Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• BaileyCat88
    BaileyCat88 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello!

I will take 99 days left for sure people. So my district ended up in the news last night for our covid cases. Our principal is in quarantine because her grandson tested positive. Our psychologist is also in quarantine because her daughter was exposed. Yikes we kinda need those people. I brought a bunch of stuff home and will get an office set up. I won't be surprised if we are back home soon. I am hoping my weight continues down for tomorrow. I'm not having much trouble staying in my calories, too busy to eat ha! Well, whatever happens at work I feel like I have done a ton of prep and I have a good foundation for at home or at work. Tomorrow I have my assistant with me and we are ignoring all the paperwork and hanging out with kids in the classrooms!

I am so sorry to hear that. Our district started out working from home and it's actually going OK. They keep talking about going to the hybrid model (kids go into school for half days) by Nov. 2, but when I hear news like this I wonder if it will happen. Good luck! Stay well.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    edited September 2020
    PW 172.8
    CW 173.4 :(
    LTD 26.8
    All things considered it could have been much worse. My husband is out of town for 10 days working and I have found myself grazing instead of taking time to prepare proper meals. Makes it way too easy to overeat!
    But the last 2 days have been better so maybe I am back in the groove looking to Dec 31!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    I pre-ordered a PS5!!!! I'm just screaming right now omg.

Get ready because when I pick that thing up in November you won't see me again for months lol.

Haha, what game(s) are you getting?? I'm a gamer too but I'm still hooked on my Nintendo switch at the moment so PS5 can wait for me. I'm just playing Zelda BOTW for the first time :)
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    @micki48 So sorry to hear the world is causing you stress. I find these days I have to compartmentalize everything into what is in my sphere of influence, and what is outside. So I focus only on the things where my actions can make a difference and consciously let go of the things I can't do anything about. Not sure if that is helpful but it has been working for me.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Happy camping! That is my happy place as well although sadly there has been very little of it this summer.

@Kali225 Well done, both on the scale and the wine bottle!

@conleywoods So many things being re-invented these days. Good luck on finding what you can make work for the kidlets.

@Terytha Happy PS5 dance!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    spyro88 wrote: »

Get ready because when I pick that thing up in November you won't see me again for months lol.

Haha, what game(s) are you getting?? I'm a gamer too but I'm still hooked on my Nintendo switch at the moment so PS5 can wait for me. I'm just playing Zelda BOTW for the first time :)

My husband just picked up BOTW too. He's really enjoying it.

As for me, I want Stray on the PS5 because who doesn't want to play as an adventuring cat wearing a tiny little backpack? I also want Final Fantasy 16 and Project Athia because wow, gorgeous.

We have all the consoles except the Xbox One, and most of the handhelds. Between us we've amassed hundreds of games. They have taken over the living room.

So yeah. Any given day involves any games on any platform, and thats the kind of people we are lol.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member

I'll put a weekly reminder into my calendar to tell you to get up and go outside!!! or to the gym!
  • jugar
    What a Friday!

It looks like we're doing pretty well, folks - some amazing losses ( @Pearl4686 @KellyBgetsfit @Kali225 WTG!!!), and the joys of solo camping, PS5, new doors, fish and chips delivery, hair colour repair, and artwork. Nice. Of course, then there are the school quarantines, husbands in pain (I am on the exact same page with you @Gidgitgoescrazy - definitely lacking in the sweetness and light approach when it comes to men suffering and making sure we know it), too much news, and an MS episode. I am pleased to know that fish and chips delivery is a helpful treatment, and I know we are all sending many hugs to give you a low-calorie dessert @YinxFed !

I had a blast at a TRX class today - but boy am I going to be sore! I won't keep going to the class, but I have some new ideas for using the TRX more at home. Sometimes it helps just to get some inspiration. I was a bit worried about going to a gym, but the room was very large, only 8 people in the class, and each TRX was far enough apart that it did not feel too scary. I was certainly the oldest person there and it was a heckuva workout! And I kept my control when I had to go buy some food, so I'm feeling a bit more on track today. 97 more and January 1st will be looking good :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi everyone. Enjoyed reading your news. Some really great losses and great ideas. Thanks for the support. I am concentrating on the things I can do something about, but making a plan for a possible big life change is stressful along with a whole lot of uncertainty. Plus we’ve had three really gloomy days. On top of all that, my daughter was told at work this afternoon that one of her co-workers is positive for Covid19 (there are 15 people in the office, so not a big office). So they were sent home and told to get tested. Her doctor said wait until Monday so she doesn’t get a false negative. So now we wait. We don’t have to get tested unless she is positive. I really feel strongly that she is fine. We shall see.
  • jugar
    OK a quick heads up before crashing into sleep!

Friday weigh-ins still due:
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498

Saturday weigh-ins:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @spyro88
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    @jugar
    PW 93.1
    CW 92.6

So please I have had a loss despite my indulgences last weekend - getting back to the gym definitely paid off!

@Terytha Omg yes the cat game looks amazing - that would be the temptation for me if any! I am also a big Final Fantasy fan (and gamer in general). Loved FF15 on the PS4. Let me know how the PS5 is when it comes! :) Hope it doesn't affect your MFP presence too much haha.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    PW 212
    CW 212
This discussion has been closed.