‘Ladies put your lipstick up’ ~ makeup selfies

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    ^^ Who does she belong to? YOU?! You look like sisters! (Love the mascara, btw)

Do you mean my daughter? LOL She is 27 and just got married in June.
    I have three fav mascaras that I rotate:
    Too Faced Better Than Sex
    Urban Decay Perversion
    Tarte Maneater

Congrats to both you and your daughter!

I also like Better Than Sex. Have your tried Milk Make-up Kush Mascara? It’s really similar to Better Than Sex. It’s one of my go-tos!

Ps: when I grow up I want to be the person who names make up.

Milk products don't agree with me. I'm not sure if it's an ingredient or my aged skin.

Shoot...well whatever you’re doing it’s working. I hope my skin one days looks “aged” in the way yours does.
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    @MelG7777

You're welcome. Now please share that beautiful face.

ETA: @GymGoddessGoals she lovessss makeup and she's really good at it too.
    Thank you!!

Love this thread! Beautiful ladies.

I’m not super great at makeup. I like it to look pretty natural. If natural includes a little bit of over the top highlighter.😂 I find it funny that quite a lot of people will say “you look great and you’re not wearing makeup/hardly any makeup” (online, probably doesn’t look that way in person). And I’ll be like “I feel like I just caked my face up here”. Which is good I guess!

I use a lot....I guess I’m the only one!
    Foundation, a little powder, cream blush, bronzer, eyebrow powder and gel, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, highlighter. And lip gloss. Always lipgloss. And sometimes liner. I’m just a real minimalist. 🙈

The closer up pic is my feeble attempt at the whole “fox eye” look. The other one is probably what I normally do. Keep posting them! I love watching makeup people on YouTube.
    5qzm7mr1011b.jpeg
    rqwy50abxh98.jpeg

smouldering. FOX eye? i've never heard of it. your look is stunning
  • MiNinaLisa
    I have a few from the wedding

n27oio0a099m.jpg

mad7335laof1.jpg

you are naturally beautiful, and makeup just ups the ante on that :)
  • MiNinaLisa
    Does anyone use Lashify? I'm borderline about to order a pair. My eyelashes need help lol

I use vaseline on my lashes at night. They grow in fast and thick. This also works for brows.

i have neither - i'll give this a shot
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Does anyone use Lashify? I'm borderline about to order a pair. My eyelashes need help lol

I use vaseline on my lashes at night. They grow in fast and thick. This also works for brows.

@MiNinaLisa There are serums that you can buy for lashes and brows. I have used them also and prefer the Grande brand. They work great but they tend to be a little on the pricey side. I find that vaseline or castor oil also works and is much cheaper.
  • MiNinaLisa

@MiNinaLisa There are serums that you can buy for lashes and brows. I have used them also and prefer the Grande brand. They work great but they tend to be a little on the pricey side. I find that vaseline or castor oil also works and is much cheaper.

i've heard of all the serums but because i've had retinal detachment and other issues with my eyes - something natural would be more up my alley - thanks for the tip!
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member

MiNinaLisa There are serums that you can buy for lashes and brows. I have used them also and prefer the Grande brand. They work great but they tend to be a little on the pricey side. I find that vaseline or castor oil also works and is much cheaper.

I will be giving this a try for sure.

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Y’all make me wanna throw a wing on and get glam
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    u7tqc7m30dox.jpeg
    ga3w5qwn7zg0.jpeg

This is one of my favorite looks. "The E-girl look." I have a lot over the top looks from earlier in quarantine.
    One thing I can't do or have never learned how to do are fake lashes. I can manage a few individual pieces but a whole strip lash???? I can't seem to figure it out. One side is always flappin in the wind 😭😑
    😍😍so cool!

I used to be able to do strip lashes....I’ve apparently devolved in my skillz. The last few attempts have been frustrating.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    u7tqc7m30dox.jpeg
    ga3w5qwn7zg0.jpeg

This is one of my favorite looks. "The E-girl look." I have a lot over the top looks from earlier in quarantine.
    One thing I can't do or have never learned how to do are fake lashes. I can manage a few individual pieces but a whole strip lash???? I can't seem to figure it out. One side is always flappin in the wind 😭😑

Until the wedding, I had never done false lashes either. Loved them so much I bought some to try. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Love your highlighter; what brand?
    I use Nabla highlighter and shadow palettes.
  • MelG7777
    Also....I’ve seen a couple people wear magnetic lashes. People I know irl (so no smoke and mirrors) and they look sooooo good!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    u7tqc7m30dox.jpeg
    ga3w5qwn7zg0.jpeg

😍😍so cool!

I used to be able to do strip lashes....I’ve apparently devolved in my skillz. The last few attempts have been frustrating.

I always rage quit. 😭
    u7tqc7m30dox.jpeg
    ga3w5qwn7zg0.jpeg

Until the wedding, I had never done false lashes either. Loved them so much I bought some to try. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Love your highlighter; what brand?
    I use Nabla highlighter and shadow palettes.

I honestly don't remember. I don't have a specific highlighter. This was probably a combination of eyeshadows from the Jaclyn Hill and Tati vol 1 palletes. It's hard for me to recreate things because I'm always mixing stuff together.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    The trick with the strip lashes (I think) is to cut them properly to your eye. Each eye is different too.

If it pulls up in the corner then you can try to exert precision hand eye coordination to apply glue to the corner only, wait for it to get tacky/sticky...then press down.

If it still doesn't work after that, I rip 'em both off, put on another layer of mascara then call it a 🤬 day.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Loving this thread. You all look so pretty. :love:
  • GymGoddessGoals
    The trick with the strip lashes (I think) is to cut them properly to your eye. Each eye is different too.

If it pulls up in the corner then you can try to exert precision hand eye coordination to apply glue to the corner only, wait for it to get tacky/sticky...then press down.

If it still doesn't work after that, I rip 'em both off, put on another layer of mascara then call it a 🤬 day.

I have also been told that wig glue works wonders for lashes. Never tried that.
  • MelG7777

Girl....maybe. Maybe I’ll attempt it again. 😂 I’ve watched so many tutorials. I’m starting to think it’s a lost cause.

@Yoshiboobs omg “rage quit” is a perfect description to the end of that scenario 😂
  • MelG7777
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/g30625811/best-magnetic-eyelashes/

i've never tried them but i like the idea of them. i've bought regular sticky pairs in the past and they end up looking like spiders surrounding my eye lids. the only time i ever worn them IN PUBLIC was when i had individual lashes done by a pro for a wedding. this is the result. *keep in mind i have about 5 lashes on each eye and they stick out straight. so this was huge for me* i know you can BARELY see them, right? :D

74x93d381vab.jpg

Beautiful pic! Always such a beautiful smile!!😍
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/g30625811/best-magnetic-eyelashes/

i've never tried them but i like the idea of them. i've bought regular sticky pairs in the past and they end up looking like spiders surrounding my eye lids. the only time i ever worn them IN PUBLIC was when i had individual lashes done by a pro for a wedding. this is the result. *keep in mind i have about 5 lashes on each eye and they stick out straight. so this was huge for me* i know you can BARELY see them, right? :D

74x93d381vab.jpg

Beautiful pic! Always such a beautiful smile!!😍

What she said! 😍