Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    iwjgpjdel6yz.jpg

6 slices of 647 Italian Bread. 1 scoop of quest cinnamon crunch protein powder, 3 servings egg beaters. 415 calories, 47g protein, 5g fat, 89carbs 51g fiber.

NICE!!!!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    iwjgpjdel6yz.jpg

6 slices of 647 Italian Bread. 1 scoop of quest cinnamon crunch protein powder, 3 servings egg beaters. 415 calories, 47g protein, 5g fat, 89carbs 51g fiber.

NICE!!!!!!

It's my go to quick meal. And if you want to save 110 calories, skip the protein powder. I like the extra protein and i use Walden farms syrup
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited September 2020
    iwjgpjdel6yz.jpg

I love low calorie stuff and went through a period recently where I ate a ton of this bread. But does it give anyone else headache? It's the only bread that seems to make my head hurt shortly after eating it. Anyone else??
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    iwjgpjdel6yz.jpg

I love low calorie stuff and went through a period recently where I ate a ton of this bread. But does it give anyone else headache? It's the only bread that seems to make my head hurt shortly after eating it. Anyone else??

I have been eating it for about 6 months with no issues. Neither does my wife.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Evamutt wrote: »
    This dessert always fills me up: 170g plain non fat greek yogurt, (100 cal) 4 Tbl of cool whip(50 cal) & 1 packet of swiss miss hot cocoa mix(no sugar added) 60 cal oh, I also add some chocolate sprinkles on top

I had that yesterday, except subbing the choc. mix with drizzles of SF maple syrup. It was delicious but I just can't buy Cool Whip very often. It's a food of the devil. :) A texture I love, but I overeat on it, there's no nutritional value and who knows what it's made of. :( It does fill me up and also leaves me wanting more and more.

I agree with you on the ban on CoolWhip... but how can you say that it fills you up and then makes you want more?
    It does not fill me up at all, it just makes me hate myself for eating the whole tub and want more of it lol

Totally an emotional and textural want, nothing more. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^^oh yes...the tahini is everything! Looks yum
  • Noreenmarie1234
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    MARSHMALLOWS

c6iem87qdczp.png

40 calories for the pan

Recipe & directions : (this makes ONE 8x8 inch pan for 40 calories)
    -measure 1/2 cup cold water & place in a mixing bowl

-evenly sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over water (wait a few mins for it to bloom, then mix it up)

-in the meantime, boil 1/2 water you can add whatever sugar (or substitute to taste) and whatever extract you want to make different flavors. I squirt some Crystal Light of choice and some squirts of stevia

-Once the water is bubbling, immediately pour into the mixing bowl (this really expands...use a big bowl) over the gelatin, and start mixing with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for about 10-12 minutes. (add food coloring to make them pretty 😋)

-Immediately transfer to an 8x8 in pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal
    Let them set up a few hours in fridge

OMG THIS IS BRILLIANT! Going to make these tomorrow, I already asked my mom to borrow her hand mixer LOL. How was the texture? Do they come out similar to regular marshmallows?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^pretty close imho
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ^pretty close imho

Oooh very interesting!! Will definitely consider this. :) bought a bag of plain marshmallows mid-summer because I was in the mood for toasted marshmallows and found out how to do it without a campfire. I was sooo in the mood. But they didn't last long enough for me to try it. :blush: Right out of the bag seemed to work at the time. :(

But your recipe sounds like it's worth a try, using vanilla or maple extract?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    MARSHMALLOWS

c6iem87qdczp.png

40 calories for the pan

-evenly sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over water (wait a few mins for it to bloom, then mix it up)

-in the meantime, boil 1/2 water you can add whatever sugar (or substitute to taste) and whatever extract you want to make different flavors. I squirt some Crystal Light of choice and some squirts of stevia

-Once the water is bubbling, immediately pour into the mixing bowl (this really expands...use a big bowl) over the gelatin, and start mixing with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for about 10-12 minutes. (add food coloring to make them pretty 😋)

-Immediately transfer to an 8x8 in pan lined with parchment paper for easy removal

OMG THIS IS BRILLIANT! Going to make these tomorrow, I already asked my mom to borrow her hand mixer LOL. How was the texture? Do they come out similar to regular marshmallows?

Awesome sauce im going to get the vegan unflavored gelatin and make this!!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    MARSHMALLOWS

c6iem87qdczp.png

40 calories for the pan

Awesome sauce im going to get the vegan unflavored gelatin and make this!!

Agar agar.... great stuff not only for vegans. Sets things up much better than gelatin IMHO

yes I have used that many times as well 🙂
  • relax8
    relax8 Posts: 23 Member
    Iporter229 what do you use for the mu shu pancakes?
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    BecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 150 Member
    Just bumpity bumping this thread so I can find it easily. My go-to volume for the summer was Coke Zero and frozen grapes, and I’m looking for volume ideas for colder days.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    You can star check your favorites to be found easier. But my new favorite volume food is Greek ungrain bowls! I love it a lot!
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    What is a Greek ungrained bowl?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Come on......

uq0g80oxe10c.jpg

What are the white chunks