Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    Oh wow, I came back to over 50 unread replies - guess I really should check in more over the weekends! Thanks @1theresamcvean for keeping track of all of these troublemakers :wink: while I was enjoying my weekend and shirking all of my responsibilities! :lol:

Welcome aboard, @kiane50 !! I'm Ashley, one of the captains of this wonderful team along with Theresa. We're so happy to have you with us. If you have any questions or if anything is confusing, please feel free to post about it. We will do everything we can to make sure you feel like you belong!

@debbiewsharpe - Sunday it is!

General Update on Me:
    • I hit 700 rides this morning - the owner of the spin studio forgot to turn on the AC, so it was boiling hot in there, which was not pleasant for someone as temperature sensitive as myself (I got very dizzy and had to hold back for a good five minutes of the ride while my body tried to calm down)
    • A friend of mine recently tested positive for Covid-19, and while I don't have any symptoms, I am still nervous if I caught it from her
    • My stress eating has slowed down, so while I think I'll have a gain this week, I should level out and be back to losing for October
    • My weight has gone up, but my measurements have gone down, so at least I know I've got some extra muscle to help me through this journey now

Hope everyone's Monday is starting out strong! Be sure to drink plenty of water today, and readjust your posture, and be kind to others - we don't know what they're going through behind the scenes.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Sunday Check In
    I did IF and had a good day of eating on plan, until I had a few potato chips in the evening, which were not on plan. It’s fine though and I did not have many. But chips can be my kryptonite, so this is something that I have to keep an eye on. The weekend was super busy and I helped my son on a bunch of projects. High school is no joke and he is just discovering that! It is another warm, beautiful day today and I will try to get out for a walk later. I had a lot of posts to catch up on, so some of my responses go back a few pages here.

Congrats team for being on top in the Week 4 challenge! Happy Monday and here’s hoping we finish September strong!

@timibotkin - I am so sorry about your break up and hope that you are doing ok. Sending you a virtual hug.

@kandi3570 - You look great and congrats on that NSV! I love clothing NSVs!

@mainbeachbum - Beautiful pics and your deck looks amazing!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I love your plan to be healthy at whatever is your final weight. You look lovely in both photos! So sorry that you had those migraines again and hope that you feel better this week.

@kiane50 - Welcome to the team!

@minstrelofsarcasm - Congratulations on 700 rides, what an amazing accomplishment! I hope that you did not get COVID. Not sure what testing is like where you are, but maybe you want to get a test if you were exposed. Take care!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 956 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:5
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.8
    CW (Current Weight): 202.4

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and happy Monday team. I thought I would pop in real quick and say a hello. I'm getting a new foster dog this evening so I should be able to post some pictures to share with you. He is about 8 years old, about 8 pounds and a chihuahua. His name is Fafi. I'll definitely post an update.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Monday check in
    Steps 7181
    Walk 9 min... I think it actually was longer than that but I didn’t look at my watch so I have to rely on my tracker today
    Water 64 oz
    Food prelogged

I am covering at a very small clinic for the next few weeks, I am going to have to go for a few extra walks to keep my steps up. I think I can walk the length of the clinic in 10-15 steps. Normally, at the medical office building where I work, I have to walk up and down a few hallways or go across the parking lot to the main hospital which helps me get my steps.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Monday check in 13289 steps. 1023 calories. My tendinitis is still hurting. I wore a brace all day. My job is not forgiving. Lol. Also I got anew roof today. Now to paint the patio. I’m not sure but I think I’m going to have go with white. I just think it would look like more of an extension of the house, white. But I really would prefer to stain the railing. So we’ll see. And then back to the kitchen. I can’t wait h til all of this is done. I put the kitchen on hold when I had to replace the deck. I would like it done before Christmas but honestly with the sports schedule right now, it doesn’t look good. Maybe I’ll just plan on having all the cupboards stripped and start the major construction in the spring.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Oh and of course Oliver has claimed the covered patio. It’s now his domain. 😂
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @kandi3570
    Sorry about your tendinitis. Hope you get it under control.
    White is always a good choice when painting. You can always change your mind later.

Oliver us cute! Of course he claimed the area.😊
  • tryingagain5
    @mainebeachbum
    What do you do at the clinic/hospital?
    That us definitely small if you can cover the length of the clinic in 10 to 15 steps.
  • tryingagain5
    Monday 9/28
    Food: good
    Watet: 32 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes with my trainer

Got home a little later than normal today. My neighbors were out with their dogs this morning so I talked with them for a while. Tried calling to get an appointment for the extra breast images but the automated message said I was caller 9 and I didn't want to wait so I went to bed.

Of course I couldn't sleep so I got up a little earlier than normal and called again. I'm scheduled for Friday Oct 9th. They said to plan on up to 3 hours because there is time in between the two tests where you have to wait. They want to give you the results before you leave. I like the idea of knowing before you leave.

Went to the gym and saw one of my mom's best friends. I haven't seen her in a long time so I talked with her for a while. She helped my mom with a lot of things and helped our family when my mom died.
    Got in a good workout with my trainer. Was mostly strength training today.

Went home, had supper and napped for a couple of hours.
  • tryingagain5
    edited September 2020
    @lennoncpa

Yay! Love the doggie pics!😁
    Can't wait to see the new doggie!😊
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    @mainebeachbum
    What do you do at the clinic/hospital?
    That us definitely small if you can cover the length of the clinic in 10 to 15 steps.

I am a Physical Therapist. I work mostly outpatient but cover or help out a lot on the inpatient unit, too.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/28 steps 11680
  • tryingagain5
    @mainebeachbum
    Nice! Sounds like a great job. You get to help people everyday.

I've had physical therapy several times for different things. It helps a lot as long as you do the homework. I know some people who only did the exercises with the PT and didn't do any of the homework and they still have issues.
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Hey all sorry it’s been a crazy weekend had our good friends wedding. They had to change venues three days before the wedding due to a wildfire that started four days before their wedding and I went down early and was running all weekend helping get everything ready. The wedding did turn out amazing and beautiful and was so much fun. I did splurge a bit during the wedding so now it’s time to get back to work 😊 I’ll have to get caught up on everyone’s posts later today but hope everyone has a good week
This discussion has been closed.