The Wii.

Does anybody use the wii as part of their exercise routine?
I'm always pushed for blocks of time so try and fit my exercise around everything... Been doing the 30 day shred at the moment.
Just wondered what's the best calorie burner on there?

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    yep i have done and do from time to time still the beast games are
    EA active sports 1 and 2
    2 is the best as it has a heart rate monitor with it x
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    i used it at first...............

the wii fit is ok and i still use that to track my weight.

there is a load of new Wii games to get and work out games.

Zumba is meant to be good (but having two left feet i stayed away)
    the wii active games are very good.

But the basic wii fit and wii fit plus is a good way to start and get used to getting the heart rate up.
  • Evamuse
    Evamuse Posts: 14 Member
    I use the wii, Zumba is really good.
    It has helped a lot with my weight loss so far
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Stationary bike and interval training.
  • I've bought Zumba but I'm yet to really be able to use it because I can't get he sound on my tv to work with it :sad:...
    I think I might try and squeeze some wii time in then haha!
  • digby1977
    digby1977 Posts: 4 Member
    I love my WII Fit Plus and use it often. Also use it to track my dog's weight. I have the Just Dance II for Wii and really enjoy it. I also have Gold's Gym which has Latin Dance and Boxing. Gave up on the Latin Dance. Seems I have no rhythm. But I love the boxing workout and it keeps track of your calorie burn.
  • I like doing boxing on wii, really makes ya sweat and you feel it in arms the next day!!
    30mins a day is good enough!
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    The Bigget Loser. The Fitness Programme exercise routine are really good and push you. I've lost 9lb in just over a month using it.
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    I use Wii Fit Plus daily. You burn more once you get to the advanced levels. The 30 minute run or bike ride are great. I often do boxing and skateboarding too. Advanced step is a nice warmup.
  • I think I'm definitely going to start now, you've all convinced me :smile:.
    Think I defiantly need to get the sound sorted though lol x
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I love playing Just dance and normally burn about 200 cals per half an hour, it doesnt feel like exercise.

The best work out is EA active 2 though, lost 9 inches both times I have done the 9 week programme on there.
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    I wouldnt be able to live without my Wii. I love wii fit plus as when i dont have to time i just go on and do 10 or maybe 20 mins running.
    I also have dance revolution with dance mat which is really fun and u dont feel like your working out either, although u get a real sweat on. I can burn around 300 calories in about 45 mins doing that :) x
  • stringplayer
    stringplayer Posts: 1 Member
    I just got my wii out after 2 years of lying in dormancy. I'm starting from the beginning & working up. I will be looking for more vigorous workouts to burn calories. I am currently walking & building up my strength everyday.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    i have the following:

wii fit can not remeber which one i like. :(
    wii fit plus hoola hoop my fave my kids can not even beat me. :D
    gold's gym cardio mostly boxing
    gold's gym dance workout mostly dance

they all keep track of how long you work out and how many calories you burn. All of them you can set up your own personal workout.
    i love them all

oh yea wii sports i love the tennis
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    i have the following:

wii fit can not remeber which one i like. :(
    wii fit plus hoola hoop my fave my kids can not even beat me. :D
    gold's gym cardio mostly boxing
    gold's gym dance workout mostly dance

they all keep track of how long you work out and how many calories you burn. All of them you can set up your own personal workout.
    i love them all

oh yea wii sports i love the tennis

I love boxing on wii and would love a boxing game, whats the golds gym cardio like ?