New to keto!

Today is day 1! Any advice for a newbie much appreciated...I need to lose about 25 lbs.

Replies

• herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Maria Emmerich is full of knowledge and information on the keto lifestyle and even eating carnivore. Check out her website. Lots of recipes too!
    Mariamindbodyhealth.com
  • sunshinedaydream21
    sunshinedaydream21 Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks so much ladies. So far I have been loving it. One thing I am very concerned about is "hair loss". I've been reading about this in a facebook group. Any tips to make sure this doesn't happen? IS it really common?
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    From what I've read hair loss is not keto specific, it's related to weight loss in general. I've seen it recommended to make sure you are getting adaquate protein and iron to help avoid hair loss.
  • sunshinedaydream21
    sunshinedaydream21 Posts: 62 Member
    Thankyou!!! I would say I am getting more of both than ever, as I am no longer eating bagels all day haha. Thanks.
  • minxiemoogan
    minxiemoogan Posts: 3 Member
    I am new to Keto and fasting. My biggest problem, is decent easy to follow Dinner recipes, to keep me motivated.
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Any one trying the Chaffle thing? What recipe works best for you?
  • walker1world
    I am new to Keto and fasting. My biggest problem, is decent easy to follow Dinner recipes, to keep me motivated.

In my experience routine is my friend. If you feel you have to have variety, this may get complicated.

The 1 thing I gave had to come to grips with is the bar and shakes only make me hungry. There if few pre made foods I can eat that dosen't trigger a glucose spike for me. So I try to keep it simple.

Eggs and bacon, sausage are my go to foods. I really only eat once a day now. So that makes it alot easier. Cause when I make a roast I eat on it for a week cause I switch between eating eggs 1 day and the roast the next. I am trying the Chaffle thing. But it is proving to be more complicated than it is worth.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    Any one trying the Chaffle thing? What recipe works best for you?

Joe Duff and KetoFocus have some good recipes.
  • walker1world
    thank
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    Hello, I'm on day one I found someone on you tube who makes it easy to start by eating the same menu for a week while learning so I'm doing that
  • walker1world
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Hello, I'm on day one I found someone on you tube who makes it easy to start by eating the same menu for a week while learning so I'm doing that

Good luck, embrace eating fat.
  • icemaiden64
    icemaiden64 Posts: 1 Member
    Completing day 2 on keto. Need to loose 48 pounds to reach ideal weight. Using recipes on dietdoctor.com. Wish me luck.
  • 0125Maria
    0125Maria Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all! I just joined. I have 43 lbs to lose. Fingers crossed -- looking to sharing ideas and thoughts!
  • Sarinaamarinaa
    Sarinaamarinaa Posts: 7 Member
    1st day of keto ! kinda confused :) helpppp
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator

Don't do it until you understand the diet. Otherwise its a good way to get an electrolyte imbalance causing cramps, headache, and other issues.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

Don't do it until you understand the diet. Otherwise its a good way to get an electrolyte imbalance causing cramps, headache, and other issues.

Too right!
    @Sarinaamarinaa I recommend reading this FAQ from Reddit's Keto: https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
    It should clear everything up. If you still have questions after, please ask them!