Introductions!

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome to the October 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK

Replies

• jules7890
    jules7890 Posts: 145 Member
    Hi everyone😁 Looking forward to killing it in Roctober! 👻
  • jules7890
    jules7890 Posts: 145 Member
    Hello everyone!

My name is Lisa, and I'm a graduate student living in Ithaca, NY. I'm a devout Crossfitter and never mind being teased about it, haha. I went on a nutrition plan with a coach for 6 months this past year, and lost 35lb. When COVID hit, I gained by 10lb! Very annoying. I'm ready to shed that weight and then some. I'm at 176, I want to get down to at least where I was at 164lb short term; perhaps 158lb long term.

I really hope I can keep up with this group. This is exactly what I was looking for, accountability with like minded folks!

Thank you to the organizers for your work!

Best,
    Lisa A.

Welcome, Lisa! Oct is my 3rd month. Very seasoned members here w lots of inspiration! All the best in October 🎃🙌🏽
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    If you are a noobie for UAC, consider coming over the September Challenge as "practice" while waiting for Oct 1 to roll around (especially if you know you are "only start on Mondays" type ... as Oct 1 happens to be a Thursday this year ..... just sayin' ....)

Either way, we long-termers will be seeing you here in the Oct Group starting Oct 1!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138256-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2020
  • RoseReads1
    RoseReads1 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Everyone. I am in my 30's, I am 5'3 and 3/4ths :smile: I am re-starting my journey to wellness. The joy of thyroid issues(eye-roll), but I refuse to let it be an excuse. I have a huge goal that I am breaking down to a much more manageable one. I'm working in an educational setting, so my times to eat are very strange and my schedule is completely different from my husbands as he works 2nd or 3rd shift depending on the week. Long term I have about 65lbs to loose. My goal for October is to log all the things and get in at least 9500 steps daily.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Happy pre-birthday Dave.

This is my first time in a group challenge. For the past two months, I've been doing the monthly plank challenge in the main forums. My elbows were displeased but bore through it.

My weight-loss/body fat lowering progress was halved in the past month. While I realize I'm quite close to maintenance, my goal for this challenge is to see if accountability and a smidgen less food can get me back to my previous rate of body fat loss.

OCT Exercise: Kettlebell (KB) workout program, daily walking, stair climbing and random calisthenics.

OCT Nutrition: Hit my protein macro (40%) at least once a week 😭 Not surpass my carb and/or fat macros more than 3x a week 😪
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Oh, and I track everything daily already so this is a moot point for me.

Can't wait for the challenge to start. You all sound like wonderful people 🤗
  • magerbele
    magerbele Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Maggie and I’m 35. Have 2 kids and work as a Merchant Assistant. I’ve went yo-yo dieting since February when I started keto and realized it was not for me. I gained the same 5 -7 on and off until I broke and said enough. I started running again back in August and try to get in at lease 3 miles 3-5 times a week. I need to add strength training to my program and in October I’m cutting out sugar and alcohol. Lord help my family 😂.
    Happy to be part of a challenge group to help keep me accountable and not looking for me to buy something! Best luck and stay strong 👍🏻👍🏻

💕Mag
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Sounds great @maltedtea!