Here again after Fast Metabolism Diet

Options
I've been on MFP for a while now, never really serious about tracking to get any results. Last year I did the Fast Metabolism Diet and lost 10 lbs in 6 months only to gain it back months later when the holidays hit. I liked it because I didn't have to count anything, just stick to the allowed food groups. I did learn a lot on it, however it is very restrictive, no caffeine, sugar, dairy, wheat, white rice, white potatoes, well you get the idea. Very unsustainable. So I'm back, ready to commit and track my calories in a way that better works for my life. Any others with experience with the Fast Metabolism Diet and transition to just counting calories? I'm really looking forward to being able to eat normal food in moderation and lose those 10 lbs again plus some. Thanks.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Great decision, roseym10.

A slow roll vs. those fast metabolism promises of losing 20 lbs in 28 days. Our metabolism is not broken. So many diets promising to be the antidote or the cure become the problem. We can learn to moderate ourselves with food.