Exercise is My Morning Meditation

I love to listen to my body and internal thoughts as I work out each morning. And as I work out, my primary focus is on building stability and strength. I don't worry about doing 150 squats in 20 minutes. Good form is what matters for stability and strength, so I listen to my body and go with it. Being in tune with myself in this way really helps to make the rest of the day better and has been improving my physical form and abilities tremendously.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I'm up at 5am and out on the pavement. Then once I'm back I lift weights (one body part per day). This is the time I get to spend with myself and sort out any mental blocks or issues. So yes exercise is also my meditation time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    It's rare that I get around to traditional seated meditation, and do prefer meditation-in-motion in general.

I've found I don't get the meditative benefits when I have the TV or a podcast on - I need nothing or music, preferably music that is not in English, like yoga songs in Sanskrit (ex: Krishna Das.)

When I get a massage, I also relax better if the music does not have English words.