been tipping the scale up and down and staying motivated by daily tracking and nice walks in the neighborhood. Find myself feeling hungry somedays so that's when I get going and find something to keep myself occupied as much as I safely can. I feel great that my loss is consistently around 50lbs. since joining MFP. New clothes size amazes me, what fun!!
    Keep up the good work everyone.
    Time to walk in the beautiful fall sunshine.
    Friend hugs B) Janet

• countymomma
    countymomma Posts: 6 Member
    Good for you! That is amazing. I have been wanting to lose 25 pounds for about 1 1/2 years and I keep failing, eating terribly. Your weight loss is inspiring. I don't know why I eat so poorly.
  • BobWillers
    BobWillers Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2020
    Dusted off the scales again...I'm up by 8 pounds since my last check in a few weeks ago. Considering I'm totally housebound at the moment with our lockdown I suppose it could be a lot worse.
    Just looked, last weigh in was 51 days ago so I've gained 2.4 ounces a day
  • teresadannar
    I understand what you mean, Bob. It seems like the last few weeks have been difficult, is it the weather change or something? It's my exercise routine...gone out the window since August. I feel like a bear getting ready for hibernation, just eating to store up for winter or something. Hoping this blah feeling will pass soon!
  • trekkie123
    The ups and downs. It’s a constant struggle! And this year certainly hasn’t been conducive to losing weight!
  • trekkie123
    Hope so🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :) Just gotta take it one day at a time
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 155 Member
    I just spent three days on the Appalachian Trail and came home 2 pounds lighter. I'll eat a sandwich and have a glass of water and it will be back. But I did have a great time.
  • trekkie123
    Congrats!!!
  • BobWillers
    BobWillers Posts: 33 Member
    I've just lost several pounds....as in £ UK Sterling. Car gone wonkey :(
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,194 Member
    BobWillers wrote: »
    I've just lost several pounds....as in £ UK Sterling. Car gone wonkey :(

oh no!😪
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    tnh2o wrote: »
    I just spent three days on the Appalachian Trail and came home 2 pounds lighter. I'll eat a sandwich and have a glass of water and it will be back. But I did have a great time.

Sounds awesome. Starting to plan for a river trip in about three weeks. I needs me some campfires and running water. 🎣⛺🥃