What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Replies

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Not much. My daughter is gone for the night, my boyfriend is gone hunting for a few days. I'm just listening to some music and enjoying some me time.

Eta: Not a fan of hunting, don't even want to think about it 😭

my husband used to hunt deer when we first got together. he and his friend would come back to our house and clean and cut everything . i said if there's blood anywhere when i get home - you're out

It's moose hunting here right now. Thankfully if they get one they're going to do all that *kitten* in his dads garage. I can guarantee you won't see me there 😂

have you had moose meat? i've had deer meat and i'm not really a fan. maybe the Bambi element is subconsciously assisting that.

I have and I was only told after I ate it.😅 it was very well marinated and was in a stir-fry. 🤣

I don’t understand why game meat eaters always feel the need to trick people. I know what you’re doing. I know the difference. And I’m ALWAYS suspicious of chilli’s and stews and roasts if it’s not someone I know well. I really don’t want to eat that stuff from anyone anyway.🤢 But, why the trickery? My life is still good if I don’t want to consume your stupid venison. 😂

not venison related. i bamboozled my kids when they were small making tuna salad instead of chicken salad. still haven't lived it down.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Not much. My daughter is gone for the night, my boyfriend is gone hunting for a few days. I'm just listening to some music and enjoying some me time.

my husband used to hunt deer when we first got together. he and his friend would come back to our house and clean and cut everything . i said if there's blood anywhere when i get home - you're out

It's moose hunting here right now. Thankfully if they get one they're going to do all that *kitten* in his dads garage. I can guarantee you won't see me there 😂

have you had moose meat? i've had deer meat and i'm not really a fan. maybe the Bambi element is subconsciously assisting that.

I have and I was only told after I ate it.😅 it was very well marinated and was in a stir-fry. 🤣

I don’t understand why game meat eaters always feel the need to trick people. I know what you’re doing. I know the difference. And I’m ALWAYS suspicious of chilli’s and stews and roasts if it’s not someone I know well. I really don’t want to eat that stuff from anyone anyway.🤢 But, why the trickery? My life is still good if I don’t want to consume your stupid venison. 😂

not venison related. i bamboozled my kids when they were small making tuna salad instead of chicken salad. still haven't lived it down.

I’d do the same. They are your children. It’s a teaching experience.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Fighting for my right to choose my fl
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Fighting for my right to choose my fl

?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

you monster.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

Gonna play Devil's Advocate here--cause otherwise people get all uptight and cranky about eating game meats like pheasant or people or venison and sometimes you just want to expand their horizons and maybe initiate them into the group/cult/club at the same time

sk5icoslod0k.jpeg
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Bob’s Burgers

rs22drnmcfnd.jpeg
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Bambi is Good stuff. You gotta stay open Minded.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    listening to John Coltrane

.... it's his birthday today

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Throwing my hands up in the air 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    listening to John Coltrane

.... it's his birthday today

I missed it 😭
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I wouldn’t trick anyone and always have beef and chicken on hand to cook. But, if they are willing I would appreciate if they would at least try it to make sure they don’t like it. Venison is a generic term for many cuts of wild animal.

Wat?...

So you mean to tell me that time I had venison stew it might not actually have been deer, but like a racoon or some *kitten* 😬...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

My kid has been watching that a lot lately... He's learned so much and has told me many things I never knew...

Like how D-day actually took place on Rommels birthday... While most kids his age are playing with Japanimation toys, he's renacting the battle of Iwo Jima with little green army man...

It's awesome lol
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

My kid has been watching that a lot lately... He's learned so much and has told me many things I never knew...

Like how D-day actually took place on Rommels birthday... While most kids his age are playing with Japanimation toys, he's renacting the battle of Iwo Jima with little green army man...

It's awesome lol

My son woke me up late one night this week to tell me he had to give a presentation the next morning and he forgot about it. We got up at 5 the next morning to work on it. It was about Jewish ghettos, and I was absolutely enthralled. As much as I get into wwii history, I had never heard of the ghettos. I was wishing we had more time to dig into it 😅
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    hrichts wrote: »
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

It's awesome lol

My son woke me up late one night this week to tell me he had to give a presentation the next morning and he forgot about it. We got up at 5 the next morning to work on it. It was about Jewish ghettos, and I was absolutely enthralled. As much as I get into wwii history, I had never heard of the ghettos. I was wishing we had more time to dig into it 😅

You know... As much as I encourage him learning about ww2 and the battles / military history... I've explained a little bit to him about the holocaust but usually steer him away from this aspect... Some history is just too dark...

He'll learn about that when he's a little older...

Right now his thing is the Pacific Theater... He's turning into a total history nerd like me 🤓
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I'm headed into town and making my way to the grocery store, it's a 50 mile round trip. I will be buying one Quest Birthday Cake bar. Only one. I was dreaming about it last night while sitting on the couch at the speed of zero. I was watching Moonstruck. I wanted to drive into town but I would've missed the movie. I'm going to get that bar. I thought about buying an entire box but they'd look too cute and adorable sitting over there on my counter.

I'll get some more Juan Valdez instant coffee because it tastes good in protein drinks and it adds flavor to greek yogurt, just a tad. Life is too short to hesitate. I'm on a quest. So long now.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Making soup
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Making soup

oooh what kind???