Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Muscle Up Workout 1, which is Back, Chest, Shoulders and Abs. I love this workout, because I can go really heavy. They say that we will be getting some frost this weekend in our area. :o Will have to go pick up some of the walnuts, they are falling like crazy. Will be waiting for 11am to roll around, so that I can view the vids from the new workouts. :D

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! That Peloton workout is interesting. They sound a lot like the ones that Kelly does where you use your piece of fitness equipment, and then hope off and do some weight work. They are super fun, and I'm usually out of breath by the end of the workout. Nice that you are liking this weeks workouts so much that you have decided to do another week. Will have to see if we need to put the heat on after the low temps this weekend. Getting down that low can make it pretty chilly waking up in the morning to a cold tile floor. :D I'm looking forward to the nice weekend we are suppose to have also.

Thelma, Awesome workouts! I love that you where laughing about the bicep DOMS, but I'm glad to hear that the workout was so effective. Very happy to hear that the weather is so much better for you, and that the storm has dissipated. I'm trying to learn a lot of new quilting techniques so dd's quilt has incorporated a lot of them. So much I want to try, but so little time to try them out.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with ICE Rock’m Sock’m, and I did the Extreme Premix Scrambled #1, which was 70 minutes of pure fun. Then I did the Muscle Meltdown Triceps x4 premix and Icy Core 1. Such a good way to end the week.

Thelma, great workouts! I hear you on the DOMS! Mine this week was my chest. Yowza! I am so glad you are good repeating these Muscle Meltdowns. For whatever reason, they are just feeling fantastic to me right now. I am glad your rain stopped and the storms didn’t get too bad for you there.

Laurie, great workout. It definitely sounds like the Peloton Bike+Bootcamp are similar to what Kelly does. I think it will make for a fun, challenging change. I think I will be fine through the first bike and strength session but I expect hopping back on that bike is going to be when I really feel the workout kick in. :p I suppose it is time for frost, but, still, it seems a little early. But Fall is just a few days away now, so I guess not. I am still waiting for some of the humidity to leave our air, but it is getting there. Stay warm!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend! We had a very nice fall weekend. DH and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary today. I can't believe it's been 17 years! We didn't do anything special. We just stayed home.

It definitely feels like fall around here so tonight I made pumpkin chili for dinner and DH made corn bread. It was so good!

My workouts on Friday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Restorative Healing yoga, and ICE Rock’m Sock’m Muscle Meltdown x4 Basic Premix #7 Triceps.
    Sunday's workouts were: Monica Pulgarin's Zumba and LIS Total Body Trisets Lower Body.

Laurie, great job with your 30MTF workout!
    Did you have frost? I hope it wasn't too bad picking up those walnuts. What new videos were you looking forward to watching? Kelly's?

You should try those 4X muscle meltdown premixes Laurie, they are really effective and the premixes are about 30 minutes long.

You must be having so much fun making your dd's quilt and learning new techniques too!

Laurel, fantastic workout combo on Friday!

I also had chest DOMS last week but the bicep ones were the ones that shocked me the most. I agree with you about these muscle meltdown workouts feeling fantastic.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well walnut picking was a really good workout on Saturday, and Sunday I spent working on dd's quilt. It is progressing along very nicely. This morning was 30MTF Muscle Up Workout 2, and that one is Legs and Arms.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! When I do that workout of Kelly's it really is tough to get on and off as the workout progresses. I think the hardest part was the legs getting used to the motion of the equipment again. Overall they are great workouts, so I hope you have fun with it. The only part of fall that I don't enjoy is the wasps that are flying around. You can't really enjoy being outside, because they are so pesky. Otherwise the weather was perfect this weekend.

Thelma, Congrats on your Anniversary! DH and I just celebrated our 32nd in August. It took about 2 weeks for us to go out, and we really enjoyed a place that we had not been to in years. Great job on the workouts! We did not get the frost, the temps didn't get down that far. It was a lot of dew on the ground though, so it make it look like we did. :D Cathe is putting out some of the video's of the new workouts. She started on Friday with the low impact one. That one really looks awesome, just from the clip.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good. DH made it home Saturday evening on time, which is always nice when the trip is that long. Yesterday he dedicated to getting my wedding ring out of the HVAC vent....and was successful!! I am so happy and so relieved. I hated that he did that on his first day home, but he wanted to get it done. It is surprising how much such a little thing can mean to me, but it really was bothering me having lost it. Our weather has turned fall-like as well, and I have the windows in the house open today for the first time since May. The fresh air feels so good!

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute Jessica Smith Power Walk followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday I went way off the track I announced last week to go and do the workout I had originally scheduled for the day which was High Step Training, I don’t know why, but it sounded good when I got up yesterday and any time a workout with that many leg presses sounds good, I need to do it. I added on a 20 minute spin just to flush the legs out after it. Today I veered back to my revised plan for the week and did Muscle Meltdown Back x4 premix, the stability ball ab work from Butts and Guts, 30 minutes of Bike+Bootcamp from Peloton and a 15 minute ‘pop’ spin added on to that. I really enjoyed the Bike+Bootcamp workout. These first workouts they did have a lot of explanation and instruction, but the 30 minutes flew by. I will enjoy having this option as long as they keep doing them.

Thelma, Happy Anniversary!! I am glad you enjoyed the day together even without a ‘special’ celebration. Sometimes the simple days are the best ones. I am glad you are enjoying the fall temperatures too. Makes such a huge change! Great job with the workouts. I am going to try to take the weight up just a little bit in parts of these Muscle Meltdown workouts this week, and I think my arms will be spent by the end of the week!

Laurie, sounds like a great weekend. I am glad you escaped the frost this weekend. There is plenty of time yet to come for those cold temperatures. I definitely agree that I felt the transition in this Bike+Bootcamp workout in my legs when I got back on the bike, and they were already tired to begin with from those leg presses I did yesterday. But the workout was moderate enough in intensity that I was able to push through that transition well enough. And I just read that Peloton has now added a section for barre workouts! They are really beginning to expand what they offer, which is nice. For me, I find their workouts outside of the spin classes to be a bit basic, but some days basic is just fine.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, we had our coldest night so far this fall last night. This morning when I woke up the temp outside was 45 degrees.

My workouts today were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba and ICE Metabolic Total Body Muscle Meltdown x4 Basic Premix #7 – Chest.

I love that this woman Monica had a lot of workouts on YouTube. I've been meaning to tell you that since I've been doing Zumba my hips and knee are much better. I also kneaded out the tightness I had deep in my left glute that was affecting my knee. One of my yoga instructors always tells us to sit on the floor at night while we watch TV because it helps the hips. I've been doing and I'm a believer. I switch from a Buddha pose to extended legs or butterfly.

Thanks so much ladies for the congrats on my anniversary!

Laurie, great workouts! I am sure walnut picking was a good workout!
    I'm glad you didn't get any frost. There's a lot of dew on the ground here too.
    We are not planning on going to a restaurant at this time. Our friends may convince us (twist our arms!) to go try a new BBQ place at a neighboring town though.

Laurel, fabulous workouts!! I am so glad your DH is back home and that he recovered your ring!
    Fall is definitely here and 45 degrees feels sooooo cold! LOL

Thankfully we've gotten used to not going to eat and are happy eating at home. He loves what I've been cooking and that is good enough for us.
    I didn't go heavier on Chest because I was feeling tired. I did take time to stretch between sets and after the workout to prevent bad DOMS.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Kickboxing Workout 1, and I used my weighted gloves. So the upper body is nice and toasty right now.

Laurel, Had to do a little laugh when you said that workout sounded good even with all the leg presses in it. :D I see the new lower body workout from Perfect 30 has leg presses in it. :o Great job on all of the workouts that you did this weekend and today. Glad to hear that your DH made it home on time and safe. Awesome news on the ring, I agree that that is one thing that you don't want to lose. My Mom lost her wedding ring, and she was always heartbroken about it. For their 50th wedding anniversary my Dad bought her a new ring, and she cried buckets. Nice that Peloton is offering such a variety of workouts, you are getting your $$ worth. I'm sure once they get going the workouts will become more intense like the spin classes.

Thelma, Great workouts! Very glad to hear that you are able to get that hip working properly again. Wonder what DH would say if I started to sit on the floor while we watch TV. Rocket would be super happy and probably licking my face constantly. :D DH and I have been going to restaurants with no problems. We don't go out every week like we used to, but get take out in some cases. But everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with, and I think that me not having been quarantined gave me a different perspective than other people have.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Muscle Meltdown x4 Chest followed by a fun combo of workouts. I did Cathe Live PHA Supersets followed by Cathe Live 200, the latter being my favorite Cathe circuit workouts either Live or on DVD. So good. The PHA workout was one she filmed a couple of weeks ago, and I really liked it. It felt more like a total body strength workout than some of her PHA workouts, but that felt good to me today. My heart rate wasn’t up as much throughout as some others but she made up for that in using some heavier weights and doing compound moves. It is one I will definitely do again.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you are getting such nice side effects from doing Zumba! That is great news! Boy, you got chilly there. I think we were at 53 degrees this morning, which was a little cooler than yesterday. I am loving having the fresh air in the house again. I did go a little heavier on the chest work today over last week but needed a little longer break between sets. My arms were trembling today!

Laurie, great workout. I saw the leg presses in the new workout too! But I also saw that she was using heavy weight and moving slowly, which really appeals to me. Of the three clips so far, I am impressed and really looking forward to getting the series. It was such an unexpected emotional reaction for me in losing my ring and then getting it back. I suppose sometimes you don’t really know how much something means to you until you’ve accidentally tossed it into the heating vent!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Yoga Basics and ICE Low Impact Sweat-Muscle Meltdown x4 Basic Prmx #7 - Back.
    I went heavier on my back exercises and I'm feeling it!

Laurie, great workout!
    My instructor told us that she has her entire family sit on the floor to watch tv. They have cushions. I sit on the hardwood floor and my behind has actually adjusted.

Laurel, fantastic workout combo! Great job!

We are definitely have chilly temps here. This morning we were in the low 40's.
    I had more energy today and went up on 4 of the 5 exercises.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Athletic Conditioning Volume 1 Workout 1. I would say that this one is HiiT or Tabata, maybe a combo of the two. :D

Laurel, Nice job on the workouts. The PHA workout really does sound good being that it is supersets. I think that is my favorite way to do weight work. I to saw the heavier weight, and the fact that they where sweating. ;) If Cathe is sweating in a weight workout then it has to be good. Getting very excited for these, because they will probably be really good to mix with LITE and ICE workouts.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and that you went heavy on the back. The back is one area that I can lift fairly heavy. Well I for sure will have to try out the floor sitting, but it would have to be on carpet for me. I know that I have been going barefoot or in my stocking feet a lot more lately. I find it much more comfortable than wearing shoes in the house. In fact I noticed that I can control the speed of my sewing machine better going shoeless. I would think that it would be okay, since I wasn't born with shoes on my feet. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Muscle Meltdown x4 Shoulders, Core Max 1 and a 60 minute spin from Peloton. I am feeling so strong this week in these Muscle Meltdowns. Both yesterday and today I picked up a weight on the first set and told myself to just try it for one of the four sets....and ended up using it for all four sets. :o Lifting heavier feels good right now!

Thelma, great workouts. Glad you had more energy yesterday. Stay warm! Our temperatures are going up again for the weekend, but first, we are supposed to get some rain. I really hope we get some this week because we need it.

Laurie, great workout. Both Tabata and HiiT are tough so.....call it what you want. :) I just watched the clip from the Perfect 30 upper body workout and it, too, looks good. Cathe is lifting pretty heavy in it, and that makes me happy to see. I have found that with these Live workouts where she is lifting heavier, it encourages me to go heavier too. I can get so lazy sometimes when I am left on my own and sometimes need that little push to step up in weight.

I am actually going to go get my haircut tomorrow. :o The stylist I have been with since moving to Alaska three years ago has left Ulta and moved to a private salon. I feel more comfortable going to a smaller place than I did going in to Ulta, especially where the Ulta was located (on the border of a county with pretty uncontrollable outbreak of COVID). I am looking forward to getting it trimmed up a bit but will definitely be keeping the gray. I kinda like it. :) But if I don’t check in tomorrow, that is why.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Beginner Gentle Yoga, ICE Boot Camp Circuits Muscle Meltdown X4 Basic Premix #7 – Biceps and Revive and Restore Yoga.
    The beginner gentle class was another amazing hip opener. It was soooo good!

Laurie, great job with that Athletic Conditioning workout!

I need to buy a little cushion for the floor. It would be more comfortable that way but surprisingly I've gotten used to the hardwood floor. Sitting on the carpet will be perfect.
    Walking barefoot is good for your feet after being in shoes all day long. I can't believe you control the speed of your sewing machine better when barefoot!

Here is a short quick opening yoga routine that looks pretty good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmwPjZ_B3w

Laurel, great workout combo!! I am so glad you're feeling stronger this week!

I attempted to go heavier on biceps today and was able to only do the first set with heavier weights. I struggled toward the end of the set so I went back to my slightly lower weight.
    Temps were warmer today during the day which was nice. We're having a rainy night tonight and it will continue raining tomorrow and Friday.

How exciting that you'll get your hair trimmed after all this time! Congrats on keeping your gray! So many women have gone gray as a result of COVID.

I also made an appointment yesterday for a hair trim. I was able to get an appointment for 10/6. I'm trying to let my hair grow longer so I just need the ends cut and maybe reshape whatever I messed up with my DYI haircut! LOL

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well no workout for me this morning, since I forgot to set my alarm and woke up to DH's alarm going off. :# Oh well, that just means that I will have to do a little make up workout on Saturday.

Laurel, Nice that you are really loving the way the workouts are making you feel this week. I also saw the upper body clip yesterday, and that she was lifting really heavy. Like you said that really encourages you to try to do some heavier lifting, so bring on the new workouts! :D I am curious to know what premixes she will be making from these now, since they are such heavy weights. Very happy to hear that you will be getting your hair all fixed up. Did your stylist start renting her own chair? I know that is a very popular thing to do.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Thanks for the hip opening workout, I enjoy those type because I think I really need them. I think that is why I walk around the house barefoot after I get home, being in shoes all day long makes the feet so tired. Yesterday I got a new sewing table, so now the machine is even with the table. I like it because it makes the machine lower, so my shoulders don't have to work so hard.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Just a quick check in. I survived my haircut, but I can’t say it was a great experience. While I loved seeing my stylist again and catching up with her, her new salon just did not make me feel comfortable. It was crowded (I got there when they opened), some of the stylists weren’t wearing masks (despite the statewide mandate), there was no attempt to keep people six feet apart (not even three feet apart), etc. I told her I wasn’t comfortable and, thankfully, I was out of there in less than 30 minutes. But at least I have had my hair trimmed and I should be good to go for several months again. But, sadly, I won’t go back. It is a shame, but in this day an age to see a business not even attempt to take safety precautions really stunned me.

Anyhow, for workouts. I did Muscle Meltdown x4 Biceps, Icy Core 1, and then, for cardio, I did X10 Low Impact into another one of my favorite Cathe Live circuit workouts, Total Body Blast.

Thelma, great workouts. If you haven’t already I would check your salon’s safety protocols. I should have but since my stylist knew I wasn’t comfortable going to Ulta, I trusted her to let me know if this wasn’t going to be good, which was wrong on my part. Anyhow, I was with you on the biceps today. After boasting about feeling so strong yesterday, my little arms hit a wall today! B)

Laurie, sorry about the missed workout, but I imagine the extra sleep didn’t hurt. Yes, my stylist is renting her chair now. Given how busy this place was, she stands to do a decent business there, which will be good for her. I, too, am really anxious to see the premixes from this series.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited September 2020
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were ICE To The Mat: Legs & Glutes Muscle Meltdown x4 Basic Premix #4 Shoulders, Monica Pulgarin's Zumba and Yoga Blast.

We are getting hit by Beta and it's pouring! I hope you can play this video. I recorded the sound of the rain on our metal roof during one of the heavy rain bands.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XWOebRzo1WwKL2Z2Zyj71UL4kkaDM4uh/view?usp=drivesdk

Laurie, sorry you missed your workout but I bet the extra sleep felt good!

I hope you enjoy that hip opening workout. I bet your shoulders are very happy about your new sewing table.

Laurel, I'm sorry you had such an uncomfortable experience at the hair salon. It's a good thing you decided to not color your hair.

Great workout combo! I was actually stronger with shoulders today which felt really good.
    I am going to ask my stylist about the salon's safety protocols. The salon is very small. There are only two chairs if I remember correctly. My friend just got her hair cut and she told me they only allow one customer at-a-time. I will text her tomorrow to make sure though.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF Weights Workout 1, this is Back, Chest and Legs. I guess that you can include abs in this, since she does standing ab moves in between each superset.

Laurel, I'm so sorry to hear that your experience at the salon did not make you feel comfortable. I know for sure that Alta will be more to your liking for safety. The corporate policy is masks for everyone, and they have to disinfect the salon chair after every client. They also limit the number of stylist that can be there, so that cuts down on the amount of clientele. ;) Awesome job on your workouts! Yes the extra sleep did feel good. :D

Thelma, Great job on the workouts, and glad to hear that your shoulders felt stronger! I will have to check out the link when I have the chance, I'm sure that it will sound impressive. Hope that you have a comfortable experience when getting your hair cut. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Muscle Meltdown x4 Triceps and Cathe’s live workout from Thursday which was Cardio Boxing Bootcamp. I had hoped to have the energy to add something on to that workout but I didn’t. :) I think the cooler, gloomy weather and the change of season has me wanting coffee and a book instead of workout clothes and weights. B) But we are supposed to be back in the 80s this weekend, so this is just temporary no doubt.

Thelma, great workouts! We had rain like that yesterday too! But it doesn’t sound as loud on our roof. After dinner last night I wanted to be outside for a few minutes, so DH and I went and sat on the deck and between the sound of the wind and rain and the water running behind us draining from higher areas on the hill....it was pretty loud out there. Of course, I loved it.

Laurie, great workout. I agree about Ulta being better. I am pretty angry at my stylist for knowing about my concerns at Ulta and not letting me know her situation was far worse where she moved. But I am more angry at myself for not doing my due diligence. To be fair, I did look up the salon, read reviews and such. But I really should have walked out before I ever sat down. It is just hard for me to do that with somebody I know. But....lesson learned.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and quiet. My workouts on Friday were Monica Pulgarin's Zumba, Restorative Healing yoga and Sculpted-Movement Fusion. Workout on Sunday was S&S Boot Camp.

DH lost his wedding ring. I was devastated when I discovered that the ring wasn't in it's usual spot. It was such a special ring. The artist was in New Zealand and our jewelry store had to find a way to get us the ring to the US. I knew he was going to lose it. He had this bad habit of putting it in his pants pockets when he had to take it off. We don't even know when he lost it. Neither one of us have worn our rings since the quarantine started.

Laurie, great job with the 30MTF workout.
    I hope I have a better experience when I go get my hair cut. My friend went two weeks ago and she said they only take one client at-a-time so I hope that will still be the case when I go in. There are only two chairs there so it makes sense that they only take one client at-a-time.

Laurel, awesome workouts on Friday!
    Our temps have warmed up but not in the 80's. I think we are probably in the high 60's - low 70's during the day.
    We don't sit outside when it rains but we do like watching the rain from inside.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend. It started out really warm, and then the rain and cold came. It is fall weather outside for sure. I didn't workout on Saturday. I'm taking an online free course to learn about quilting with rulers. I had to get my quilt top prepped, and then I worked some more on dd's quilt. Rocket again had an encounter with the skunk, so our house had to be cleaned yesterday. DH did the carpets, and I did the floors. This time wasn't as bad as the last. Sunday I did the workout that I missed on Thursday, which was 30MTF Cardio Kickbox Workout 1. So I was putting Rocket out this morning, and he got to the edge of the patio, turned around and came back into the house. So I went outside with my flashlight and looked around the yard, sure enough there was the skunk. Guess my man has learned a lesson, probably because it was in his face. I think the skunk is eating the grubs in the yard, so we will have to do a prescan of the yard before little man goes outside. This morning my workout was 30MTF Weights Workout 2 which is Biceps, Triceps and Shoulders.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! The weather is a factor in wanting to workout or cuddle up with a good book. When it starts to get cold and damp that is when I start feeling like that.

Thelma, Awesome job on all your workouts! I always have a special place that I put my ring when I take it off. We have this gnome driving a car, and his hat is just the right size for holding our rings. I had crushed my ring when I was moving rocks a few years ago and lost one of the diamonds. Since then I put my ring on that gnome when I do any work in the garden. :D

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very quiet. Ran some errands, did some work in the yard, reorganized the pantry....so it was relatively productive while still being relaxing. For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Belly, Buns and Thigh walk followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was Pyramid Lower Body followed by a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride from Peloton. Today was Pyramid Upper Body followed by Rockout Knockout and a walk with DH.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so sorry to hear about your DHs wedding ring. I always put my ring on a ring holder when I am not wearing it (which didn’t stop me from dropping it into the heating vent, unfortunately), but my DH just puts his wherever. I am surprised he has never lost it, but he is also on his fourth ring since we married because he is so hard on them. I hope, in time, you can find a nice replacement that will have some sentimental value for both of you. By the way, I am adding an extra upper and lower body workout this week so my workouts will be a little out of order. But it just feels so good to be lifting right now, so I am just going to go with it. But I am still doing the workouts I had planned....just adding on. I don’t know if I will do the same next week.

Laurie, your weekend weather sounds like what we are getting today and tomorrow. I think last night might have been our last ‘summer’ night for awhile. Yikes on Rocket and another skunk! But good on him for avoiding another one today. Must be the season for skunks. Great workouts!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel