TEAM: Flab-U-Less (October)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now along with Lorianncorrea. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 260lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am 911 command supervisor. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday,Sept 27th., officially kicks off our October Challenge! This challenge runs from Sept. 27th to Sat. Oct. 31st.(This is a 5 week challenge this month). So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda@mram3582
  • happy7811
    happy7811 Posts: 154 Member
    Hi my names Barb
    I am not new to this challenge infact i had to leave this team i think a year back .first had a heartattack which i was just getting recoved from then the bomb dropped just in october of that year ended up with cancer missed my holidays thanks giving an chritmas had surgery both them month. Then following chem an radation.now cleared for exercises
    Been trying last 2 months to lose weight on own but guess i just need alot of pushing around (laughing
    My goals are to
    Lose weight
    Lower my blood pressure
    Lower cholesterol
    An get my strength back which i lost during not much exercising a year.
    Looking forward to meeting each an every. team mate.
    An good luch to each and everyone here.
    I have learned from this last year no matter how are day ends dont worry about it because we have another new day to look forward too.One day at a time.
  • mram3582
    @happy7811 Hi Barb! I'm so glad you're having a better year than last (few people can say that ;) ) You've got great goals and a bright and shiny new day to achieve them! I'm pushing there right with you too! I'm learning to walk again after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last month. Now, if only I could talk straight again! :| One day at a time! And we have been granted another day! <3 Welcome!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    happy7811 wrote: »
    Hi my names Barb
    I am not new to this challenge in fact I had to leave this team i think a year back .first had a heart attack which i was just getting recovered from then the bomb dropped just in October of that year ended up with cancer missed my holidays Thanksgiving an Christmas had surgery both them month. Then following chemo and radiation. Now cleared for exercises
    Been trying last 2 months to lose weight on own but guess I just need a lot of pushing around (laughing
    My goals are to
    Lose weight
    Lower my blood pressure
    Lower cholesterol
    An get my strength back which i lost during not much exercising a year.
    Looking forward to meeting each an every. team mate.
    An good luch to each and everyone here.
    I have learned from this last year no matter how are day ends dont worry about it because we have another new day to look forward too. One day at a time.

Hi Barb,

Your story sounds a lot like mine. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had surgery late October 2019. Thanksgiving and Christmas are a blur because I was in the midst of chemotherapy followed by radiation. After all that, I am trying now to get my life back on tract in the midst of COVID-19. My immune system is compromised so I have to be super diligent. I want to join the November Biggest Loser group and try and get my health and eating habits back on tract.
  • happy7811
    Hi Lenilus wow it just seem i read my life over again .i try an put the past behind mewhats done is done.i remember some details but for me everything went so fast
    My first operation was November 17 week before thansgiving my second one was December 19th then the healing took place. An then took therapy for 4 weeks put in chemo January 6th got out in march or april thats a blur there then had 2 weeks rest they put me in radation got done by july 10 would of been done sooner but they had to stop it close to my end date i started to 🔥 .in between all this i did my daily exercise everyday no matter how i felt that was only thing kept me going an feeling like myself.Actually i think that is what kept me strong through chemo an staying positive .
    Lenilus stay 💪 an. Positive take one day at time you can do this.
  • happy7811
    Hi Mram hope this finds you one day closer to getting better an stronger . sounds like you have it alot worse than i do.its hard to know how your feeling until you walk in their shoes as i have learned that too last year.
    You can do this and get your health back just one day at a time the .
    And its great to be back with my team leader.Missed the heck (Lol) out of the team.

• lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Hello Barb @happy7811 and @leni1us !

It's great to have you in the team for october!
    I will try my best to be more active this month (October) with the daily posts.

In my weight loss experience, accountability and sharing daily with a team as always been sooo helpful!

I'm glad to be in this team!
    Go go go! Flab-u-less !!
  • happy7811
    Hi Isabella. Thank you an its good to be back
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    My goals for October: I ended September by gaining 2.3 pounds from the previous week, but lost 7.1 pounds overall. I am continuing the goal of losing 1% each week, so my goal for the end of October is to get down to 307.5, which would be a loss of 15.9 pounds.
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    daloverlyme
    October week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 197
    CW=196
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Hi all! Elysha here. I mostly maintained my weight for September which I guess is better than gaining which I was doing before joining this challenge. For October I’m going to work even harder on losing the pounds. Maybe I haven’t been logging my foods correctly? Maybe my exercise isn’t burning as many calories as I think? Who knows! But I’m going to keep trying.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    @beshamama
    Elysha, mfp tends to overestimate exercise calories.
    I like when you say: "But i'm goin to keep trying" That's the way to go! And it take strength and perseverence to keep trying!

@daloverlyme
    -1 Well done!

• WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Hello teammates!

I'm a 5th grade ELA teacher in Washington State. Things are starting to settle down after an insanely busy and troubling start of the new school year.

This month, I'm hoping to tighten up on my exercise routine and get back to logging regularly. My goal for October is to workout at least 4 times a week and drink 60 ounces of water daily. Wish me luck!🤓

GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher
    Oct. WK # 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 229.6
    Current Weight: 229.8
  • WA_Teacher
    Daily Post: Sept 27
    Track: Nope
    Calories: Doubtful
    Exercise: 2.5 mile walk
    Today's water intake: 54oz
  • mram3582
    @daloverlyme Yes! We're here to listen and hopefully provide some helpful insight...or to just listen to rants also! Whatever you need!
    @WA_Teacher excellent walk and water intake today!
  • mram3582
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Today was rough. I'm almost back to being as stiff as I was before the medrol infusions. I'm having a hard time getting up and walking......AT LEAST I AM STILL WALKING!!! I'm so happy about that all the other stuff seems incidental, even losing my ability to speak fluently and converse. As long as I'm aware and able to understand the people around me, I'm not really feeling the loss. That may change, but so far it hasn't gotten me down.
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Daily post: Sunday
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes a walk
    Under calories: nope
    Starting over tomorrow with eating better and exercising more. Today was the last hurrah 🤣
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Welcome back Team Flab-U-Less and Welcome new membets! I rejoined the challenge in September after gaining back a lot of weight this year. For September I set the goal of 5 workouts/week at least 30 minutes (which I met 2/4 weeks) and no sugar binges which I met! I'm keeping those goals for October and setting a weight loss goal of 5lbs for the month.
This discussion has been closed.