Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    :heart:
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thinking about trying out Flotation Therapy.

Have any of you tried it?

----

M in Oz

I have, but more for the experience than for therapeutic purposes. It was relaxing once I forgot I was there. I was in my 20s, so I didn't have pain or sleep issues then, so I just tried to enjoy the experience.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I wonder when fictional TV shows will start including references to C-19. Using hand sanitizer. Doing extra cleaning. Distancing. Working from home. Etc. Etc.

You could add a comedic element to it. The business of having to use hand sanitiser every time you go into a different shop gets rather funny. 🙂

A coworker and I were talking about the smell and consistency of the hand sanitisers in different stores. I told him that whatever Chemist Warehouse was using now smelled so bad I had to go to Target where they've got a nicer smelling hand sanitiser to get a better smell going!

M in Oz

We have a lot of breweries and distilleries here and they are making hand sanitizer. It all smells like booze.

Tina in CA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Good Monday morning. I lost my post from Friday. Had the weekend off and enjoyed just doing nothing. Did go to church yesterday and I am helping do pictures for a church directory. It was fun. Now I will go out Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 5-7 to take pictures and next Saturday morning 10-noon and Sunday before church and then we will be done. Nothing fancy but just a quick picture so we can put names to faces. Also then we can send cards or whatever.

Heather--So glad the party went well. Love the cake and the candles. Never seen any like that.

Saturday afternoon went and got my tatoo finished. I do like the way it turned out. It is a memorial to our son and nephew that passed away. I have changed my picture to show it.

Thanks for the update on Lisa. Lisa sounds like a lot of tests I had with the same results. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Crazy day at work. Still trying to work out some problems with the system. Then today the phone system is not working. It is not our system, but the state windstream. It means not every call is getting through and you can not call out. Makes for interesting day.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Today is September 28, 2020
    National Good Neighbor Day- uS
    Ask a Stupid Question Day—Worldwide (Who is Ned Flanders?)
    Hug a vegetarian Day- worldwide (any vegetarians here? You get a virtual hug!
    Drink Beer Day! -Worldwide

Just trying to get my head back in the healthy mode. Slacked off and scale shows it. I was glad that the size 10 denims I bought on sale fit, only a little snot so 5-10 pounds down should do it!

Pip! Where’s that boot!!

RVRITA

Spider Picture. They are on the March here!
    x897qr2u9psn.jpeg
    2r96pw4r2rgl.jpeg
    ej36locahtp4.jpeg
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 331 Member
    :DB)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    So my phone appointment is now for Friday 2nd, my birthday. Better than Friday 16th anyway. :D

Legs feel quite a bit better this evening, but I've got a few hours to go until bedtime.

Had a nice phone chat with my DSIL, who is going in on Wednesday for a steroid injection in her ankle. She smashed it many years ago, but, now she is 66, it is causing a lot of walking difficulties. She has had to strictly isolate for 10 days. Not allowed out and her boyfriend had to stay away.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Rita I should have read this earlier. Had I known it was the good neighbor day I wouldn't have jumped the old man kitten across the street for letting his trash blow over in my yard. I didn't realize there was a special day to ask stupid questions. Knowing such would have saved me a lot of embarrassment yesterday.

Now the vegetarian hugging and drinking beer might work out for me. The handsome old hunk a couple of blocks down went veggie a few years back but still consumes a lot of beer. He looks very huggable so off to purchase some beer and see what transpires.

Faye
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    nuip91bc7l91.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    wo4te4cvvhrl.jpeg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Just saw the massive evacuations near Debbie in Napa and her parents. Hope they got out to shelter ok.

Terri ((hugs)) for Bacon’s peaceful passing.
    Lanette many thanks for the Cannachews recommendation. If not at our local pet specialty shop will order some today.
    Lisa ((hugs))
    Welcome @hap2go!

Chetco effect hot wind putting us on edge. Need to get up and out before it gets too hot to play in the dirt.
    Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Thank you!! We are all safe. Mom and dad are north of the fires(yep, now two of them in that area) and we are south of them. The air is bad again but not quite as bad as the last fire. I was at their house for the weekend. Mom woke me up early yesterday morning to tell me about the fire and let me know I needed to go the long way around to get home. I didn't want to get stuck in evacuation traffic. That road is just one lane each and tends to back up in places on a normal Sunday. The second fire started yesterday evening. It was almost exactly a year ago the same thing happened- didn't realize how bad the fire was going to get. Friend and I went over to Cazadero for a work/fun day at the church camp- instead of two days, we were sheltered in place for almost a week. My parents had to evacuate for 2 weeks, fire came within 1000 feet of their front door. This is the third major fire in their area in the past 2 1/2 yrs.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • lcharpentier2
    keep coming back do not want to fall to far behind.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    Didn’t have time for formal exercise today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump video.

Work tomorrow. After work I’m planning to exercise, then stop at the Salvation Army near there then hopefully go to the soup kitchen to ask them if they have any large glass jars for me to use for the starter. I don’t want to use something too small. All I need is a mess if it doubles too much.

Tracey
    – when I get into those spells when I only want junk food which I know is bad for me, what I many times will do is take a small amount of vinegar. I think the sourness of it kills the desire for the junk food (which usually has sugar in it)

Kim – thanks for the update about Lisa Lisa – sending good thoughts your way. Get better fast

Terri – I’m so very sorry

Hap2go
    – welcome

My scale came today from Amazon!!!!

Katla – what a shame they are charging admission. There was an article in our paper today that said that people should just throw the candy at the kids Mardi Gras style. Right!!!! Throw it on the lawn in the dark so the kids can’t see it. Now that makes a whole whole lot of sense

Vince needed milk so after work I got it. It’s cold in your hand and when I went to check out this guy was there in front of me (no biggie) asking the clerk something. Anyway, he was saying how he thought it was rude of me to have put my things on the conveyor belt. I told him to go ahead that the milk was just getting my hand cold. He told me “no, you go ahead”. Then he tells me that he thought it very rude of me. Well, I told him to go ahead, it was his decision not to…and I’m the rude one? After that I just ignored him. No sense in pointing out that it was HIM who told me to go in front of him.

Kim
    – I hate when we turn the clocks back and Vince knows it. I’m going to have to use that on him (who wants an extra hour of 2020?).

After work went bowling. Did crappy, as usual (my handicap is now over 100). But had a good time anyway. Mahjongg tonight

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Debbie, I am sure you have folks closer - but if you and/or your folks want to come as far south as my home, you are welcome to evacuate to here.

Michele - you kinda have to keep your clocks on work time now...

Kim in N. Cal.
  • lcharpentier2
    Michele
    yes vinegar or a dill pickle works why didn't I think of that before them darn cookies last night. Well that's done and over.

Had a good day today. Hope I can roll a bunch in a row.

Linda in Northern Ontario
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michele: Sourdough likes to be in an opaque container that doesn’t admit light. King Arthur sells a nice crock. I bought one from King Arthur as a gift for my daughter. (I also have one.) They shipped it to the hardware store in my daughter’s town. It was the local delivery place. The crock arrived in perfect condition. I was visiting and carried her sourdough starter inside two ziplock bags in my pocket on my flight there. It was nice and dark in my pocket. There were no worries in the airport scanners. Your starter will appreciate a container that keeps out light and is big enough to let the starter double without spilling over.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Debbie, I am sure you have folks closer - but if you and/or your folks want to come as far south as my home, you are welcome to evacuate to here.

Michele - you kinda have to keep your clocks on work time now...

Kim in N. Cal.

Thank you!!! Right now all of us are safe. Mom and dad are north of this and will go to my aunt's if they need to evacuate. We are south and south east of both of the fires. So far all my friends/family are closer to it but so far still safe- one friend isn't sure about her place. She evacuated to my parents house during the first one 2 1/2 yrs ago and is older so harder on her.
    Just watching for any updates. They are popping up and going crazy fast.

Debbie
    Napa Valley Ca