Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Timibotkin
    PW 280.4
    CW 278.2
    I also lost an additional 175 lbs this week. I finally had the courage to end my relationship. Hopefully I will be able to stand by it.
    I apologize, I haven’t been keeping up with posts at all. I have continued to go to the gym and work out as much as possible. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hugs and strength to you, Timi. You are strong!

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    @1heresamcvean it does. I knew I would have a decent loss this week because I knew I was high for weigh in day last week. But you’re right it still feels good. I wanted below 210 before the end of the month. So I’m very pleased.
    @debbiewsharpe thank you!!! Maybe I’ll end the 5 weeks at 205. Doubt it but a girl can dream right.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Grrr. I just wrote a lovely long post and it’s out there somewhere in the ether. I’m not great with MFP on my phone but already have my feet up after a busy week.

From memory, here’s the gist of it.

I will post my weigh in tomorrow after a sedentary week. I’ve been at my desk, head down working to launch the new business while also doing genealogy work for clients. It’s a solitary business and I know I’m on a roll when I’m down a rabbit hole. That makes it tricky to come up for air.

I had Pippa and Gilbert yesterday. I’m not sure if I posted about this last night because I was wiped right out. I took them for a grand picnic at Christie Pits park. It was just lovely until an eager puppy dove right into our picnic blanket and was all, “I have a ball and want to play, plus your food smells so good!” My dog, Xavy, and Gilbert who’s 16 months, and Pippa, who’s 3, weren’t able to read his body language and were blown over literally and figuratively.

Until tomorrow, you are all great!
  • 1theresamcvean
    p.s. I also wanted to recommend a documentary on Netflix called The Playbook. It’s a five part series with some amazing sports coaches sharing their rules for life. Legends like Jose Mourinho, Don Rivers, Jill Ellis, and a couple more. Great inspiration!
  • 1theresamcvean
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Y'all. The first six weeks of school is done. I've missed everyone, and I'm going to be getting back into checking in daily.

You’re sounding good, Casey! I’m so happy you are balancing this strange school year well enough to come back. Not surprised, just happy.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    Pw 122 lbs
    CW 124 lbs
    Steps
    Sun 18,691
    Mon 16,441
    Tues 19,191
    Wed 14,876
    Thu 7,584
    Fri 20,501
    Sat 4,650
    Total 101,934
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/26 steps 5934
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Freeglerock
    Week 4
    PW: 171.9
    CW: 171.6
    LTD: 46.9

Weight is from Wednesday. Pleased to see it go down a little, but must admit I have not really been overly focused since hurting my back last Saturday (my son was teaching me karate!). My back is feeling a little better now, so hoping to be back exercising a little more this coming week. Just can't seem to get my head back in the game properly...

Will spend some time later reading through some posts from this group that I have missed - I'm sure that will help motivate me!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @Freeglerock
    I find it hard to focus on food and exercise when I have pain issues too. Sorry about your back. Glad it's feeling a little better. I've never done karate. Sounds like fun!

You'll get your head back in the game! I have confidence in you! It took me a while too.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Saturday 9/26
    Food: good
    Exercise: 2 short walks

My dad came over and gave me his old 32" TV. He got a larger one from the family he does yard work for (they got a wall mounted one). I didn't realize how small the one I had really was. I think 19".

I spent my day doing a load of laundry and did some cooking. One of my friends in the condo complex gave me a mason jar with ingredients for minestrone, you just add water, potatoes and carrots. I made that and made one of the sheet pan meals from the class I took earlier this week. Ranch pork chops and potatoes. Both meals were really good and now I have meals for the week.

Another friend went away for the day and asked me to walk her dog. Poor Lacey, she missed mom. She didn't want to walk so I picked her up and carried her for a while and talked with her. We must have looked a sight.😊 I put her down and she walked a few minutes but didn't want to go anymore so we headed back to her condo, then she walked just fine.🤣

Later I sat outside with some of the neighbors and visited for a while.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

I'm super behind so won't comment on all your posts - but some awesome losses and NSVs going on. You're all an inspiration <3

Haven't been too bad this week. May have had a few too many liquid calories this weekend so shall see if the scale suffers tomorrow lol.
    Was in the office this week, which was rather strange. I was surprised by how worn out I felt after a working week in there. I've been working at home so the hours were similar but I guess the flexibility to just have a little break, pop outside, play with the cats etc makes a big difference. Also the travel in and out was def a little stressful. Shall have to see how it goes since we're getting new restrictions coming back in every few days it seems.
    Bit worried about my folks as they're in a very high infection area :( Also a little sad as they were hoping to come up and visit in October but not looking feasible now. I guess we'll all muddle on *sighs*
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx you are quite an inspirational 😀
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @hope002 and @kirsten11872 Nice losses to both of you!

@tryingagain5 Good luck and healthy thoughts to you on your imaging! I just had extra images done after my August mammogram, and they decided to also do an ultrasound. Turns out I have an extra muscle running along my sternum, which is what showed up in the first round! Nevertheless, it's scary to have to go back, so I'll be thinking about you!

Spent the morning cleaning house and I'm about to go play some golf with the hubs. Everyone take care and relax this weekend!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @Cafelelia thanks! I’m feeling great

@tryingagain5 thanks! I was very happy when I weighed myself yesterday! I was surprised!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @GingerPwr thanks!😊
  • xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in week 5
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 253.9 (115.2 kg)
    CW 254.1 (115.3 kg)

I will take that and run (so to speak 😆). I had a horrible week with migraine and pain, plus nausea which food actually settles. I stopped counting calories for a few days, and stopped caring. My weight was up 1.5kg earlier in the week.

Off the back of my awful week however, I am absolutely sick of feeling dreadful. It has forced me to ask myself what is in my control, and that's the food that I am eating and the exercise that I do. You can't out-exercise a "bad" diet. Not that my diet is bad, but there is a bit too much processed food and added sugar that has crept back in, and I suspect it is triggering the migraine and inflammation/pain.

I also need to get consistent with yoga, it really makes a difference. And now it's Spring here, the weather is a lot nicer and the coastline is right there, I'm planning on more walks. Good for the body and the soul. 🤩🌷💪
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 13,563
    Mon- 9,249
    Tues- 15,922
    Wed- 7,930
    Thurs- 9,710
    Fri- 8,866
    Sat- 11,314
This discussion has been closed.