Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Tuesday check in
    Yesterday was a good day and I did IF. Some major teen stress in the evening but we dealt with it & I managed my stress well through it. I am in between calls & have to run. Have a great day everyone!

@sleepymom5 - good luck with the event & take good care of yourself. Congrats to Jim! His recovery has been incredible!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @kandi3570 omg that's crazy about your Fitbit! You must have been super busy to not realize it until you got home! You are one tough woman! Does it record steps the same on your bra as it does when you wear it on your wrist?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean @minstrelofsarcasm Can I move my weigh in day to Thursday for this week? I am sure with the marathon I will forget Friday Lol! I would actually make it today if I could so I don't have to worry about forgetting Lol!

Absolutely - Thursday it is!

sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm Sometimes your posts are spot on for what I am feeling. Or maybe feeling the first part and needing to see the second.

Sometimes I write my posts just so I see them. I probably need them more than I think I do. I'm glad they're helping more than just me. :blush:

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@Cafelelia - thanks for the support, hope your day is less stressful!

@mainebeachbum - I'm getting a tattoo for my birthday (well early bday pressie as am getting it next Friday). I've also been chickening out for ages but since I was bummed out I couldn't get away this year have decided to use what would have been my holiday fund for this instead :)

@kandi3570 - sounds like a busy day. Not had pineapple upside down cake in forever - weirdly I watched the first episode of new Great British Bake Off last night and it was one of the challenges - think the universe may be trying to tell me something :D Had to giggle at your Fitbit blip, def something I would do.

@sleepymom5 - hope the marathon(ish) all goes well x

@tryingagain5 - woot, great loss! Hope your back is feeling better x

So, back on plan this week! Did my zumba last night and have been on low cals for the week so far with a bit of IF thrown in. Going well so far, especially considering have been back in the office some days this week. Is def strange getting back into an office routine. Just hoping we don't all have to go backwards again in a week or something :(
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    melaniedscott
    Week 3
    PW: 213
    CW: 213

Well, at least it is a maintain! Might actually be a slight loss, have some substantial muscle soreness from gardening. Went after the weedy flower bed and now I'm stiff, sore and have blister(s?) on my fingers.

On the vertigo front, not much has changed. They found nothing on the MRI. I'm pretty pissed at the ENT...he seems very disinterested in actually figuring out what's going on. He's decided the vertigo is a new migraine symptom (never mind that the severity increased in conjunction with hearing loss, ear pain and tinnitus) and I should see a neurologist. To be fair, after 5 years of migraine silence, I've had 4 since the beginning of July (that's not terrible, before I sometimes had twice that in a month) but who wants to be fair? He says it is either migraine related or Meniere's (which I didn't want to hear, luckily, I'm mostly deaf in that ear!) but doesn't seem motivated to figure it out or try to treat it. But the ear stuff started in Jan. I don't like being half deaf. But I'll stop whining now.

I'm glad things are generally going well for everyone. I read the posts, I just don't have the time to comment much. I saw the words dark...chocolate...hummus...yum. Love that stuff.

@kandi3570 You buying your mom a fifth reminded me of my gran toting around a fifth of brandy when she travelled (she didn't think we knew). Don't know why...but made me laugh. Mmmm pineapple upside down...have not had that in years.

Melanie, I really hear you on the Meniere's front. I'm here for you if that's what it is. Kristy @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx is good support on the migraine front. You've got a good attitude so stay strong. These things take about two years to accurately diagnose.
  • 1theresamcvean
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean chocolate hummus! Interesting - so how was it?????

It's like rich dark-chocolate pudding with the healthy aspects of hummus, e.g. fibre. Though it's 80 cal for 2 tbsp. So that's how much I eat. I get a bowl of raspberries and put two tbsp on top. Very satisfying. Decadent in fact.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Wednesday check in
    Steps 11,290
    Walk 40 min
    Water 64 oz
    Food prelogged yep

First day in over a week, maybe even 2, to have met my daily habit tracker goals!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Wednesday 9/23
    Food: good
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 40 minutes

Back is still a little sore, depending on what I'm doing. I worked with my trainer today. He knows about the back issue so we work around it. He's had back issues himself so he understands. We were both wondering if whatever I did to my leg is contributing to the back issue. I know I've been standing and moving differently so I wouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't get better in a few days, I'll probably call the chiropractor and see if they can squeeze me in. Normally after an adjustment I'm good for at least a month.

A few neighbors and their dogs were out when I got home from the gym so I visited with them and then had supper and napped for a couple of hours before work.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @lennoncpa yeah it seems to work about the same on a bra or a wrist. Except of course no heart rate.
    @podperson1 I was super excited to have a piece of that cake and it didn’t live up to my expectations. It was good but just not as good as I expected.
    Check in for Wednesday. 1090 calories (subway for dinner) and 12800 steps. We had a volleyball game I left right after work and got home in enough time to do laundry and sweep the floors before I went to get my daughter. Tomorrow I’m going to cook since I only have to go get her from practice. No extra running or at least I hope not. The scale has been stuck for days. I’m hoping to be down at least a few ounces tomorrow.
    @tryingagain5 I hope your back feels better. And it always seems to me if I favor another injury it also affects my back. Hope you get back to 100% soon.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Guess what I'm eating for the next week or so..........
    Advanced meal prep 101

ff6gzbq3bfav.jpg
    38sha3dexaee.jpg

One more thing, I have started keeping track of my steps for the last couple of weeks and even ordered a fancy smancy fit tracker so I don't bust up my phone again!
    Anyone else find this activity a bit adictive? I park as far away from things as possible now just to get those steps!

Wow! That looks delicious. Isn't it amazing how healthy homemade food is?! I have been using a Fitbit for six years and it's a part of my life. I think I've had six different ones over the years. It is, at first, addicting, and then an extension of your health journey.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Wednesday check in
    Steps 11,290
    Walk 40 min
    Water 64 oz
    Food prelogged yep

First day in over a week, maybe even 2, to have met my daily habit tracker goals!

Great stepping, Steph!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Wednesday 9/23
    Food: good
    Water: not enough
    Exercise: 40 minutes

Back is still a little sore, depending on what I'm doing. I worked with my trainer today. He knows about the back issue so we work around it. He's had back issues himself so he understands. We were both wondering if whatever I did to my leg is contributing to the back issue. I know I've been standing and moving differently so I wouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't get better in a few days, I'll probably call the chiropractor and see if they can squeeze me in. Normally after an adjustment I'm good for at least a month.

A few neighbors and their dogs were out when I got home from the gym so I visited with them and then had supper and napped for a couple of hours before work.

Sounds like you've got the back issue under control, Linda. Isn't it great to have your trainer to figure it all out with? I had a nice night out with my neighbours and our dogs too. Dogs just ground you. They are the best.
  • 1theresamcvean
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    @lennoncpa yeah it seems to work about the same on a bra or a wrist. Except of course no heart rate.
    @podperson1 I was super excited to have a piece of that cake and it didn’t live up to my expectations. It was good but just not as good as I expected.
    Check in for Wednesday. 1090 calories (subway for dinner) and 12800 steps. We had a volleyball game I left right after work and got home in enough time to do laundry and sweep the floors before I went to get my daughter. Tomorrow I’m going to cook since I only have to go get her from practice. No extra running or at least I hope not. The scale has been stuck for days. I’m hoping to be down at least a few ounces tomorrow.
    @tryingagain5 I hope your back feels better. And it always seems to me if I favor another injury it also affects my back. Hope you get back to 100% soon.

The scale will go down based on your good habits. Every once in awhile, try to eat a bit more for a day or two. When I do it, I steal calories from the other days. It seems to kick start things with my metabolism or at least just my scale. This is all based on my own experience, so look it up, and see how it works for you.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    melaniedscott
    Week 3
    PW: 213
    CW: 213

Well, at least it is a maintain! Might actually be a slight loss, have some substantial muscle soreness from gardening. Went after the weedy flower bed and now I'm stiff, sore and have blister(s?) on my fingers.

On the vertigo front, not much has changed. They found nothing on the MRI. I'm pretty pissed at the ENT...he seems very disinterested in actually figuring out what's going on. He's decided the vertigo is a new migraine symptom (never mind that the severity increased in conjunction with hearing loss, ear pain and tinnitus) and I should see a neurologist. To be fair, after 5 years of migraine silence, I've had 4 since the beginning of July (that's not terrible, before I sometimes had twice that in a month) but who wants to be fair? He says it is either migraine related or Meniere's (which I didn't want to hear, luckily, I'm mostly deaf in that ear!) but doesn't seem motivated to figure it out or try to treat it. But the ear stuff started in Jan. I don't like being half deaf. But I'll stop whining now.

I'm glad things are generally going well for everyone. I read the posts, I just don't have the time to comment much. I saw the words dark...chocolate...hummus...yum. Love that stuff.

@kandi3570 You buying your mom a fifth reminded me of my gran toting around a fifth of brandy when she travelled (she didn't think we knew). Don't know why...but made me laugh. Mmmm pineapple upside down...have not had that in years.

Melanie, I really hear you on the Meniere's front. I'm here for you if that's what it is. Kristy @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx is good support on the migraine front. You've got a good attitude so stay strong. These things take about two years to accurately diagnose.

Thanks, Theresa!

The migraines I can handle...dealt with them for...27 yrs before the vanished for 5 years. Having them resurface after 5 lovely no migraine years wasn't surprising, just disappointing. I was deliberately being hopeful they'd be gone forever. What's the poem? Nothing good can stay?

It's the ears that are really a pain. Hard to caption videos when the world won't stop spinning and you can't hear anything but ringing...

This is annual crazy time at work (schools reporting enrollment for funding and such...I teach school staff how to report and do troubleshooting for errors and reading reports from the application) so I'm just going to dig in and get Sept & Oct over with and then I'll consider looking at finding an ENT who is interested in figuring out what is up.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 413 Member
    y3xbc42hly3d.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week Four

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.2 (September 17th)
    CW (Current Weight): 165.2 (September 24th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 68.8 lbs

Well, I'll take a maintain right now. Things have been stressful around here, to say the least. And my eating habits have suffered for it. Maybe I can get back on track in the next week or so, but I'm fully expecting September to be a wash, and that's okay. My mental health needs more attention than my physical health at the moment.

In the next week, I'll be reaching 700 rides at the spin studio. This morning was my 696th ride, so it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll reach my milestone by Tuesday morning at the absolute latest. I've been debating starting to attend more weight-training oriented classes and maybe just get a general gym membership to expand my routine and get some cross-training done. Before I left for France last year, I was attending at least one class a week that involved weights and TRX straps, and it benefitted me greatly... I just never got back to it after I returned.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    00/23 steps 15186
  • 1theresamcvean

Well, I'll take a maintain right now. Things have been stressful around here, to say the least. And my eating habits have suffered for it. Maybe I can get back on track in the next week or so, but I'm fully expecting September to be a wash, and that's okay. My mental health needs more attention than my physical health at the moment.

Maintaining is worth its weight in gold. Wait, wait, it’s worth more than that.
This discussion has been closed.