The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    BahstenB10 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I did it! Decided to make a goal of walking at least 25km total this week and I did 30!!! Monday I started and today and yesterday had the big push to get it done! I found a beautiful new area to walk through with giant hills, have enjoyed watching the leaves change colour and in my mind I've been easy on my knee that's sore. Happy almost weekend peeps!!!?

Glad you decided to do your hills yesterday!! :smile: Way to go and Happy Friday!

Haha I did the today too. Apparently I live at the edge of a valley.

Starting the weekend out right aren't cha? Wish I could get outside today. All rain over here in VA. Stuck indoors. WHOMP.

Awww boooo. We're having second summer right now. We'll have real fall next week again but might as well enjoy shorts weather while I can

So jealous. We have been in a VERY wet hurricane season down here. It just doesn't stop raining. Ever. It has been relatively perfect out during the day temperature wise and chilly at night.

We tend to not get hurricanes although way long ago one found its way up here and now we have massive flood plains around the rivers as a result 😂🤣

Eastern, western, or central Canada?

Central. Which to westerners is east and to Easterners is west hahaha
    That’s a hard place to get a hurricane ha! It had to come right up the gut! No wonder you don’t see them often.

Hurricane hazel in 1954. Took a weird path and apparent stalled over here. My dad always said it was the only day his dad drove him to work cause the only way he could get there was some crazy route since everything was blocked. Oh ya you like weather. Check it out.
    Oh I will for sure! Don’t blame your dad. Hurricanes are NOT FUN to drive in.

I saw on Wikipedia a comment had it been a blizzard we would've been able to handle it. We don't understand hurricanes here but we understand blizzards 🤣😂 ice storms are another story
  • jdayal420
    jdayal420 Posts: 7 Member
    What’s up everyone? I’m down to 195 from 200 2 weeks ago doing exercise bike cardio 4-5x a week along with weightlifting 4x per week (upper and lower alternating). I’ve switched to doing intervals on 2 of the cardio days. Doing 30 minutes straight moderate pace on 2 days with exercise bike and on the other days biking with a 3 minute warmup followed by 3 minutes of high intensity followed by 1 minute slow pace for 10 sets then finished with a 3 minute cool down. I had to increase intensity to make my caloric burn because I was walking 4 miles each night but I have an unexplainable stabbing pain in my right foot which now makes that extremely uncomfortable. The intervals have a good calorie burn but that workout completely kicked my *kitten*. Do these get easier with frequency or is that just how that is? Have a good weekend and best wishes from the Mile High 5280 area! 😉
  • BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    I did it! Decided to make a goal of walking at least 25km total this week and I did 30!!! Monday I started and today and yesterday had the big push to get it done! I found a beautiful new area to walk through with giant hills, have enjoyed watching the leaves change colour and in my mind I've been easy on my knee that's sore. Happy almost weekend peeps!!!?

Glad you decided to do your hills yesterday!! :smile: Way to go and Happy Friday!

Haha I did the today too. Apparently I live at the edge of a valley.

Starting the weekend out right aren't cha? Wish I could get outside today. All rain over here in VA. Stuck indoors. WHOMP.

Awww boooo. We're having second summer right now. We'll have real fall next week again but might as well enjoy shorts weather while I can

So jealous. We have been in a VERY wet hurricane season down here. It just doesn't stop raining. Ever. It has been relatively perfect out during the day temperature wise and chilly at night.

We tend to not get hurricanes although way long ago one found its way up here and now we have massive flood plains around the rivers as a result 😂🤣

Eastern, western, or central Canada?

Central. Which to westerners is east and to Easterners is west hahaha
    That’s a hard place to get a hurricane ha! It had to come right up the gut! No wonder you don’t see them often.

Hurricane hazel in 1954. Took a weird path and apparent stalled over here. My dad always said it was the only day his dad drove him to work cause the only way he could get there was some crazy route since everything was blocked. Oh ya you like weather. Check it out.
    Oh I will for sure! Don’t blame your dad. Hurricanes are NOT FUN to drive in.

I saw on Wikipedia a comment had it been a blizzard we would've been able to handle it. We don't understand hurricanes here but we understand blizzards 🤣😂 ice storms are another story
    We had like two “blizzards” here in VA 😂. Heat!? Yeah we got that. Hurricanes? We got that. Tornaders? We got that. Haha. Do you wanna trade for a season!? Although I’m not sure I want to.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers.. hi to the new and the old :)

Happy weekend to you all, make it a good one.
  • claytjones564
    claytjones564 Posts: 8 Member
    Another weekend to continue my fitfather workout routine. I’m hoping to reach my goals this weekend and not slack off. Have a lovely weekend everyone
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Happy Saturday💕

Have a good weekend everyone 😊
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    @AliNouveau (and anyone else in Ontario😊) - can you believe the weather we’ve had in September?? Most gorgeous fall ever!💕
  • AliNouveau
    @AliNouveau (and anyone else in Ontario😊) - can you believe the weather we’ve had in September?? Most gorgeous fall ever!💕

Haven't we had beautiful weather for summer and now fall? How did we get so lucky! I was watching the news and they're saying it will be hot and humid today so get outside!!!! I might try to find some trails to go explore.
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Happy Saturday everyone!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Here where I live in the U.S, it been raining on and off for days. It's starting to turn cooler and it feels really nice.
  • CapeCourtney12
    CapeCourtney12 Posts: 7 Member
    @Kitty2Katz what I wouldn’t do for some rain here in the Northeast! Everything is sooo dry. I really enjoy the fall, but I’m looking forward to some rain...hopefully some will head our way soon.

Enjoy your weekend!
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Happy Saturday!!!
  • mdroun
    mdroun Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. Look forward to talking to everyone.
  • AliNouveau
    Who's getting outside for some fun today? I've taken my allergy meds, filled the water bottles and found a spot to explore.
  • jiujitsudad15118
    Who's getting outside for some fun today? I've taken my allergy meds, filled the water bottles and found a spot to explore.

Where ya gonna explore???
  • AliNouveau

A place called Limehouse. They used to mine lime there and there are kilns and a river and rocky crevices to explore.
  • jiujitsudad15118

A place called Limehouse. They used to mine lime there and there are kilns and a river and rocky crevices to explore.

Oh wow!! That sounds super cool!! Take pics????
  • PinkFleurs1980
    PinkFleurs1980 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 40 and back into a healthier lifestyle, please add me.
  • AliNouveau
    Well added another 4km to my walking total distance today so looks like I'll end the week with over 34km logged this week. Next week I want to try to hit a marathon length. Today's hike was quite lovely
    .hope you're all enjoying the weekend